943 students|Dade

Bad
Good

The school staff has issues . They ask for donations. I was very unhappy with the school and they made a mistake in my child's attendance record and later corrected the mistakes. Beware of the staff

It"s AWESOME!!!!!! My son is in the Orchestra Magnet is excellent. The director of the orchestra is amazing. My son is so happy and proud of his school. 100 % recommended . We are looking for high schools now and we are sad to leave this great school

This school has ISSUES! Especially the ADMIN side of things. People working there must be overworked and underpaid! They literally do not have the time, energy AND the organizational skills to deal with any problems yet alone your kid and his/her future. Most teachers are good but without the admin support they need how good can they perform??? They do not even get the boardmarkers they need for their classroom use. PTSA doesn't deal with any real life issues most of the time but with fundraising, Jeans' Day sales or similar. No hands-on, practical solutions to problems whatsoever. My son is there and we are counting the days for the school year to be over so we can run away to another school which deserves to be called a SCHOOL! If you do not want to be blaming yourself for the wrong choice you made for your child next year around this time, KEEP AWAY!

Horrendous Drama Magnet program....teacher is a mess; performances are ALWAYS late and on school nights - all they do is ask for money and donations. There's NO consideration for working parents' schedule. Cant wait for end of school year and take my child out of this program.

I love my school and am having am currently applying to a magnet high school , I strongly rcomend you join a magnet like photography and stay away from tenaj she is evil .

I went to this school and words cannot discribe what a helpful, entertaining, uplifting experience it was. When I was accepted into the Theater program in 6 grade I was a student with average grades,unsatisfactory Fcat scores, and a level 3 ESOL.Thanks to the teachers, staff, and after care assistants I was able to make progress and continue to gain th extra knowledge I needed. By the time I went to high school (CRSH) I had straight As in all advanced classes and received a 4 in all 3 Fcat scores. I want to thank the whole school in general, but especially to my theatre teacher, Ms. Madelin Marchant for helping me the student I am today.

This school is great with super teachers, but be prepared to make multiple visits to the office and/or media center to get anything done. The attendance clerk seems to be always absent or tells kids to come back later in the day for admit forms, and advising forms get lost, have to be redone and kids (and parents) chase all over trying to get paperwork turned in. Instruction is great but support staff seem to need additional support to handle the load.

although the academic teachers here are very helpful, the administration and some magnet teachers are not people who should work with children. the lunch is strict as can be which means you have no say who you are sitting with and where. much of the punishment is public embarrassment and labor. my child was put to clean the cafeteria in front of the whole lunch room for trying to sit with her friends. the uniform is very strict and the technology of the school is below average. the gifted program does not have the amount of essential technology is should have although the teachers are superb and the only reason for 2 stars.

My experience from this school was amazing from the magnet to the academic classes. The teachers there are proactive. One problem was with the counselor, they might not solve the bullying problem. Except for that the school is a four out of five.

South Miami Middle is a great place for students to feel safe and love to learn. All teachers are helpful and a large number of them either go early or stay after school for help. Administration is always there to assist. Today students had a fun time at a club rush. They had a DJ and even a dance contest.

Last modified South Miami Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.