No rating

Cattoira Montessori School

Private | PK-6 | 80 students

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Miami

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $381,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Posted June 2, 2014

Cattoira Montessori is a kid's second home. Kids go happy to school. It's a caring and wholesome environment that allows children to express all their potential and have a wonderful school experience. Teachers are very dedicated and they teach with love and patience; they deeply know each of the students. Children learn a very strong curriculum under no stress. As parents we were able to count on the teachers always, they are very professional. We recommend Cattoira 100% and so does our daughter!!!

Posted March 31, 2014

This school is amazing for my son! He started here this year in second grade. He went from being a child that just goes to school because they have to, to becoming a self motivated child that goes to school every day because he wants to. He loves learning now and absorbs knowledge like a sponge since he is so motivated. The teachers are loving and caring to the kids. He says comments when we are out like ' look that's surrealism ' on an art wall in a mini golf place and ' is that Egyptian writing' to a framed picture he saw at a friends house. The kids get plenty of play time and movement that is so important to every part of their development and all without compromising their academic learning. This school provides a well rounded positive educational and social environment. Thank you Cattoira for that wonderful gift to the children!!!

Posted December 14, 2012

Great Montessori school. I have nothing but good things to say about this Cattoira Montessori. I registered our 2 year old daughter before moving to Miami from Weston, and after that we were invited to some parents sessions where I had the chance to meet parents from kids from all classes. All of them had a very positive opinion about the school, about being nurturing, taking care of the children, and also praising the Montessori Method that had a positive impact to their children s education. Unfortunately we did not move to that area and our daughter won t attend but I would highly recommend based on at least 10 parents opinions.

Posted December 9, 2012

Look for accreditation- very limited or nonexistent. Limited environment for children , a nepotistic school here most of the staff are family members, (It is a family business) .Teachers with limited experience. It may be at best good for preschoolers, meaning non academic challenges. Look for a more professional environment for the elementary school child. Is an expensive pre/school.

Posted October 25, 2011

My child could not be in a better, more nurturing environment. My child actually asks to go to shool in the mornings!

Posted October 4, 2011

The best school in Miami! I have seen a lot of schools, and am so happy to have found Cattoira. They have intelligent, compassionate teachers with a strong sense of values. They create a warm, loving environment by encouraging parent involvement ( family feast, parent breakfast, parent night, lectures, etc.), understanding each child as unique, and truly loving children. The curriculum is so strong, that my child tested into 3 other private schools that are very demanding, but I chose to keep him at Cattoira due to their method of teaching, caring and individualized attention and educational standards. That's what I want for my child. The students learn effective socialization skills and really develop a strong sense of who they are. I've only experienced engaged teachers, educated and Intelligent parents, and a warm, encouraging atmosphere at all levels- from toddlers to upper elementary. Check it out for yourselves, that is the best way to form your own opinion.

Posted August 17, 2011

Cattoira Montessori school is fantastic. I've had my children here for 4 years and the curriculum is better than any other I've compared to with other Montessori schools. The teachers really care and they treat my children with love and respect and I have never had any issues with them. Children are being taught responsibility and some parents just don't know their role in the partnership.

Posted May 26, 2011

Teachers talking on cellphones while kids running wild on playground. Seems like there is a total lack of discipline. I looked around and found schools where the teachers were involved with the children instead of talking on their cellphones and texting.

Posted May 26, 2011

Bad atmosphere and constant problems with the child. Teachers seem not to care about what parent is saying to them, its like they know better, but really they just want you to do what they want.

Posted May 25, 2011

My child just finished her first year at Cattoira and we are so happy with the progress she made. She was in what would be considered Pre-k 4 and is now reading, writing and doing basic addition. Her teachers are all very nurturing and have taken the time to get to know her. We were only planning on having her do one year here, but because it has been such a great experience, she will be returning next fall. It is a bit pricey, but worth it!!

Posted May 24, 2011

do not recommend this school. My 3 year old was constantly getting hurt and verbal abussive in the playground by the teacher son. The children are not supervised well enough especially in the playground. I took my child out. Make sure to check complaints with children and families services before choosing a daycare.

Posted May 24, 2011

I don't recommend this school they look super nice but they persons inside is not that nice, trust me don't put you child there.

Posted May 17, 2011

I agree don't take you child in Cattoria they look super nice, but trust me, you need to see want is inside

Posted August 18, 2010

If there were an option of one hundred stars to rate Cattoira Montessori, I would click every single star. If Maria Montessori would be alive she'd request to work at this school. I've seen my children learn so much wihile having fun and looking forward to going to school. All the teachers are totally dedicated in the children's education and I've personally experienced that. I'm very happy with all the staff memebers and so are my children. I truly recommend this school for being what they are...truly the best I've seen. Thank you to the Cattoira Montessori Staff.

Posted August 15, 2010

I recommend Cattoira Montessori school for any parent who cares about their child's bright future. The vision of Maria Montessori can be seen in every teacher's eyes. They incorporate every fundamental principles of the Montessori system as Maria Montessori intended it to be. The children learn not only descipline within freedom but also understand the values of being a montessori student. My daughter enjoyed participating in the science project. The best part was students appreciated each other for their hard work. I loved that concept.They have programs that nurtures the spirit of your child.

Posted August 3, 2010

Unfortunately Miami is filled with schools who use the Montessori name and have no concept as to what it really means. Cattoira is one of those. They may have the materials, but they lack the knowledge and fundamental principles of the Montessori system as Maria Montessori intended it to be. Exp. (They give awards for projects, they have an "art show" where they do most of the work and the children are not encouraged or even allowed to come up with their own art project, all very non-Montessori) In addition they are mostly concerned with money and nothing else, it seems that they charge for everything there. They seem to go out of their way to please a few parents with no regard to what the impacts will be on the children. Very high tuition is not worth it. The grounds are beautiful, that's all it has going for it.

Posted November 14, 2007

Great School, wonderful teachers, very good academic level. The school truly follows the Montessori philosophy. I highly recommend this school

Posted October 2, 2007

I highly recommend this school. All the teachers are so wonderful with the children. My children love attending here and I have seen their tremendous progress in so many areas. The teachers truly care and work very, very hard on educating the children. I love the teachers here and thank them so much for their great teaching abilities, efforts and dedication. They deserve the best reward given to Montessori School teachers. Parent involvement, academic programs and extracurricular activities are beyond my expectations.

Posted September 4, 2007

The Cattoira Montessori School has truly touched our hearts in my family. Our child was enrolled in the Toddler Program, and we are truly grateful to the Staff/teachers for their dedication and efforts they have put not only on our child, but in every child. We were able to witness our little boy reach milestones at such a small and young age.

Posted July 6, 2007

The staff are wonderful with the children! My child loves the school! And we are HAPPY too!

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Outdoor learning lab

School start time
  • 7:30 am
School end time
  • 5:00 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Lorena Catoira
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Associations
  • AMS
Fax number
  • (305) 274-4741

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Library
  • Music room
  • Outdoor learning lab
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • American Montessori Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis