Miami, FL

Posted March 07, 2015
OMG! I wish there would have been more reviews about this horror school before we enrolled our kids, it would have saved us a lot of trouble. Coming from a real Waldorf school, it was shocking to realize the low level of commitment to the education the people in charge have. We pulled both of our children after the winter break, what a relief!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 27, 2015
As a parent who has adopted the Waldorf style of education, Sunrise School of Miami is far from these philosophies or practices. Under the allure of this form of education, be cautious and skeptical regarding this school s core curriculum. It took some years to fully see that the teachers are NOT Waldorf Trained or Certified and to our surprise, NOT even accredited to teach in public schools. The head administration or the lack of clearly indicates the disarray of the entire school curriculum and direction with the children s wellbeing and education. We have left this school for another private school only to discover our child was two grade levels below a typical public and private school attendee, be very mindful of this and time lost with a child s education at the Sunrise School of Miami. Strongly Not Recommended!!!

Posted February 27, 2015
This school misrepresents itself as a Waldorf inspired school. Their operating practices are secretive. Over the past 5 years they have had a huge turnover of students and faculty. They have hired and fired half of the teachers. One year the entire 2nd grade except 2 students left mid year. This year they closed the 4th and 5th grade class after two months of school. Their solution was dissolving the students into the 3rd and 6th grade classes without modifying those curriculums. Most of the students left without a teacher were forced to find other schools mid year. Sadly so many good families have been traumatized. Last year 4 of the 8 teachers said they would not return the following year. They can not hold onto teachers. Before you leave your deposit ask all your questions. Once you sign you're contract you will not get a refund. Do you're homework.

Posted February 26, 2015
If you are looking for a waldorf school do not go there. Poor education, poor academics, poor arts, poor environment. unprepared teachers and unqualified administration. Just appearance.

Posted February 24, 2015
STAY AWAY!!!!! These folks have no credentials, no licenses, no training, they will lie to you and convince you they have everything. Please ask to see any documentation if you consider this Disneyland like Waldorf montage for your child. Schools like this ruin the reputation of this wonderful education. If you are considering this place, because your child does not do well in the school he or she is at, there are other options out there, don't do this to your family... When a bad review is written they ask parents to write good ones to balance out the rating, simply disgusting!!!!

Posted November 20, 2014
This is my child's third year and we could not be happier. She loves her school, her friends, her teachers and most of all learning. A Waldorf Education is not for everyone, so I agree you should research and make sure its a good fit for your family. We have made lifelong friends with the other parents and we genuinely love them and their children. If its right for you, you will love it.

Posted June 27, 2014
Be careful with this school! They make it sound so fantastic but there are some very strange things going on there. My son wasn't allow to talk about Sponge Bob, he wasn't able to sing songs not taught at the school and he had to hide the logos of his clothes!!! He was forced to run around the field a few time in the blazing sun over saying the word "heck" and had to stay in one room the whole day, (even for lunch) because they don't have a cafeteria. The academic level is very low. My son, who has a slightly above average reading level, seemed like a reading hero compared to the kids who had learned how to read there. My son's teacher lacked empathy, was cold, and was more concerned about enforcing non-sense rules than actually teaching and connecting emotionally with the students. That is exactly the opposite of what I intended to find in a "holistic school", like they are supposed to be.

Posted February 15, 2014
My daughter is now in her second year at Sunrise and awakes each and every morning happy to go to her school. Learning at Sunrise (and within a Waldorf curriculum) is not a two-dimensional exercise, but touches upon the spiritual and honors the child as a unique and loving soul. This may sound New Age to some, but as an educator I am saddened and frustrated at the current state of education. Children are no longer given the freedom to learn through play, and their imagination and creativity are stifled through senseless testing and homework assignments, and mind numbing textbooks. Sunrise School of Miami is community. We have made close friendships with the other parents in part because we all share the same ideas and concerns about education. We greatly value the spiritual, emotional, creative development of our children because these are essential building blocks of any learning, and of intellectual growth. Sunrise School of Miami is also a very special place because of its teachers. These are individuals who are truly committed to their craft.. My daughter s teachers connect with her in a very profound manner. I strongly encourage others to explore Sunrise.

Posted January 11, 2014
The families who send their kids to Sunrise School of Miami are just wonderful! We moved our 2 kids to this school over a year ago, and it was a good decision. My daughter runs with the other kids to see who can get in the early childhood classroom (age 4-6) first every morning. My kids beg me to go to "aftercare" so they can be with their friends, and even then, at the end of the day, I have to drag them out of the school! The teachers are first rate. They are responsive, attentive, and genuinely care. Be sure that Waldorf method is right for your family, and if so, you and your kids will adore this school.

Posted November 14, 2012
The more and more I experience my children's education at Sunrise School of Miami, the more grateful I feel. This school, its teachers and administration have dedicated their time and efforts to develop the well being of the students. Which each passing year, we have been able to see little ones develop into centered young adults with amazing futures in many of the best High Schools and Universities around the Country. If you are interested in Waldorf Education, I encourage you to visit the School, speak with the teachers, parents and perhaps participate in some of our school events. Waldorf education is not only about Academics, it is about respect, love and community. It requires more from the parents than many other schools, but realizing that the fruit of our work as parents is a that of a warm environment, makes it all worth it.

Sunrise School of Miami
8795 SW 112th Street, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Sunrise School of Miami is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
Sunrise School of Miami Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top