Miami, FL

Miami Edison Senior High School 3

Posted September 16, 2013
I only like the bible club that was it. I didn't like 9-12 grade yea ove there since the school students were becoming a big ego showing off.

Posted March 04, 2008
This school is out of control. It is virtually impossible to keep my child on the right path whilst learning in this environment

Miami Edison Senior High School 2

Posted February 11, 2007
I think that miami edison is a school in dire need of proper management.The students have no respect for teachers or members of staff. I have to admit that some of the teachers are dedicated and even care about their students well being.I think better security measures should be taken in order to to maitain the safety of the school.Apple

Posted February 04, 2007
I transferred to edison from coral reef my ninth grade year. Even though I fought almost everyday i loved the school the teachers were great and it felt like home. I graduated in 06 and I now attend college. its been a long and hard struggle but i made it.

Miami Edison Senior High School 3

Posted October 02, 2006
I am a proud Red Raider of 2001, but I do have to admit Edison is not what it use to be. Babies having babies and students have no drive on wanting to be educated and their parents are just as young and uninterested. I'm not sure about the staff now but I had great teachers then, who cared, and a strong haitian mother who would kick my behind if I didn't do good. I am now proud to say I am a Paramedic/Fire Rescue debating if I should continue on as an Obstetrician. So stop blaming the school or the fact it's haitian based... Its what the students, parents, and staff makes it. And for the students. Stop trying to grow up so fast and enjoy your innocence

Posted September 21, 2006
I am a recent graduate from Miami Edison, 06. My experience here at Edison was great with many trails to over come. We were taken back when so many people from outside and the school board were giving up on us. I made it. Despite all those who believe that we had no hope. I graduated top 10 of my class and I now attend the University of Florida where I am studying Psychology. I dint get a chance to take the classes I needed due to the state paying more attention to the FCAT and the ones who could not pass it. Give it in another language for gods sake. that might solve the problem. I'm struggling now because the state dished out the end of the stick for some of us. But I'm going to continue to work hard and come out on top.

Posted August 01, 2006

Posted January 11, 2006
At first when i received this e-mail i agreed on not responding but after reading the negative comments about my former highschool it made me upset.I am a proud product of Miami Edison Senior high school we may not have the best fcat scores but as far as teachers i was granted the priveledge to be apart of their non crowded classes, i was captain of the V.cheerleaders, member of clubs FBLA, Deca, School Choir, Spanish honor Society, and more but to sum it up,i am now an honor student at F.A.U. and it is because of my great preparation and confidence in faculty and staff who drilled in my head that education indeed reflects your lifestyle and i chose to take it serious so i can get all the finer things that my haitian community was unable to recieve because of language and financial barriers. Nadege Jean-Marie

Posted July 13, 2005
Hi,I'm an ex-student of Miami Edison High,And i'm not joking when I say that is not a school for any child to attend. There were one or tow great teachers in that school that I'll never forget like my history teacher Mr.Givens, And my English teacher Mr.Jones. But I knew if I wanted to Graduate High school it was going to be possible to do it at Edison. So I made a choice to transfre my self out of that school.There were not many after school programs. The class rooms were totally over crowdit.

Posted June 21, 2005
Edison is not at all a great school. I am currently a student here. The school never has enough supplies for students to get proper learning. Also the administration has no kind of leadership qualities and they all run around like they are lost. But Edison does have a great band and an okay football team. Also our chess club is really great. Many parents are not involved.

Miami Edison Senior High School
6161 Northwest 5th Court, Miami, FL  33127
Last modified Miami Edison Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miami Edison Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top