Miami Palmetto Senior High School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
TERRIBLE. this school is disgusting. Parents think just because its in a rich neighborhood that its a great school but really its so dirty, grimey, and the authorities are horrible and unhelpful. They used over 30,000 dollars or so to rebuild buildings in 2016 but they cant hire new janitors to clean the 3 week old milk on the seats in the caf. This school is one of the worst. The staff are so rude excepr dr. Harley and a few others. Mr hunter now enforces uniform after being a no uniform school since it started and if you dont wear it then you get a detention FOR UNIFORM. tje securities are so grimey and they do everything BUT secure. the ladies are rude and mean and the men just hang out and act buddy buddy with the students and let them skip. DON'T SEND YOUR KIDS HERE.

Miami Palmetto Senior High School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
This school is terrible. Please parents do not send your kids here. Everyone at that school is very rude and not welcoming and the school itself is terrible. They steal from their students and treat them like they are nothing. They even called my daughter, who is a very respectful person, a liar. This school is very rude and I do not recommend sending your kids here.

Miami Palmetto Senior High School 3

Posted April 08, 2014
Fair warning, this is a big big school. If you or your child need individualized attention you will not get it here. My time at this school was one of the worst and darkest periods of my life. I'm by no means an idiot, but when I ran into roadblocks in the classroom I received very little help and that seriously tripped me up academically and I fell behind a lot. I fell through the cracks socially as well. I wasn't around healthy people and was the butt of many peoples jokes and remarks. If you need a healthy environment with more attention than a teacher with 150 students can give you don't go here. Size is not something the school can really help. Nor can they help the apathy of some instructors. I can say that my bumpy experience here truly prepared me for higher education. I learned what I liked, more about who I am. I learned to ask questions and that my education was worth getting those answers. I learned to choose better people to be in my life and I learned to love myself more cause no one else is going to do it for me. Thanks for the life-lessons Palmetto.

Miami Palmetto Senior High School 3

Posted January 16, 2014
Interesting school. Fun band, fun kids. A little bit challenging. Go to this school if you're a easy learner.

Miami Palmetto Senior High School 2

Posted January 16, 2014
The school is decent. Not the best but not the worst:) So I suppose that's how I feel about this school.

Posted September 28, 2013
This is the best comprehensive high school in the County (probably, the state too). With 27 APs, an iPrep Academy, the new Cambridge Magnet, a top-notch Jazz Band and other fine arts offerings, this school should be everyone's first choice. The Principal is dynamic, open-minded and energetic. Her administration is loyal and helpful. We are so fortunate to have Palmetto in our community!

Posted June 07, 2013
My kids are very happy and I enjoyed being a volunteer and it has been a great experience, havent had any complains.

Posted May 18, 2013
Palmetto has great academics and a huge slate of clubs, sports and extracurriculars. The facilities will be updated under the new bond. It's great having my kid in my neighborhood school!

Posted January 08, 2013
As with any school, some things about Palmetto are less than perfect. It's not the cleanest place and there are a lot of students. However, I am currently in my third year at Palmetto and I absolutely love it. If you are a good student, or at least show effort/respect towards your teachers and peers here they will go out of their way to help you. Involved students get the most out of their high school experience - any kids who don't like Palmetto probably wouldn't be happy at almost any school in the area. I chose to go to Palmetto over any private school that was offered to me. I chose Palmetto for their reputation as a competitive school in regards to grades, sports (some more than others) and productions (TVP, Yearbook, and my personal favorite - Newspaper). My teachers love their jobs and want to see students show pride in everything they do. The uniform is casual - your choice of spirit shirt (most every club has one per year so there are tons to choose from) and jeans - it's no big deal/inconvenience. My only issue is that school starts too early, but that's not Palmetto's fault.

Miami Palmetto Senior High School 4

Posted October 02, 2012
I am potential parent of this school. My son possible will go to this school soon he is studying in Shenzhen, China, but in the international class which is especially preparing the student to study in US at grade 12. For all the information I got from the internet, it is sure a very good school.

Miami Palmetto Senior High School
7460 Southwest 118th Street, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified Miami Palmetto Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miami Palmetto Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top