1,774 students|Dade

Bad
Good

I was walking out of school and there was a giant roach in the hallway. I had to act like I wasn't freaking out on the inside because there were people around. But this school is truly disgusting. I switched in the middle of my freshman year from Broward not even knowing that this school existed, to be honest. But when I first saw it I thought it looked like a prison. My first thought was "How can students enjoy when there isn't even any windows or anything? It looks like a prison." I would give ANYTHING to go back to my old school. I'm a junior now so it's a little too late but I miss is so much. Sunset doesn't even have an actual football field or track. It's ridiculously poor because Dr. Lucia Cox is putting all the money into god knows what.

This school let's mold grow in its halls and in the milk containers, they let cockroaches just wander at will. The drinking water is dirtier than the Ganges river. They don't allow the students to take books off the shelves, all around this is the worst place to receive an education, due to the disgusting conditions these students are subjected to.

The conditions are disgusting and unsanitary! There is mold in the food, it's infested with cockroaches, the school drinking water supply is undrinkable, brown and yellow. No one is allowed to check books out of the library for fear of messing them up. They aren't even allowed to take the books off the shelves! There are no toilets in many bathrooms, and much of the school is filthy. This school should have charges pressed against it!

I am a graduate from Miami Sunset Senior High and I can tell you that this is an amazing school! I have had nothing but great memories here! Teachers and staff are great, the school atmosphere in general makes you feel very comfortable. It has prepared me for college academically wise. If I can go back to my senior year I definitely would.

I'm so happy with my son's school, all of his teachers and couselors are great! Transition from middle school to high school has been very easy for him. He's learning alot and he's very happy with his school and freinds.

the school has a good volleyball team and baseball players are hot. also has great academics.. the girls are attractive

Happy to have both of my children attending Sunset Senior High. We are happy with the school curriculum and the attentiveness of all the subject teachers.

When I was there, it was a decent school. I had maybe three teachers who invested their time to help me be a better student and musician. I graduated in 2011 and there are some things about it that I do miss.

The reviews that are saying that this is a great school were written as a JOKE by my peers. None of the recent graduates from Sunset are attending Ivy League schools. I graduated from this school this year (2013). I can honestly say that Sunset did absolutely nothing for me as a student. The faculty is a joke. Whenever I needed advice or help, nobody knew or cared to help. I was in all honors and AP classes, which were taught by the "best" teachers, but even many of them refused to answer simple questions or explain something to me that I didn't understand. The regular-level teachers do nothing but hand out worksheets. I can honestly only say I had 3 teachers that genuinely cared about me and my education. By the time you are a senior there is nobody to ask questions to about college or scholarships. I am headed to a very good university, full ride, but if it wasn't for me going out of my way and finding info about schools, scholarships, etc, I would have nothing, like many intelligent classmates I knew. Do your BEST to steer clear of this school. Almost ANY high school in Kendall is better than this. The only good thing I can say is that I felt safe on campus.

i dont go here YET !!!!!. but i cant wait omggggggggggggg. i feel like its going to be really fun.

Last modified Miami Sunset Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.