1,830 students|Dade

Bad
Good

I currently have my third child attending North Miami Beach Senior and I can tell you that it has improved greatly since my older son attend several years ago. At that time when our oldest attended , safety and security were an issue and we decided to move him to another school so it was not easy to make the decision to have our second child give the school another try. Our daughter really wanted to attend and she had explained to us that things had changed since our oldest son attended, so we decided to give it another try. Needless to say, our daughter graduated last week and our third going into 10th grade come August. The teachers are great, they communicate with you and bring up issues you may encounter along the way more so than average high school. I am happy with the education they offer, their magnet programs, vocational, honors and AP and ESE programs are really good and the teachers really are very caring. This is an exceptionally good school if you want to your child to graduate with a vocational certificate as they have quite a few of them and really encourage students to work to obtain them. Alot of these kids end up going to college with a vocational certification under their belt so they do not have work for minimum wage if they have work while pursuing a college education.

Since the visit of the superintendent, the school has FINALLY decided to clean. They started power washing the pavements from the spill out, the started cleaning the gym stairs, and I've actually seen all the custodians working -all hands on deck. But in a couple days, it stopped. And it is a shame. This school does not care. This school is poor, unkept, dirty and the adminstration is rude. I do not recommded this school for newly freshmen's or anyone that is getting transfered here either.

NMB is actually a really good school. I'm about to be a junior in the BEAM program and I can say that the teachers are actually really committed and care about the students. They offer great internships and is one of the first schools to take part in the AP Cambridge/Capstone program. The only problem is the KIDS. A lot of them are delinquents who don't care about school and they are the ones who give NMB a bad name. Other than that, I think NMB is a really good school.

This school, though with many shortcomings, has excellent staff and instructors, an exceptional principal, and a Magnet program to top it all off. Though I can't speak for the "regular" students, the BEAM program is wonderful and is an enriching educational experience. Starting my junior year, I have experienced two years of wonderful teachers and above-average students.

DHATTTT!!! This school LIVE!!! Am a junior and have too much fun since my freshy year. Band live too!! Dhatt!!!

My daughter is in the Beam program at NMB and in her freshman year she did her honors gifted and AP class and scored well. Like I tell my daughter everyday If one student pass the class then you don't have an excuse. High School is not about having a good time it is the door to your future and you have the power to create the future you want.

This school isn't all that bad,but there is plenty of room for improvment.I attend NMB as a sophomore and my first year with the teachers was not a great experience.Most of the teachers rarely teach,they just throw workbooks in your face and demand you to do it.I honestly dont remember anything from my following year.The Beam program is very good,but im not in the program and i have honors and advance and have the same classes and teachers as they do so to me there isn't that much of a difference.One of the best things of attending NMB is the after school programs,there is a variety of thingsa that can help you succeed during your highschools year to after you graduate.I am very proud to call myself a charger.!

NMB well this is a okay school for this community I mean it's not the best of schools in Miami-Dade county but I experience not so good things in that school the violence is outrageous the hall ways are always crowded while classes are going on and their a very few nice teachers who'll actually go out their way to help a student. Their nursing program is good but it's like they give it to ppl who they want to have it regaurdless of your grades. I had a very upsetting experience with my teacher on my first day there he refused to go oever the work again with me one on one and I couldn't change my class it the middle of the year he was intimidating and rude and he faild me for the year...the principal I just met him in my junior year never new he look like

I am a junior at a NMB, and honestly I am impatiently waiting for June 2010. Some teachers and students are disrespectful! and those teachers feel the need to put down students and not give them hope for their remaining years and to further their education. The violence here has sky-rocketed. One thing that I have noticed in my years of attending is favoritism. The BEAM students as well as the kids that plays sports. I'm not a BEAM student but I do take the same classes as those that are in BEAM and even higher classes and I'm excelling. However, I'm not offered the same 'special' things as them. But this school is one of better schools in this area.

NMB Senior High school is a perfectly reasonable school to attend. As a student, I find that the only thing really lacking in the school is money. It is a pretty poor school but it's better than some of our neighboring schools. The teachers and faculty are overall very caring and helpful, and the extra curricular activities are top notch.

Last modified North Miami Beach Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.