2,077 students|Dade

Bad
Good

My daughter was a student at palmetto high only because is in a "good neighborhood" doesn't mean is a GREAT school, many parents who live in the area of Southridge decide to keep their kids in Palmetto. But my daughter was complaining of not learning really well. Palmetto doesn't offer much now she's a Southridge student and is in Criminal Justice something that palmetto being a "GREAT" school don't give these types of course while Southridge does. I'm very satisfied.

I went to southridge and graduated from there, I grantee if your child feels like this school is not good enough for them is because they are the problem. Parents are always quick to make excusses for their irresponsble children. The teachers at southridge are just like the teacher ay any other school , and if not better. I graduated 3 years ago and I still have contact with some of my teacher. These teacher have made a big difference in my life and thanks to them I am the person I am today. Southridge offers great academical programs as well as sports. Its a great school all around. It is also a school with great consulors, that will help each student who allows to be help achieve their goals. Do not blame the school, teachers, ans administravite team because your child is lazy and rude.

I went to southridge and graduated from there. The teachers were great the whole faculty was over all good. I went on to FIU and later GA Tech, I learned the fundamentals at southridge to continue my education and aspire to be the best possible. If your children get into trouble at school its usually because they are trying to fit in or they have a character flaw which was taught to them at home. I have kids now and they are just toddlers but I seriously hope that they have the same experiences with great teachers as I did at Miami southridge.

This is a great "real life" school. If you want your child to learn academically, as well as how to get along in the real world, this is the school. Southridge is so diverse (econimically and racially) yet the students mix and mingle so well. Students attending this school are forced to interact with many different types of people, thus preparing them for what it will be like when they get out in the real world. The teachers at Southridge are very dedicated and involved. This school offers the traditional high school experience (sports, clubs and academics) with an incredible amount of school pride and spirit. Southridge is opening a new Scholar's Magnet this coming year (2011-12). It is a partnership with FIU. Students can earn up to 2 full years of college credit before they graduate high school. My 9th grade student will be participating in the program - I am very excited.

Southridge may have AP program and Dual Enrollment program, however, the students have no say in whether or not they wanted to be there in the first place. Not even students and parents yelling at the administration will allow them to get out. The staff assumes that every child is a bad seed and treats the good ones like criminals while the bad ones run off. Teacher quality is lack-luster. Classes that are deemed honors get held back by students who don't belong in honors and have not mastered the skills to be placed in such a class. There is too much emphasis on FCAT for children who have always received level 5s (so far as to even get them tutoring during core classes such as science, causing the child to fail that class) And the school focuses on FCAT so much, it makes it a frustrating environment for students who want academically rigorous course loads and wish to go to good universities. This school is not for gifted children or for anyone wanting a challenge. For that, seek SAS.

This school needs serious staff improvements that need to be addressed by the school board. The students are not discipline correctly.

Southridge is an amaizing school ! All rumors are to be denied. You cant judge that school, based on what you heard. However, you can judge the school, based on what you see and really experienced. Students a few days ago were allowed to enter the school , and see what is feel likes to be a spartan. Infact, the kids there were very generous, and the school is very lively. There new cirruculum is phenomenal, as well as the way they contact with the students, amaizing. Don't stop your child from going to that school. Let them be a spartan! Aaah-oogh! By the way, I got accepted to the reef. However, im only going there because my parents want me to. If it was my will, I would choose Southridge. Now thats Big (:

Southridge isnt as bad as people say it is its very sporty and the kids dont get into fights as often at least not my child

This is my son's first year at Southridge.. although academically he is doing better.. personally I find it unchallenging for him.. they have not given much homeworks and no books to bring home..

I went to Southridge for three years. I didn't get the opportunity to graduate from that school. But I can tell you that during those three years I learned so much even though I was an ESL student. All the teachers helped me a great deal, they always gave me courange to keep going. After I moved to Chicago, people did ask me about the school I went to. I told them that I didn't like the billingual program on my new school, so they asked why. I said that at Southridge all my classes were in English, and because of that I was encouraged to tried harder and to my best. Yes there were fights and other problems, but I never let any of this get on my way. I'm so grateful of all the people (students and teachers) who help me.

Last modified Miami Southridge Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.