PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

In my experience, when my daughter has had a conflict with another child, the teacher has communicated it to me as well as the other parent so we all could work on sending the right message to the children, together. No child is just born a bully; it’s important that this type of relationship between parent and teacher exist so the child learns from how adults treat each other, in a respectful and helpful way like we’ve been treated at REM by the teachers.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My youngest child was diagnosed with autism very early on which has now changed to a learning disability. We’ve been extremely fortunate to have been with REM while embarking on this journey. From the administration to the teachers, they’ve all been very supportive, resourceful and accommodating. This is not a special education school, however, they do have a psychologist that periodically observes all classrooms and is looking out for any apparent areas of concern in the students. Who wouldn’t want that in an early childhood learning center? If there are developmental issues, the parents have to do their part in getting the child the treatment needed outside of school such as therapies. Once that is sorted by the parents, REM does allow therapy to be done at the center as long as the right background checks and insurance requirements are in order. As far as the teachers are concerned, I’ve been able to share a lot tools, resources, skills that I’ve learned from my daughter’s therapists which have helped the teachers and my daughter have a successful experience while she is in school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school has been a healthy environment for my children to build on the character they’ve developed at home. I feel like as long as the foundation is built at home, you are clear with the teachers on your parenting style as well as what is most important to you in your child's preschool years, it all works out. That has been my experience with REM.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The school DOES NOT support students with learning differences. This is what they sell you when you first go in, but once the student is there and the staff is required to work a litter harder for the student, they simple start building a case to get rid of the "little monster". They have a cookie cutter approach. Get with the program or get out. If the kid finishes her/his work ahead of the others, she/he better don't dare to move a muscle (play around, run, or talk), because that is consider disruptive. Is it disruptive? It could be, but is the job of the"teacher" to keep those kids engage. That is supporting the learning differences. They have one approach and students BETTER follow that curriculum because the staff will not adjust to them. In the words of one of the teacher, "I don't have time to independently care for them, they need to learn how to follow my rules and do what I said, because I have to care for all of them and I don't have extra time for just one. They better learn it now than when they go to kindergarten." If you cannot mold and teach your students you DON'T BELONG in a classroom!! These kids can learn what you are teaching them watching Sesame Street!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They don't develop ANYTHING!!! How could they develop something they don't possess. They show no integrity or respect for the kids, nonetheless the parents. And COMPASSION?!?!?! This is the one thing they lack the most. How can the kids learn compassion when they single out those that don't conform to their likes and constantly "re-direct” those that are not little robots? This brotherliness in harassment and bullying. They are only there to collect a payment. If they were developing anything, they would have live up to their mission statement. If your kid does conform to their strict rules, she/he will probably do good. On the other hand if she/he gets out the line, push another kid, throw toy around, or don't sit quietly, she/he will be labeled and used as a "bad" example for the other children. Is that developing something? Compassion is the last thing they teach this kids, with the adults behaving the way they do toward the "problem kids", they only teaching the other children how to bully their peers and pick on them.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is no homework, besides having a poster at the entrance of the classroom announcing what letter they are working on, teachers won't even discussed the student's progress with parents. If you don't ask, you won't know what they are doing. And if you ask, they seem annoyed by it. Even when we asked for progress reports, the teacher always had an excuse for not doing it, most of the time saying she was so busy during the day that she couldn’t take couple of minutes to send an email saying; “we are working on the letter A”. Yet she had plenty time to go to the director to complain about the kid running around the classroom when it was not time to play or writing extensive reports on how the kids threw a pea on the floor, or put to much paint on the art project, or had too many blocks on the playing area.

The school, the staff, the program, the process... All that I can say is that is awesome. We are really thankful with REM Our son loves to go to his school!! I think that says all about the school! Highly recommended

Our son has attended REM from 18 months to 4 years old. He is has just finished their VPK program. We have had nothing but great experiences at REM. The teachers and sad have become like family and we are sad to go. Our next child will definitely be attending REM. Our son has learned so much and feels so loved. Thank you REM!!!

Our son attended REM once he turned 3 and was going there until he graduated from pre-k. I have only great things to say about this place. We were given recommendations from a few friends and co-workers, and as law enforcement officers, we wanted to make sure safety and quality of education was number 1. After taking a tour of establishment with Mrs. Moreno, we were impressed with the size and cleaniness of rooms, and equipment (smartboards). Staff were all friendly and helpful. Teachers were amazing and so caring and loving.....you could truly see the love they had for each child there. My son's current teachers, now in 1st grade, would ask about his education prior to kindergarten. They were impressed with his learning advancement, and commended REM for a job well done. If I were still living by school, I would have definitely placed my daughter there for Pre-k. Thank You staff and teachers of REM, Tangredi family

good education in prek,my kids learn to write his name in the first 2 week,and his love the school the teachers are so loving persons,the owners are very friendly.

Last modified Rem Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-1