Southwest Miami Senior High School 4

Posted May 20, 2013
My child has been in this school since August 2012. Southwest Miami Senior High School is an awesome place for my child, the comunication between teachers and us is excellent. Is like a big family. We going to miss this school because we will move to another county. :(

Posted November 03, 2012
Southwest is an amazing school and the staff there is great although the school does have stupid rules like "no hoodies when it is cold" or "wear school pant during spirit week activities" or " no crocs" they do have a very disciplined program and are know to have an amazing attendance schedule due to the consequences if we are late like detention or Saturday school! We have an amazing athletics department at my school and to play sports you HAVE to have a minimum of a 2.0 gpa and you can't be late more than 26 times or be absent more than 10 which is a great way to keep us students in check. I believe southwest is an amazing school to have your child at because with the eagles, you're in good hands !

Southwest Miami Senior High School 3

Posted April 03, 2012
Some teachers are not effective on their students, especially with teaching and discipline. Others are of course but staff should be checking on their teachers, perhaps recieve comments from students and not walk into the class themselves. Whenever staff does that the teacher will naturally be better than they normally are to make sure they have a good show going. The lunch is terrible, I guess some people think its a "improvement," but i doubt any of these people eat like that at home, so why give us this honesrtly disgusting and greasy food? Sometimes i find hair in my food, and others my milk is spoiled. Im not sure thats an "improvement." The dress code is ridiculous. Sometimes as a "reward" they let us wear hoodies, or when its cold they let us wear them, its stupid for them to do that, and crocs? Come on. They're comfortable. I know you probably wear them at home. And also the bathrooms, dont we have janitors for a reason? Cause it really doesn't seems like they are doing their job.

Posted May 25, 2011
The teachers in this school care very much for the students. I am constantly e-mailing my daughter's teachers regardings anything from grades, homework to absences and they consistently contact me in return. The principal of the school has a handle on everything that is going on and if you need to meet with him, there are no holds barred. I wholeheartedly disagree with the previous review. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL.

Southwest Miami Senior High School 2

Posted May 21, 2011
This school is terrible, the faculty dosen't care, the students are too worried about being cool and looking their best. And, not to mention the fact that this school is flithy and dilapidated, although there are a few teachers that really care for the students, but most of them are continuing to leave.

Posted August 24, 2010
This is a great school, it was rated a B school and this year they are an A school. My oldest daughter graduated from there and my other daughter is there now. It is an excellent school.

Southwest Miami Senior High School 3

Posted January 16, 2010

Posted November 18, 2009
My two daughters just started this High School and the office staff is so caring and helpful. They are all so awesome! The counselor is excellent and made my daughters feel so happy to be part of this school. They made the transition for my two daughters so easy and all the teachers are wonderful and are very involved with the students. The mandatory school uniforms were a little difficult at first because they were going to a High School which had no uniforms but they are now getting used to it. This is one of the best High Schools in Florida!

Posted November 03, 2009

Southwest Miami Senior High School 0

Posted September 07, 2009
I am very happy with SMSH,they have the best teachers & awsome Head coach in the Football team. all the student's that play are great. Go Eagles

Southwest Miami Senior High School
8855 Southwest 50th Terrace, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Southwest Miami Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest Miami Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top