237 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted June 05, 2016
My son is graduating from SAS this year (Class of 2016) with not only his high school diploma, but with his AA degree. Classes at SAS were academically challenging, but appropriate for high achieving students. Although there are no sports, there are many clubs of interest which students can take part in. My son took full advantage of them and enjoyed them a great deal. All of the teachers are very knowledgeable and truly care about each and every student. The leadership is the best MDCPS has to offer. Dr. Monteagudo, the principal, has done an outstanding job. In my opinion, SAS is "the #1" high school in Miami Dade County Public Schools. I could not have asked for a better experience for my son.

School For Advanced Studies - South
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 05, 2016
I would like to thank Ms. Bray (guidance counselor at the Kendall campus) for her unwavering guidance.

Posted December 12, 2015
This is a great school that allows various opportunity for its students. If you are interested in applying, make sure you're prepared for tough academics!

Posted December 26, 2014
When is the earliest I can sign up for sas for the 2015-2016 school year? (class of 2018)

Posted January 15, 2014
This school is the best academic decision I've ever made. I've grown exponentially as a student with the mass amount of opportunities the school itself and MDC have offered me as a high school student. My fellow classmates have been exceptional friends and inspirations, all an ambitious bunch. I have made lifelong friends and fully prepared for my college education. At times the workload might seem overwhelming but those types of obstacles are what characterize an admirable, responsible student. I graduate in a few months with much pride knowing I graduate from the best school in Miami and 2nd best in Florida.

School For Advanced Studies - South 1

Posted January 11, 2014
This school is very stressful, doesn't have a lot of diversity, and has no prep rallies, sports, etc. Or maybe it's just my campus that is like that. Not a warm family environment. I'd be having more fun and opportunities at my old school which gives you the option of both dual-enrollment and being in two prestigious magnet programs at once, plus they have sports, more diversity and etc. So why did I go to SAS? I came to be surrounded by smart kids and to get my associate's degree. But even though when I got there I was surrounded by smart kids and was given opportunity to earn an associate's degree I 100% do not believe having my experience at SAS was worth it. And I've noticed there are several ways of getting whatever SAS offers without being in SAS. So for students thinking about applying, just look at all your options first.

Posted October 01, 2008
I CANNOT thank Mr. Lindsay enough for recruiting my son! He impressed me the moment I met him! My son's life changed the moment he was accepted! All of their students and their parents are so fortunate to have found SAS and literately won the lottery for having their children enrolled in such a fantastic program. There is no better! Especially here in Florida! As a concern'helicopter' mom, I wish ALL of Dade county's schools would follow SAS footsteps! Thank you so much for believing in my son while giving my him a great opportunity to soarer in has academic future! Sincerely, A proud single mom

School For Advanced Studies - South 2

Posted May 07, 2006
My daughter attended this school and enjoyed her tenure here. She now attends the University of Maryland based partly on the strength of the education and guidance received at this institution.

Posted November 09, 2005

Posted July 06, 2005
All of the academic programs are superb and outstanding. In the end I'm happy that my child went to this school!

School For Advanced Studies - South
11011 Southwest 104th Street, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified School For Advanced Studies - South is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.