Miami, FL

Posted January 15, 2014
This school is the best academic decision I've ever made. I've grown exponentially as a student with the mass amount of opportunities the school itself and MDC have offered me as a high school student. My fellow classmates have been exceptional friends and inspirations, all an ambitious bunch. I have made lifelong friends and fully prepared for my college education. At times the workload might seem overwhelming but those types of obstacles are what characterize an admirable, responsible student. I graduate in a few months with much pride knowing I graduate from the best school in Miami and 2nd best in Florida.

School For Advanced Studies - South 1

Posted January 11, 2014
This school is very stressful, doesn't have a lot of diversity, and has no prep rallies, sports, etc. Or maybe it's just my campus that is like that. Not a warm family environment. I'd be having more fun and opportunities at my old school which gives you the option of both dual-enrollment and being in two prestigious magnet programs at once, plus they have sports, more diversity and etc. So why did I go to SAS? I came to be surrounded by smart kids and to get my associate's degree. But even though when I got there I was surrounded by smart kids and was given opportunity to earn an associate's degree I 100% do not believe having my experience at SAS was worth it. And I've noticed there are several ways of getting whatever SAS offers without being in SAS. So for students thinking about applying, just look at all your options first.

Posted October 29, 2008

Posted October 01, 2008
I CANNOT thank Mr. Lindsay enough for recruiting my son! He impressed me the moment I met him! My son's life changed the moment he was accepted! All of their students and their parents are so fortunate to have found SAS and literately won the lottery for having their children enrolled in such a fantastic program. There is no better! Especially here in Florida! As a concern'helicopter' mom, I wish ALL of Dade county's schools would follow SAS footsteps! Thank you so much for believing in my son while giving my him a great opportunity to soarer in has academic future! Sincerely, A proud single mom

School For Advanced Studies - South 2

Posted May 07, 2006
My daughter attended this school and enjoyed her tenure here. She now attends the University of Maryland based partly on the strength of the education and guidance received at this institution.

Posted November 09, 2005
good school good programs

Posted July 06, 2005
All of the academic programs are superb and outstanding. In the end I'm happy that my child went to this school!

Posted June 25, 2005
A great school for young scholars!

Posted June 25, 2005
- a former student
The teachers and staff are really there for you!

Posted September 01, 2003
I have two daughters that went through SAS and could not be happier with the decision I made. they were going to a local well known private school for girls, was spending a fortune and they weren't happy. They are now done with SAS and they are very happy we took them from private school to SAS. Now I have a son going through it and he's doing fine so far. Thanks SAS.

School For Advanced Studies - South
11011 Southwest 104th Street, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified School For Advanced Studies - South is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School For Advanced Studies - South Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top