1,586 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I'm a student here at Devon, going into 8th grade. It gets me so emotional to see the people that I've grown up with graduate and move on from this school. Every graduate says this school is a magical place, and they're right! I love this school and all the teachers are kind and they care about you even if you don't take their classes. For parents that are thinking of enrolling their child here, go for it! Every child of every grade is open to one another and it's very easy to make friends. To students going into 6th who may be reading this, don't be scared! The eighth graders this year are very kind and I would know. Don't be scared of the seventh graders, they were once in your position. If you need help, ask any adult and they'll instantly do their best to help you out. This is the best school I've ever been to, it's like my second home. I'd give it more stars if I could. (:

Amount of homework: Disagree

I would say it's a bit too much, but I'm a student - any homework assignment is too much for me.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school and the members are the best! I love every bit of this school.

For parents who are looking for a middle school for their child to go to or can't decide wether to keep your child in Devon Aire for middle school I am here to tell you as a student of Devon Aire for 9 years to take your child to Devon Aire. I've been able to get the Middle school experience while still being around friends I have know for years now. The teachers are great in every grade and course. There's a vast majority of electives for students. In DAK-8 we only ever have like one little fight a year if any. Students are mature enough and have been taught enough about bullying to know fighting is not an okay thing to do. Bullying is also never tolerated at DAK-8 and if it is reported councilors are right there to solve the problem. We are also probably the only school who has spill out which is basically after we eat in the cafeteria (btw its one of the nicest in the district) we are allowed to go outside to talk with friends or play sports like football depending on if students bring a ball. I know now as an 8th grader going to staying in this wonderful school was the best decision I could have made because now I can go on to high school knowing I'm prepared.

My child entered school this year, and I ve had some issues with the school, security issues mostly. No one is challenged when entering the school premises...anyone can get in. Although classroom doors cannot be opened from outside, anyone can still be walking around the school. Disorganization with homework and belongings is also an issue. After school care is not good either, sometimes they have younger children in "field" outside the school premises. Young children should be given priority when assigning groups to "field". They should stay within the school premises not the public park where anything can happen. Lunch time is also concerning...sometimes children don t have enough time to eat and they have to throw away their lunches because it s time to go back to class, and they are not allowed to take the food with them. Same thing happens when they are sick with cold or dirty...nobody cleans them nor encourages them to clean themselves...I speak for the younger children. I have to say, I am disapointed of this school.

My children have been in Devonaire k 8 center since kindergarten and I feel our school is one of the best schools in Miami Dade.We are like a family.We all care about each other. We have the best teachers and have been an A+ school for many years,which I feel id proof of what a great school we have.They really deserve the $5000.00 dollars. Ms.Miranda

The teachers are suoer. The school employees are very personable. They get to know the parents and it feels like family. The education is very good. Except I hear the spanish teacher spends her time buying shoes online instead of teaching. The new principal is very involved and very caring.

Incredible attention to all aspects of your children's education. Administration, faculty and the entire staff is committed to the success of the children. PTA is great and very involved. It is a blessing and an honor to be in this school.

First of all I do like the school but I have a problem with security of the school and the principal. He stated in a phone message to all parents he is doing everything for the security of the school. I'd have to so negative. Anyone can walk in without being challenged. I do have to say the teachers I have seen so far are very good. They talk to the parents and keep everyone informed of what is going on. The principal is out of date on issues time to retire.

The principal hates hispanics which is funny since we are in Miami, never says hello, not educated either kind or polite. I think he needs to go home and retire

Last modified Devon Aire K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.