Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,524

Devon Aire K-8 Center 2

Posted March 03, 2015
My child entered school this year, and I ve had some issues with the school, security issues mostly. No one is challenged when entering the school premises...anyone can get in. Although classroom doors cannot be opened from outside, anyone can still be walking around the school. Disorganization with homework and belongings is also an issue. After school care is not good either, sometimes they have younger children in "field" outside the school premises. Young children should be given priority when assigning groups to "field". They should stay within the school premises not the public park where anything can happen. Lunch time is also concerning...sometimes children don t have enough time to eat and they have to throw away their lunches because it s time to go back to class, and they are not allowed to take the food with them. Same thing happens when they are sick with cold or dirty...nobody cleans them nor encourages them to clean themselves...I speak for the younger children. I have to say, I am disapointed of this school.

Posted April 28, 2014
My children have been in Devonaire k 8 center since kindergarten and I feel our school is one of the best schools in Miami Dade.We are like a family.We all care about each other. We have the best teachers and have been an A+ school for many years,which I feel id proof of what a great school we have.They really deserve the $5000.00 dollars. Ms.Miranda

Posted October 26, 2013
The teachers are suoer. The school employees are very personable. They get to know the parents and it feels like family. The education is very good. Except I hear the spanish teacher spends her time buying shoes online instead of teaching. The new principal is very involved and very caring.

Posted August 19, 2013
Incredible attention to all aspects of your children's education. Administration, faculty and the entire staff is committed to the success of the children. PTA is great and very involved. It is a blessing and an honor to be in this school.

Devon Aire K-8 Center 4

Posted February 05, 2013
First of all I do like the school but I have a problem with security of the school and the principal. He stated in a phone message to all parents he is doing everything for the security of the school. I'd have to so negative. Anyone can walk in without being challenged. I do have to say the teachers I have seen so far are very good. They talk to the parents and keep everyone informed of what is going on. The principal is out of date on issues time to retire.

Devon Aire K-8 Center 4

Posted January 23, 2013
The principal hates hispanics which is funny since we are in Miami, never says hello, not educated either kind or polite. I think he needs to go home and retire

Posted September 12, 2012
it school is superrrrrrrr good i love you so much , i have 3 grandchildrens hear. it is the number one

Posted June 26, 2011
Good school, but can be better in relation with kids with special needs. Need be more proactive.

Posted March 14, 2011
THIS IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL. THE TEACHERS TRULY CARE AND THE ENVIRONMENT IS VERY DIVERSE. It's one of the few top Miami public schools; the environment is very safe. I defiantly recommend it. The school is like a family.

Devon Aire K-8 Center 3

Posted August 22, 2010
The Principle comes from a middle school and caters to middle schools needs. There isn't enough support for special needs children.

Devon Aire K-8 Center
10501 Southwest 122nd Avenue, Miami, FL  33186
Last modified Devon Aire K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Devon Aire K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top