1,121 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

JDG I must say is an amazing school along with the staff. The principle, the assistant principle and the teachers do care and put all their effort to make sure the kids get all the resources they might need in order to succeed . I understand public schools have changed a lot and is more challenging for the students now then how it was before but this school is a great public school to put your child in. Is always good to ask for a tour of the school if they offer one so you can have an idea on how the school is and what they offer. I would recommended JDG because they do care and they do everything they can to make sure the kids are learning and every one is on top of everything that is going around and the communication is excellent. One thing that will be nice for this school to have that is missing maybe like a basketball team , or volleyball team or some sport that they will be able to join or maybe a robotic club. If this school is able to have that like some other public school that will make this school even more amazing then what it is already and the kids will be super happy.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

At JDG I have to say there a lot of impressive teachers who go above and beyond to help those kids and think out of the box and you can see their passion when they are teaching. they help those kids all possible way to help them not fail.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I think some times it could be a little overwhelming between the spelling words and vocabulary and some packet sent home and the computer programs but if certain teacher think that help them improve i guess they know best. As a parent I just feel there shouldn't be any homework given during the weekend when really that the only time the kids have to really enjoy there time away from their daily schedule.

Develops character: Strongly agree

excellent school when it comes to showing honesty and fairness in its students The teacher work all year around to really help this kids learn what they need to learn and their goal is not just for the kids to do well on a test but do well in general. .

My children are in Kindergarten this year. I really love this school . The teacher Ms. Rifkin is an excellent teacher and the overall organization of this school is amazing. My kids are an out of area transfer and I always knew this was the school I wanted them to go to and I'm very happy with my choice.

The new principal Mr Lopez is excellent. The teachers have excellent communication and really care about my kids. I still have one in 4th grade, but my eldest who graduated 2 years ago was very well prepared for the challenge of the Middle School gifted magnet program he is in now.

My grandchildren attend this school pre-K and 1st grade. I must say that the teachers are wonderful, especially Ms. Glassmer, Kinder and Ms. Cruz, 1st grade They take pride in their children achieving to their full capacity. In general the environment is friendly and welcoming and everyone from the person in charge of the office to the lady that prepares the food all make the children want to be in school and to learn!

I've had my child at JDG for 2 years now & haven't had any complaints. However, I think that when you have a problem is when you will find out whether they are professional & attentive or not. The school is secure, clean, organized and the teachers, for the most part, seem well qualified. I look forward to keeping my child at JDG for the rest of elementary years.

Jack D. Gordon Elementary has high expectations of it's faculty and staff, students, parents and community.

I belieive Ms. Alperin was removed because of the problem she had with the Union Teachers not the School System itself. The Union is there on behalf of the Teachers to speak out for them when needed. Unfortunately she did not get the chance to "correct" the situation before it got to that level. As far as the parents, I agree not enough parent involvement in the school. However the parent's lack of involvement should not adhere to the Principal's attitude or her personal vengeance with co-workers.

Last modified Jack David Gordon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.