Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,102

Posted April 03, 2015
JDG I must say is an amazing school along with the staff. The principle, the assistant principle and the teachers do care and put all their effort to make sure the kids all the resources they might need to succeed . I understand public school have changed a lot and is more challenging for the students now then how it was before but this school is a great public school to put your child in. Is always good to ask for a tour of the school if they offer one so you can have an idea on how the school is and what they offer.

Posted December 19, 2013
My children are in Kindergarten this year. I really love this school . The teacher Ms. Rifkin is an excellent teacher and the overall organization of this school is amazing. My kids are an out of area transfer and I always knew this was the school I wanted them to go to and I'm very happy with my choice.

Posted February 26, 2012
The new principal Mr Lopez is excellent. The teachers have excellent communication and really care about my kids. I still have one in 4th grade, but my eldest who graduated 2 years ago was very well prepared for the challenge of the Middle School gifted magnet program he is in now.

Posted April 27, 2011
My grandchildren attend this school pre-K and 1st grade. I must say that the teachers are wonderful, especially Ms. Glassmer, Kinder and Ms. Cruz, 1st grade They take pride in their children achieving to their full capacity. In general the environment is friendly and welcoming and everyone from the person in charge of the office to the lady that prepares the food all make the children want to be in school and to learn!

Jack David Gordon Elementary School 4

Posted February 15, 2011
I've had my child at JDG for 2 years now & haven't had any complaints. However, I think that when you have a problem is when you will find out whether they are professional & attentive or not. The school is secure, clean, organized and the teachers, for the most part, seem well qualified. I look forward to keeping my child at JDG for the rest of elementary years.

Posted November 03, 2010
Jack D. Gordon Elementary has high expectations of it's faculty and staff, students, parents and community.

Jack David Gordon Elementary School 3

Posted September 14, 2010
I belieive Ms. Alperin was removed because of the problem she had with the Union Teachers not the School System itself. The Union is there on behalf of the Teachers to speak out for them when needed. Unfortunately she did not get the chance to "correct" the situation before it got to that level. As far as the parents, I agree not enough parent involvement in the school. However the parent's lack of involvement should not adhere to the Principal's attitude or her personal vengeance with co-workers.

Posted August 12, 2010
I think this is an excellent school my daughter has gotten outstanding results I do feel there should be more activities for after school programs, about the ex- Principal, if people feel discriminated because the Principal enforces the rules that everyone must follow then I disagree on letting her go, but I do not agree on anyone screaming at kids. I'm Hispanic and I expect all parents and students to follow the rules we cannot change what has gotten great results this is an A+ school.

Jack David Gordon Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2010
Our principal was an excellent principal and an even greater human being. She bent over backwards for her school and the children. She's gone because she was a victim of bureaucracy and a school system that is too big and ineffective. Unfortunate.

Posted August 08, 2010
I am sorry that Ms. Alperin left. I was there for years, and saw no discrimination towards any particular population. What she didn't like was the fact that a lot of people felt entitled and thought they could get away with rule-breaking. I was a member of the PTA and am part-hispanic and NEVER felt any discrimination at ALL. She was very polite and always listened well. OUR PTA was ALL hispanic, but we were a respectful bunch and didn't think the rules should BEND our way. THAT was the major problem. Very unprofessional parents who thought they should be free of all rules, and children who didn't know their limits and boundaries.

Jack David Gordon Elementary School
14600 Country Walk Drive, Miami, FL  33186
Last modified Jack David Gordon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack David Gordon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top