856 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted April 26, 2016
My son and my 2 daughters are in this school. Most of the teachers are great and beautiful human persons. Of course you may not be happy with everything but if you ask for help to the principal or the assistant principal they are more than willing to do what ever they can to help you. I understand is a high standard learning program and sometimes is really hard but it is totally worth it. I would strongly recommend it.

Calusa Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
Continued from above. Are they just rushing through some ambitious curriculum and blaming 'attention deficits' on the kids that aren't up to pace? Because I'm a 32 year old scientist who is having trouble keeping up with his work so I can't even imagine the pressure on my son. Above all I just want my son to like his teacher and enjoy going to school. Is that so much to ask and expect? Apparently so.

Posted September 19, 2013
Great school.Both of my grandsons totally enjoyed it . A Childs school years should be full of wonderful memories and they have many great ones from Calusa.BUT there is always that "one person" who probably should not be a teacher....like the one named Yanya who went out of her way to make my grandson feel bad, inadequate. Why would an educated person act in such an uneducated way? Why would you intentionally hurt the feelings of a child and leave that imprinted in his mind forever? He left your school last year for middle school....he's doing very well and had since encountered nurturing teachers umpire Ms. Yanya.....maybe she needs A revaluation?????

Posted September 17, 2013
My School Is so amazing. The teachers take their time to make sure students understand everything! My school literally cant improve. We have a great Gifted program with one of the most talented teachers ive ever met. Caulas is a great school that all children should attend!

Calusa Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2013
I have to say that thus far I am yet to be impressed with Calusa. With such a wonderful reputation I was hoping for a great experience but to date it has been anything but. It is significantly over enrolled and limited on space. The students are packed into classes of 30-35 kids but they get around the class sized amendment by implementing co teaching. It seems overall very disorganized and their website provides no information and is updated every 4-5 months. There are few/no extracurricular activities and there are few learning field trips if any. Extremely traditional and no outside of the box thinking. My daughter just started second grade and I am hoping that this will be our last year here.

Posted August 12, 2013
Calusa Elementary is the very best!! One of my sons just completed 5th grade, and the other has 2 more yrs. in this school. I have to say Ms. Barreiro and Ms. Vargas are the best teachers. Ms. Fuentes is an amazing principal. I love the office staff. Everyone is very caring and involved with the students. I could only wish this was a K-8 center!! Excellent school!

Posted May 19, 2013
From front office administrative, to cafeteria and in between you could never find a better elementary school. We moved to south Florida from central Florida while in school over there they had A's&B's here they started struggling D's&F's I panic after Christmas tutoring. they pullout and finish even the Fcat was a breeze! I still disagree with all the days off they have every ridiculous holiday! I feel for single moms who work and have no family and more than one child days off are very difficult.

Calusa Elementary School 4

Posted December 18, 2012
School has a strong academic program. Teachers really care about their students. Each year has been better than the precvious one.

Calusa Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2012
The school is great and we have had a good experience so far. We love the fact that headmaster excells in discipline and that it is organized.You will find that the parents complaining are the ones with the badly mannered rugrats who think that their little Johnny is above the law. Nice teachers , great setting and the assistant principal is a gem. Car lane can get a bit frustrating , but so what , everything else makes up for it.

Calusa Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2012
Lots have changed in Calusa Elementary. My third grader has had a horrible year because of his teacher and her sidekick. She has the nerve to recommend a ADHA or ADD evaluation to any parent of any student that she can't teach. My son has been seen by various doctors and No Sign of any ADHA nor ADD has been found. Her lack of patience with certain students should concern parents. My son has been taught nothing and has failed the FCAT and entire school year because of her and her sidekick. Its not what you teach is how you teach. And also in this case its not what you know its who you know that makes a diffrence. Parents be aware.

Calusa Elementary School
9580 West Calusa Club Drive, Miami, FL  33186
Last modified Calusa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.