1,023 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 05, 2015
All the teachers here at hammocks have made such an amazing impact on my life it was so hard to leave them and move on to highschool

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 05, 2015
When you get home work it's never a lot and it's never nothing it's a reasonable amount and I find it helped me a lot intact I still have some of those papers that I refer back to now

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 05, 2015
The teachers care and are all amazing the science and math department have always been there for me through my ups and downs and the electives the teachers take such pride in their pupils I am amazed and honored to say I was a hurricane dancer and a proud student

Hammocks Middle School 5

Posted August 05, 2015
So I just recently graduated hammocks middle school I have been there all 3 years of middle school and let me tell you despite what people say about the school the school is amazing however the students that do cause problems and lower the school image is merely because of the lack of care from their parents and they should not be bringing down the schools image this school was amazing I have learned so much not to mention the dance and art programs are amazing they really bring out the best of the students capabilities not to mention forms a strong bond between teacher and student I was lucky enough to get many wonderful teachers (all of them) and I took part in activities and I was on student council all three years and in dance and I helped found their amazing garden club and though the schools pre law magnet is what is being shown off the science department is amazing no matter which science teacher you get you are bound to miss them at the end of the year because they are all amazing and the science and math department have really showed me I can do more than what people think I can do and that you are only as good as you push yourself to be and that you can always push harder but also I have grown attached to many of the teachers here at hammocks middle school and the memories we made together we're amazing from me taping my teachers stuff to passing the science FCAT with a 5 to the eight grade field trip so despite what some people say the school is truly amazing I did have loads of fun there but I also stayed on track and learned a lot many of the teachers know me if you ask any random set of teachers at least one of them is bound to know me and the teachers there are truly the best I couldn't have gone to a better school I was devastated on my last day I cried all day I ate lunch with my friends which was the teachers I ate in the room with them and was so sad to go there lies so many great memories which I will cherish forever the teachers are truly special and the many who I hold a bond with will always have a special place in my heart especially the teachers on the third floor and the amazing teacher in 602 and the second floor of the 800wing those teachers who are reading this you know who I am by the name I will leave at the bottom and with this I say thank you you have made my middle school years truly fantastic and I miss you all.-Alaysia

Hammocks Middle School 1

Posted March 22, 2015
Ok, so let me start off by saying that I was totally against my child coming here to begin with. But we were convinced by some teacher friends of ours to try it out because the school had basically done an "administration sweep" and they were a completely different school. WRONG! Our son has been bullied constantly! We contacted administration and it was handled poorly! One of my sons teachers told him and his classmates that they deserve to be "spanked". Again it was my childs word over the teachers to they did NOTHING about it! The sports program is horrible. I have visibly seen coaches cheat!!!!! Its all based on hos good side are you on nit off of talent! Im am DYING for my son to be accepted into another schools magnet program! this is the worst school EVER! I never should have gone against my better judgement!

Hammocks Middle School 5

Posted June 26, 2014
I am on my third child and going on my 9th year as a parent at Hammocks Middle School. I found the new principal who came two years ago a breath of fresh air. Ms. Leal genuinely loves working with students and it shows in everything she does. The whole school is very welcoming and there is always something interesting going on. Our youngest is in the pre-law program and he loves the field trips and guest speakers they have every month. I would highly recommend this school to any family looking for a great place for their children.

Hammocks Middle School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
This school was great when Mr.Cabrera used to be the principal, The new principal is a disaster, she does not leave the office, and she seem that has no intention to improve the pre laws program, we need a person with positive energy and enthusiasm to manage a middle school located in a good neighborhood.

Hammocks Middle School 3

Posted September 05, 2013
While I place little stock in this year's grade ratings for schools due to issues with the grading scheme, I agree with one of the recent posters that this school's quality has clearly dropped in the last year. This year a large number of excellent teachers have left, including Ms. Velazquez, who in my opinion was in recent years the single greatest contributor to the strength of the pre-law magnet program. My research and conversations with a number of remaining teachers and students leads me to believe that the principal transferred here from Southwood Middle is a big part of the cause. I see the mass exodus of several excellent teachers, the issues with iPrep math this year, recent decisions regarding dress rehearsals for the traditional dance shows, and the overall drop in quality of the pre-law magnet program, and I fear that our new principal has wasted no time in applying the same kind of leadership that got her and the school district in hot water starting in 2008. Despite the fact many fine teachers have remained, and Dr. Sanchez is a fine addition to our school, I can't help but feel a little bait-and-switched into bringing my kids to this school.

Hammocks Middle School 4

Posted September 04, 2013
Hey everyone, I think Hammocks Middle School is great. Although they need to work on the pre-law magnet. Mr. Cabrera was the pricipal there and he is the one who kept it ship shape. Now its a "C" school and i don't know whats happened. I will give it to Ms. Ryan,Ms.Eubanks, Ms.Botana,Mr. K. Cabrera for being great teachers who have been inspiring and wonderful. I woul like to Mention Ms. Suarez and Ms. Velasquez for their hard work and absolute greatness and i am sad to say that they have left. 13 teachers have left, field trips have been limited and terminated, diliquents are still on school grounds, and the administration needs to fix all of this. - Student

Hammocks Middle School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
This school has got worse over the last year. Some of their best teachers fled the school, I don't blame them. The students' schedule during the first month of school is all messed. Some students don't get into P.E. even though it's mandatory by Florida State law. This school has some serious issues to work out before they can become an "A" school again.

9889 Hammocks Boulevard, Miami, FL  33196
Last modified Hammocks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hammocks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top