Joe Hall Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 585 students

Posted February 2, 2009

Iam very happy with this school.My daugther is in second grade in Mrs.H.Roman class.Wao what an excellent teacher very nice,organize,very commited to see her students do well.Mrs.Garcia is very good too.My daugther is very happy she even wants to be a teacher like Mrs.Roman. Is great when a teacher touch a childs life and makes them want to be all they can be..I know Joe hall has a lot of good teachers but Mrs.H.Roman is one of a kind.. The new principal is very good brought along with her great changes.Iam happy my daugther is in this school and Ican't wait for my sons turn to go.

Posted September 10, 2008

I have a daughter thats in the 2 grade..i'm so happy with the school and the teachers are just great she had ms. rego for kinder and her mother mrs.rego and now has ms. hoover and my daughter has come a long way.All three teachers have worked very hard to help my daughter excel. They keep an excellent communication with me and they let me know always if my daughters needs extra help and they have always been on top of her and they have made sure that she does not fall back. I'm truly happy and thankful for such an excellent school and no wonder they are an A school!

Posted March 26, 2008

I love love love this school I am so happy with the teachers that my kids have Ms. Reeser in K is so sweet and kind and very understanding I can't imagine making a first impression of school better than she can and Ms. Paez is awesome pays so much attention to the needs and advancement of her students I love her way of explaining situations and how maybe a bad grade once in a while can just be an off day for the student as long as their average grading is good. I cannot imagine my kids in any other school...the only thin g that bothers me is that the PTA is almost non exsistant seems to be hear of but never seen. Wish I had join back when they started the year I probably could have done alot.

Posted February 6, 2008

This school is wonderful. I have had nothing but great experiences with the staff and the administration. Mrs. Baz-Gonzalez is an outstanding 5th grade teacher. Also, Ms. Rivero is a wonderful 3rd grade teacher.

Posted November 30, 2007

I love this school, went hear in 5th grade(note: im in 8th grade now) love the teachers, especially miss williamson very good teacher
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 4, 2007

I love Joe Hall Elementary. Mrs. Stern is wonderful and believe she has everything a teacher should have and is a very sweet lady, Mrs. Rivero is excellent too. Mrs. Georgelakis I heard is a great teacher and my daughter has no complains and think she is funny. Over all I love Joe Hall, the principal and assistant principal are lovely people. The personal in afterschool care are really nice and caring. I have to say this because I love music. they have the best music teacher, very dedicated and talented. The play last year was great (AIDA).

Posted October 4, 2007

I am a mother of two, both of which have attended Joe Hall for the last two years. I am anything but impressed with the school and the administration. While most of the staff I've met is pleasant, it takes a lot more than that to be an A school. The children are not given the accessibility to excel and progress. Also, the school puts too many time constraints in order to get any issues resolved.

Posted October 3, 2007

I am thankful my children attend Joe Hall Elementary, it is truly an 'A+' school.

Posted May 15, 2007

I am a mother of two children who one attends Joe Hall and the other one attended two years ago. This school has been a great school because of the teachers that are educated and interested in teaching our children however, there are some teachers that are there to receive a pay check and it is obvious. I have also noticed that the administration gives no importance to the ESE classes, teachers and paraprofessionals. Because my child attends Joe Hall I am well aware of what happens in this school and I can not belive the principal lets this happen to such a great school. The administration needs to open their eyes!!

Posted October 25, 2006

I love this school. I was really impressed with Ms. Nadler in K. For the past several years my daughter has had excellent teachers which have shown their love for teaching and the kids. I am also impressed with the principal and vice-principal which I always see talking to the kids and showing interest in them. I do wish the school would have more extracurricular activities and a couple of more field trips wouldn't hurt either.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 19, 2005

My son attended k-5 and my daughter k-3. I love this school. From the teachers all the way down to the maintenance staff--great. They all form the kind of 'community' it takes to work. The teachers care, the office is very helpful, the after school program is wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about them.

Posted March 3, 2005

The aademic programs are very good they include chrous, chess and more. The students there are mostly hispanic and very well educated. The sports are alot of fun for the children. The level of parent involvement is very high. The PTA is filled with very nice parents interested in their child's futures. Teachers are always open to have volunteers help them in their classes. The school sometimes has parent supervised parties in which they eat, dance, and talk for up to an hour only on special days such as valentine's day. They are completly free. The gifted program is very good and consists of two teacherss. They learn about Shakespeare and World War 2. I highly recomend this school as a child's first school. They evn get to go to disney in 5th grade!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 11, 2004

I love the office staff, principal and assistant principal, however the PTA is non-existant, there are no extracurricular activities and there are not enough field trips during the year. I do not know if it is the school district or the school, but it was almost impossible to work with the children in my daughter's classroom. In my rating of teacher quality, I am comparing to a private school my daughter went to, as I have no other benchmark to use.

Posted April 20, 2004

I think its great. For kinder my children love Ms. Reser. First grade Ms. Reynolds, Second grade Ms. Stern.

Posted August 23, 2003

I am an extremely involved parent for this school. I am very happy with the teachers and principal. It's the administration and PTA that need improvement ASAP.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

99 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

99 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

104 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

104 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

105 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

96 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

106 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. CATHAY S ABREU
Fax number
  • (305) 220-9758

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now