574 students|Dade

Bad
Good

My son has been at JHE for 3 years and it gets worse every year. I have had horrible experiences with the teachers and the staff. Pre-k was great with Mrs. Quintero although she was always tired and barely had help. Kinder was a good too with Ms Loguzzo although my son fell & got hurt pretty bad twice and the school failed to notify me. I found out in afterschool care when i picked him up hours after the incident. 1st grade was rough, my son absolutely hated going all year. 2nd grade just started and I've already had problems. After school care was a mess... not organized and homework was being done by non-english speaking people. After school care has gotten better under Marthas care but it still needs some work. I am considering changing my son to another school. JHE doesn't have any activities and kids are barely rewarded for their hard work (no ceremonies or certificates). Parents have complained but there haven't been any changes. The principles response is for us to join pta and change it ourselves

Parents are not welcome! Comitted to break up teacher/parent communication, the principal has locked down school and no parent can go inside. Events, class activities, and parent participation are not being encouraged. Parents are frustrated because their complaints are ignored, eventhough the principal is well aware of issues, has done nothing to address them and everything to provoke them. Terrible management!

I love this school and my kids love this school. My daughter graduated from Joe Hall and my son is in the 4th grade. My daughter still loves to visit the school and visit her incredible teachers. I would highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a new school for their children.

The school has down hill in the last year. The parents have been locked out and no longer able to be as involved as they use to be. There are no longer activities the kids enjoy to break up all the learning. THe administration is seriously lacking on many things. Its time for a change in administration.

It is a wonderful school. My daughter began on Kindergarten last year. She didn't know English. Today, her English is perfect and her grades are very good. Teachers are excellent.

My children feels very good in this school. Excellent staff and very good teachers. For me is an excellent school.

I love Joe Hall! Both of my daughters have attended this school since Kindergarten and they have both received a stellar education at this public school. I sometimes have to stop and remember that I am not PAYING a high end private school for what we are getting. The teachers and principal and all the volunteers at the school are all competent and care. Joe hall is a fantastic, caring, loving school. You would not be disappointed if your child attends Joe Hall, especially if the principal is Mrs. Abreu. Continue to do the work your team and staff is providing.

I have nothing but great things to say about the school and its teachers. My daughter started in PRE- K with Ms. Quintero and Ms. Gigi - they treated my little 4 yr old like their own. I love them they set a HIGH standard as to what her Kinder teacher should be like. This year I made sure that my daughter had one of the best K teachers and she has - Ms. Loguzzo is very sweet, understanding and if there is ever something wrong she makes me aware - love her! Now there is a BLONDE ART teacher who IS NOT my daughters teacher but who "greets" all the kids in the morning on the side of the school - She is the RUDEST PERSON alive. If your children have her BEWARE !!

I am so happy with this school. The organization, the respect and care that the staff shows for the students and parents. The teachers want their students learn as much as they can and help them to be responsible with their work. Mrs Georgoulakis is one of the best, my respect for her. Education and instruction depends from a team work (family and school) if one do not support the other is impossible to obtain the goal. I have change my kids from different schools because I hadn't found the excellence. Thank you

Ms Perez is the best teacher ever . The way she cares for the kids , the way she teach make her TEACHER NUMBER #1 Joseph Mendez & Elias Menmdez

Last modified Joe Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.