Posted May 23, 2014
My son is finishing up 5th grade and had an excellent teacher, but the office staff on the other hand are just rude. When calling the school to report absenteeism or to ask a question, the tone of the female that answers the phone makes it feel like it s a big inconvenience that you are calling. Remember, Its all in the tone of the voice that can rub someone the wrong way and make a very bad impression. I have also found that when I have gone into the office to ask a question regarding something, I get an I don t know, only such and such knows . If you are constantly answering I don t know , then I am sorry, you shouldn t be at your job. I sense that these ladies have worked at JSR for quite awhile, and they should know everything. Our kids spend more time in school then with family and I really hope this is not how they are spoken to while they are at school? Ultimately, The first impression is created the second someone steps inside or calls on the phone. Adjust the attitude.....

Posted April 28, 2014
The Teacher of my daughter is excellent, But the staff of the school horrible the office people Disorganized, when you pick up a child you can Be there like 20 min with out help, and she very rude You can complain but the don't do anything. That so bad I can't wait for next year.

Posted April 17, 2014
I'm so happy with the teacher, but the drop off and pick up situation is HORRIBLE! They do not allow you to park anywhere! They're large parking lot is off limits unless you have a handicap parking permit.

Posted February 19, 2014
I would give this school zero stars if possible. It USED to be a decent school about 20 years ago. My son went to this school for one year (2012-2013) and it was HORRIBLE. I wanted to get him out after 3 months of him attending JSR. Unfortunately, it was not so easy to do so we had to bear an entire academic year here. The only thing nice to say about this school is that Ms. Johnson (the security guard) is nice. The principle is never around, the specialists need to update their training, the office staff is rude, the teachers are horrible and unprofessional, the AP is rude. The teachers don't communicate and are not committed to the students. They also have an old way of teaching that is tailored to robots not children- the teachers do not know that there are different and effective ways of teaching and that every child learns differently. There is no feeling of belonging or community at JSR. I regret having my son attend JSR. He is now at an excellent school and thriving. I am glad I was able to see what a bad school like JSR looks/feels like because now I truly appreciate his current school. In all honesty, from one parent to another- DO NOT ENROLL YOU CHILD AT JSR.

Posted February 18, 2014
My daughter has had one ok teacher and one great teacher. My oldest kids went to this school about 10 years ago and the teachers were also bad. The drop off and pick up situation is HORRIBLE! They do not allow you to park anywhere! They're large parking lot is off limits unless you have a handicap parking permit. They have 6 parent parking spots in the front and the other 6 are reserved for staff. Thats 6 spots for schools parents!!! The security guard & P.E teacher are rude to parents as they drop off their kids. All lot of parents have complained to the school & school board and nothing gets done.The principle tells you to wait till the security guard is gone from the large parking lot to park in there! So who sets the rules in this school? I witnessed a male custodian yelling at a boy that was holding a side door for his mother that had ran to her car!The principle is not involved. All she does is walk around in her promiscuous outfits. Even 1st and 2nd grade teachers dress like this! Aren't teachers supposed to dress in a conservative manner?The office staff sees you standing there and ignore you. I thought I would be able to handle this school for another year. I was wrong!

Posted November 18, 2013
Not happy with the school. Very disorganized. I can't wait for the school year to finish to change my son to another school. my advise look for another school around the area.

Jane S. Roberts K-8 Center 5

Posted November 10, 2013
This is literally the best school in the entire world. Every one is so nice ! The teacher interacte with the student . I am a student from JSR and unfortunately I have to leave the school . I love this school so much it's not even funny

Jane S. Roberts K-8 Center 5

Posted October 24, 2013
Jane S. Roberts is a great school. My twin boys love their teachers and learn so much everyday. They are in Middle schhol, eighth grade, and will be graduating to high school next year. They are honor students, very polite and extremely smart. Thanks to everyone at Jane S Roberts, including Ms Alvarez and the Vice Principal, my twin boys are prepared for their future. I am so glad they went to this school rather than private. I rate this school as being over and beyond excellent.

Posted October 10, 2013
Teachers do not communicate. They also take a very long time posting grades. In addition, the teachers do not categorize their grade book. Therefore, their classwork and test weigh the same. Principals have access to monitor teacher's grade book, however, it is evident The principal in this school doesn't. The teachers even talk bad about the principal and comment how poorly involved she is.. I can see why many people are looking for other options such as charter schools. In a charter school the teachers are observed constantly by their principal. While in this school my daughter tells me the principal only walks in their classroom once a year, if their lucky. (To be continued)

Posted October 09, 2013
Continued This school has gone down hill and I believe they will continue to do so. Unless the principal can get more control of their teachers. It is evident in this school that it is hard to fire a teacher for their low performance. However, in other schools like private and charter have their teachers are on a yearly contract. That's why their scores are better. Here the teachers are protected by the union just waiting for their retirement. If you can put your child in another school I will suggest it. The majority of the teachers have been there since the school opened 20+ years ago and are tired with no new ideas or authentic assignments. The coach screams and just assigns crossword puzzles for a grade and last year their field day consisted of the PE coach hosing them down with a hose. Plus other schools do nice events were parents can be involved such as Mother's Day, Spanish heritage, end of the year parties etc.,. and even a parent orientation at the beginning of the year. However, if you put your child here you won't experience any of those events. The teachers in this school would not put any extra effort and I blame the principal for not holding them accountable.

Jane S. Roberts K-8 Center
14850 Cottonwood Circle, Miami, FL  33185
Last modified Jane S. Roberts K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jane S. Roberts K-8 Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top