Posted March 23, 2014
It's a very good school but I will give it only 3 stars due to the new program called "I-prep math". The teachers in that program are very rude and do not listen to the students when they ask for help saying "You didn't even try to learn the lesson." I understand that in the program the children learn independently but the teachers for that program are horrible. I have a A and B Child in advanced classes and in that class my child has a D along with all the other students. I have had many meetings with the teachers in the program but they don't even attempt to fix the problems in anyway. Many children have tried leaving the program but the principal has not allowed them due to the only normal Algebra 1 class is full.

Posted August 18, 2012
I have had three children in that school who have just graduated and are moving on to high school. I am very impressed in the staffing both administrative and teachers. I have seen very close connections with the teachers and the students which I believe to be very crucial in their teenage years.

Posted January 25, 2012
It is an awesome "A" school ! The security and discipline are great and the classes are really challenging. I do recommend any kid to go there. So bad the school is still haunted by a sad episode that happened years ago. I truly hope and wish that stigma can vanish soon since the school is really good.

Posted January 13, 2012
I agree at some point with all review the good ones and the bad ones honestly most of the teachers are great but some of them like Mr Kennedy.Mrs Mckoy, Mrs Wilcox this teacher really oh my Gosh they are horrible with their studeny the humiliate they mistreat disrespect and you make complaints and no results happen I just wonder why the system keeps them.

Ruben Dario Middle School 1

Posted June 20, 2011
My son was going to this school and honestly, its very bad principal is not good, everytime you try to speak to her she ignores you or they tell you that she is busy, so they tell you to speak to the ass. princ. which is like speaking to the wall,I understand that school need to be strick but this school is way of the limits.. teachers curse, and they put students selfestime down. they think that teacher can disrespect student but student need to stay quit- NO if you want respect you first need to respect earn it. my son had two of his teacher that always called him name and offended him. in and out of school grounds. i even went to the district and they didnt do anything. this school is becoming worst and worst everyday.. i really dislike the teachers and the principal, they should make some changes... NOW AND NOT WAIT TILL SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS------- I WOULDNT RATE THE SCHOOL BUT HERE THEY ARE ASKING FOR IT SO WHATEVER

Posted January 13, 2011
I went to Ruben Dario and i didn't like it because the principal was way to strict. Some of the teachers were kind of mean while others were nice. They say we behave bad and stuff but we don't. It was only because the school expected too much from us and it annoyed us. Tucking our shirts in and wearing a belt was like too much.

Posted October 20, 2010
My daughter loves the school and I think it has some excellent teachers!

Posted May 02, 2010
i am a student at Ruben Dario middle i really hate it the school is too strict the principal does not like any of us and believes we are criminal delinquents and she even took away school spirit week so before you say why kids are misbehaving those are a couple of the reasons

Posted March 24, 2010
They implemented this year a rule of only wearing certain colors with the uniform. I think that is great and very uniform-like but with the economy how it is there are a lot of parents that are not able to afford to buy new jackets for their kids. The weather is cold the economy is bad. Even private schools are cutting some slack on the kids. I think there are a lot of more issues to take care of in the school more important that school colors.

Posted March 10, 2010
I'm a parent of a 6th grader. I feel it's an excellent school.

Ruben Dario Middle School
350 Northwest 97th Avenue, Miami, FL  33172
Last modified Ruben Dario Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruben Dario Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top