987 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

School discriminates against students that are not bilingual. Some teachers use their power to bully their students. My child's PE coach would make his students run excessively regardless of any health conditions. Most teachers do not respect parents concerns. New principal could not care less about the school. School needs to improve immediately.

As a parent, one can understand the numerous of positive reviews for MSD. The previous principal was involved and dedicated to this school. However, once he transferred to another school and was replaced with the current principal, this school went downhill. My son along with other fifth graders were tormented by the Assistant Principal's nephew and the school did nothing. When my son defended himself, he alone endure consequences. My husband and I escalated our concerns through the proper channels; no one cared. The 5th grade teachers were not sympathetic. His Math/Social Studies teacher was not professional or stable. She was more concerned in updating her resume than providing supervision. She enjoyed including test items that she "did not have enough time" to review with her class therefore making her grading system unfair. She had a tendency of making countless empty promises to her students. The Language Arts teacher befriended several students only to retaliate against them when they needed her the most, my son included. Like the other fifth grade teachers, she was only concerned in protecting her job and defending her school even though they were negligent. The Spanish/Science teacher is a negligent, unprofessional, and cruel teacher who should have her teaching license revoked. She enjoys using her power to torment, instigate, and make her students feel inferior. My son struggles with Spanish and instead of helping him, she would ridicule him. I understand that unions protect teachers. However, unions allow bad teachers to intimidate, ridicule, and bully their students. My son experienced retaliation instead of compassion or concern. We are grateful that we never have to return to this horrible school ever again!

My children attend this school and I have been very happy with the quality of the school, and the leadership of the teachers (particularly Ms. Guadagno). Her involvement was substantial in my son's success last year. Her dedicated went above and beyond, and because of that he is very confident, successful and now loves going to school. I am particularly thrilled with the tremendous cultural and ethnic diversity of the school. My children truly have the opportunity to mix with and learn from children of all nationalities, colors, religions, and cultures. Thank you again.

I love this school my daugher is in 2nd grade this is her first year she came for a charter school and I prefer this public school 100% she loves that her teacher teaches in both languages spanish and english and I love that too :)

This is an amazing bilingual school with hard-working teachers and staff. The students are taught higher order thinking skills and challenged daily with their classwork and home learning assignments. The students graduating from this school have been said to be the most prepared when entering middle schools in the feeder pattern. The school has excellent programs for the students as well as for the parents.

This is my daughter's 3rd year at the school. She's had amazing, wonderful teachers. I am a very involved mom. I go to field trips, field day, etc., but I feel that public school doesn't do much activities to get parents involved. Comparing to other friends and their schools, I think more should be done about this.

For any parent of an ESE/EBD student: If you are unhappy at your childs current school I would recommend their ESE/EBD program to everyone the teacher and aide for K-3 are by far the most professional and loving teachers a child can have. I am very pleased with their hard work and effort to help your child excel. I have no words to ever thank them enough for their hard work with my child!

This a fabulous school. The entire staff makes you feel welcomed and the adminstration is always available to assist with any and all concerns. You truly feel at home there.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas is a great school, the staff in the office is very nice and helpful, and the assistant principal is always available. I'm very sad to say that my daugther doesn' have this year a great teacher like last year.

this is the very best best school all the teachers are nice and most are bilingual there teaching is VERY good.

Last modified Marjory Stoneman Douglas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.