802 students|Dade

Bad
Good

My son admission to PK with Mrs D with the program speech was excellent, the teacher leading a whole, the program miami dade IEP is great, its policies are excellent and you can talk to them, the main living very aware of the details, there are a lot of security, children belonging to the bus system have no problems, there are many organization in the school, all communicate with time and the Parents Association PTA is super active, I as a mother I look at every detail and I recommend this school for their children is excellent, I play move and after having known excellence is difficult ..

My son is currently attending Dr. Gilbert and so happy that he ended here, He is coming from a Christian school in Jamaica and it was difficult at first, but thanks to the great teachers that helped him to so much. He is more confident. It is refreshing to see a principal who gets outside during pickup time and not afraid to pick up trash and even shout at motorist speeding. Keep up the good work and God bless you all.

Dr Gilbert Porter elementary is one of the best schools in Miami Dade County my son 2 who is 3 yr old has autism and is apart of their ASD program his teacherrs. MALATS is the world's greatest also MR. Bruce who everytime I see thier faces, I feel comfort in knowing that my son is in good hands There's no other school that I would feel comfortable enough leaving my son with. I think God for Dr Gilbert Porter elementary many blessings to all of the children blessed enough to attend. Even the Security guards, the children love them.

My son started Kindergarten last yr without having been to preschool! Ms. Dawson was amazing! She always kept us parents informed about our child's progress throughout the year. He was reading when he left her class. She worked really hard with all the kids! Couldn't thank her enough!

This school is wonderful! The teachers are excellent and the staff very helpful. My children are doing great academically and socially. I would recommended this school, great choice.

I love dr gilbert porter elem is the best school including the teachers and staff my older kids went to that school and know my little one is going there since kinder I have no complaint im super happy has a mothe we want the best for our kids thank you.

Extremely happy with the school excellent teacher!! Daughters have been there since preK and will DEFINATELY finish at Dr Gilbert Porter!

Well rounded school!! Amazing teachers! The kids By The time they get out of Kindergarten they are reading Also great after school program!

This school has some really awesome teachers ! Both my children have been in Mrs. Showen's class. She is a wonderful teacher. She is very strict, but the children in her class learn and they love her. Mrs. Fajardo is another wonderful teacher. She and Mrs. Showen make a great team.

My child has been attending Dr. Gilbert L. Porter E.S. for 4 years now. I personally feel that the administration has no involvement with the parents or students. The teachers are also lacking the enthusiasm and energy that these students need. Unfortunately, the first year was the best year, and these past three years here at GP continue to get worse.

Last modified Dr. Gilbert L. Porter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.