520 students|Dade

Bad
Good

As a senior, I can very honestly say that DASH is the best school in the world. It has taught me everything I know. I love you DASH.

My daughter has attended this school for two years. The design, art and architecture classes are above reproach. The teachers are definitely devoted to the students. The students are the lucky recipients of the teachers' expertise. However... the academics are another story entirely. The math teacher for the gifted/honors program is absolutely below average. His ineptitude is handicapped my child, and destroyed her fascination for math. We have resorted to virtual school courses in math to better prepare her for college. The administration refuses to address this issue. Send your child here for a phenomenal arts education, but don't expect high SAT scores for math. When we were considering schools, one of the selling points for this school was the administration's claim that the majority of the students get accepted to the college of their choice with a full ride. Last year a good portion of the graduating seniors listed the local community college as their future. Far cry from what was touted. After so many years of early mornings and late nights and days of projects over breaks, the payoff has to be bigger than community college. Hopeful things improve before my child graduates.

This school is great especially because it's a small school, which allows for a "family like" atmosphere and a lof ot solidarity between students. Also most of the students there have chosen to be there so everybody is working hard and passionate about what they do. My daughter is in her second year there and loves it.She gets a lot of help and advice from some seniors. Academics vary in quality though, espcially maths. I wish they would not get all these cuts--but which school does not?--because they have suppressed a lot of clubs, and the students will now have to take some classes online, which is less efficient than person to person in my opinion.

My daughter is a graduate of DASH and in her second year at college. DASH is a magnet school a quarter the size of my son's high school, located in the Design District of Miami, and is devoted to the visual arts education curriculum. While a student my daughter received the quality education and attention each student at any US school deserves. DASH has prepared my daughter for the challenges and level of excellence that college presents to its students They are truly deserving of this reward money to expand their school and programs and welcome new talented arts-majors.

My sister has been going to this school for 3 years, and never has come home saying she had a bad day. She loves every teacher she has ever had, and her principal is amazing. This school is not only one of the most educational schools, it is also a great place to meet new friends. There is no bullying much at all, and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to go there.

its a great school and i learned alot!

My son is finishing his second year at DASH, and he says it is the best thing that has happened to him to be able to attend such a great school. I knew my son was good in art, but his talent has increased since he started going to DASH. I know he will get into a great art college as a result of having attended DASH. My husband and I have attended some school luncheons that they have had at the school, and we are impressed with the quality of students that attend this school, they all enjoy being at school.

Best school ever! I can't say enough about the environment, the teachers, the curriculum, and the preparation for college and the real world. But, everyone has already stated that here. so, what I would like to add is that they are also coached on how to speak with college reps and how to professionally explain and present their portfolios and works of art so that no stone has gone unturned and a thorough process from inception to completion can be understood; and that their passion and knowledge cannot go unseen.

Last modified Design & Architecture Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.