Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,325

Posted October 24, 2013
I am a 3rd grade student at the lower academy, i think this school is a lot of fun and educating .Also i like the school because i have wonderful friends ,and love my teachers.

Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy 1

Posted July 01, 2013
I am a student at Bowman Ashe Doolin/K-8 Academy.This school teaches their students very well and I like the way they teach their students. Although the education here is marvelous I still believe that this school needs to work a lot on controlling their students' behavior. Especially the Upper Academy (6th, 7th, and 8th grade). There is too much profanity in the Upper Academy and some teachers hear it but ignore their unpleasant language. The students treat their friends and fellow classmates in such a disrespectful manner. When the students are asked why are they bullying the other students they simply say their "playing around". I have experienced this and even the lower academy is starting to adapt to this behavior.

Posted January 08, 2013
I right now am a student at bowman foster ashe and it is awesome! Right now I am in 5th grade and the teachers are awesome. The gifted program isgreat. Although im not pleased with the cafeteria. It noisy but youll get used to it eventualy.

Posted March 25, 2012
alright well i used to be in Bowman foster ashe. now i am in 6th grade. i did not go to doolin. but my years in bfa were amazing i had the most amazing teachers in the universe!!!! in fourth grade(the best year) i had Mrs.Bennie and Mrs.Avalos < they were huge blessings with me they helped me with anthing i needed help on. and infifth grade was also amazing i had ms.O'fernandez and ms.Pruna. i think bowman was a great school (:

Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy 2

Posted March 23, 2012
My daughter is on 3rd Grade, she is also in the gifted program, I believe the school was an excellent until first grade, then things started to change, I don't know if they have less teachers or personnel. The issue with the cafeteria is still on, they have no supervision. And the teachers at the gifted program are not doing their best. I hope they will improve I'm seriously considering change her to a different school.

Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy 4

Posted March 01, 2012
This is my son's second year at BFA. Kindergarten at the PLC was a terrific experience, Mrs. Huss was an excellent teacher. The staff at the PLC (pre-K and Kindergarten) is loving, devoted and truly care for the children. At the main school, now he's in first grade, his teacher Ms. Hoilett is one of the most dedicated individuals that I have met. She promotes a well structured fun learning environment and always goes the extra mile to give them her all. There are two things that the school need to improve: the cafeteria supervision and security. During lunch many incidents tend to occur (kids hitting others, rude and unruly behavior) due to insufficient supervision. Security needs to improve. Overall the school is great, if those two thing weren't and issue I would give it a perfect score.

Posted July 16, 2011
I too am a former student and i have a plethora of fond memories. I was blessed to have great teachers who went above and beyond for me; from my 4th grade teacher who remembering my favorite books were "are you afraid of the dark" gifted me a trilogy of the series for my birthday, but also called my parents in when i did something wrong- To my fifth grade teacher ms. Hechevarria who taught us to stand in acknowledgement when an adult walked into the classroom- to mr de-diego who gave me a chance to be part of the choir despite what i now look back on as an incredibly screechy voice. All my teachers were amazing and my experience there was one i still remember even though its been 20 years since i first walked into bfa.

Posted June 09, 2010
My child just finished Kindergarten at the PLC with an awesome teacher, Mrs. Gomez. They don't come any more organized, caring and genuinely passionate about the students. Class sizes are excellent and support staff is great.

Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy 2

Posted April 07, 2010
This is my daughter's 3rd year at BFA and my son's as well. I do agree that BFA has some good teachers but there are some real bad ones too. I tried to get my child changed from a class that he was doing poorly in and they absolutely refused. This child had been on the honor roll for the first 2 years and as soon as the child was placed with this teacher all that has been coming home are C's and D's. They act like they care and do a meeting with you, the teacher, and the administration but nothing changed; to me it was all show. And what extracurricular activities are there. My son did not even have one field trip this year and he is in the second grade.

Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy 0

Posted March 27, 2010
This is my son's first year in this school. He entered in 2nd grade with Ms. Moss. She has a very good caring. She is motivating my son to read more.

Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy
6601 Southwest 152nd Avenue, Miami, FL  33193
Last modified Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowman Ashe/Doolin K-8 Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top