500 students|Dade

Bad
Good

NWSA is one of a kind if you want your child to be passionate about their days at school this is the place. Yes it is a rigorous schedule but they love it. Yes they do get to have longer hours and due to their specific arts they get exposure that prepares them for the future and the teachers are involved with every aspect of their success. My daughter had 4 other choices to at she attend other schools but she decided on NWSA she does not look back and every day is eager to get up and go to NWSA.

I don't believe in pursuing your passion to the level of not living a healthy and balanced life is the right thing to do. In this school staff takes pride in lack of sleep from students to work in finishing art work, its not thinking about the students health! If you have a talent you don't need to produce art like a factory, one good one! Is enough to actually show who you are. Lack of sleep (specifically in teens) will have serious consequences sooner than later and affect everything else you do. My son has lowered grades in the academics in order to try to comply with the factory production. A true artist creates a masterpiece, does not work in volume like they are being ask to do. I am certain there are many great teachers in this school, unfortunately my son is now experiencing a teacher who has a lot to be desired about his interaction with students. Also, I believe there are students who have preference because some parents make large donations to the school. That has nothing to do a talent.

If your goal is to pursue your passion, however, starting your teenage life in an Academic and Artistic environment that encourages and inspires you to work to your full potential in developing your talents and your capabilities, then NWSA is the place to be. It is the place to be in order to become both an exceptional student and person. Teachers like Mrs. J. Gonzalez, Mr. S. Santiago, Mr. R. Remis, Mr. Morency, Dr. M. Miranda, Mr. B. Mounger, Mr. A. Gershfeld, and Dr. R. Lueck, of whom I hear daily, are Faculty of the highest leadership skills and academic standards. Every day I hear my son talking about his classes and the interaction with his teachers; it is clear how these people inspire and motivate my son. They don t seem to be unhappy or of low moral persona; they help my child and many other parent s children to shine. I thank them for their dedication.

New World School of the Arts is a great school where kids can develop their own creativity and be themselves. I highly recommend this school to future highschoolers.

My daughter is a visual artist and she loves her school. So far the experience have been awesome. The teachers are very dedicated and the Visual Art Teachers are the BEST!! Thanks for being a great mentors and help our kids succeed....

As a freshman my child is a instrumentalist coming from a public middle school with a demanding academic program but no music. My child received 8 years of musical training outside of school including private lessons, youth symphony, music camps and small ensemble participation. So far NWSA is providing impressive academics from dedicated teachers, together with the expected artistic exposure. The music is like a bonus. It's been a perfect fit. My child is enthusiastic about attending school, challenged by the academic load, has positive comments of most of the teachers/classes, seems to be handling the issue of time management and is comfortable with the urban school environment & has made new friends. The use of public transportation is free. The school is small for a public high school where we are treated like a member of the family.

My son just started at this school, I can't begin to tell you how much he loves it. His teachers are amazing, he is thrilled to go every morning. As a parent, I love the college environment that he is being exposed to but most of all I love to see my child so excited to got to school every morning. The talent level of these kids are amazing, I would recommend it to anyone who wants their kid to succeed in life.

(In response to the DASH advocator below) THIS YEAR'S NWSA Senior class accumulated over $16 million dollars in scholarships and also had 100% graduation rate... No other school in Miami-Dade County has a more free, expressive, accepting and inspiring atmosphere than NWSA. I am extremely proud to say that I graduated from New World School of the Arts, class of 2012. I am pursuing my dream career all thanks to this magnificent school with it's caring and encouraging teachers and administration.

if you're looking for your child, to go to an art school, you should probably choose Design and Architecture Senior High. It is an incredible experience and has such a much better atmosphere than New World. Last year the senior class accumulated $13.8 million in scholarships and had 100% graduation rate.

The school it is reanked among the best 100 high school of the nation and at the top 3 in Miami Dade. Theree is no need of sport team, the artist don't need it, they use their creativity to fill any gap that standard HS may have. The experience is unique for students and parents as well. The setting is a college enviroment, so they learn how to handled themself and prepare for the big moment after graduation. Go NWSA. We will miss you. (parent and daughter graduated 2011)

Last modified New World School Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.