William H. Lehman Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 688 students

Posted January 7, 2014

This is not true at all! K-2nd graders have recess every day. Students have Physical Education every day starting in the 3rd grade....

Posted January 4, 2014

I am so happy to be back. We asked for hardship to go to a k-8 school nearby because of sitter issues, what a disappointment. I had to come back to my home school. My daughter was not challenged at all. She was in 2nd grade dealing with vocabulary and spelling that she had done the previous years. My fault was that I kept her there for the whole year, I should have taken her out as soon as I saw this. I am very happy at WLE, and my girls have the best of the best now. They are being challenged and inspired all the time. I recommend this school if you want your children to establish a great foundation for future scholastic achievements.

Posted December 18, 2013

The teachers are great but the administrative staff is a complete disappointment. They are rude, would rather blather gossip than attend someone waiting and so unwelcoming. Especially one of the assistant principles, Ms. Tamargo. She is not suited for an elementary. Cold, unwelcoming, and rude. I'm going to Devon-Aire and will hopefully have a better experience.

Posted April 7, 2013

William Lehman is an outstanding school. The principal is constantly involving parents in all school activities. Every year the school presents a Broadway production and turns the cafeteria into a theatrical work of art. The school has been doing this for the last 15 years. IT is also an A school and has stayed that way for the last 6 or 7 years. We commend the staff, the administration and the parents who volunteer for such a fine job!

Posted January 17, 2013

Wonderful administration and teachers!!! They are very involved in school events and there is always a positive energy in the school. Teachers are very helpful and eager to communicate about any concerns you may have with your child. We love WLE!!!!

Posted August 30, 2012

This school is strong academically, but at the expense of other areas that are also very important. There is no recess. Kids need to be able to run and play and re-energize. Mental health and physical health go hand in hand. My 1st grader and 2nd grader are very smart, diligent students and love to learn, but when I put them in school here, their love of learning quickly was smothered. They were very unhappy and did not like going to school at all. Then, when they'd get home from school they'd have at least 2 hours of homework. When do the kids just get to be kids? Maybe they'll do well academically, but they won't love learning like they use to, and they are not my happy kids anymore. For these reasons, I took them out of WLE.

Posted July 31, 2011

Amazing school!! My son has been there since 1st grade and going on 5th now.....Teachers are the best!! nothing compare to the prior schools I had him at....awesome communication, they will go out of their way for their students, they are caring and show interest on the kids learning...It begings from leadership, great principal and vice principal!!.....My daughter is starting Kinder this school year coming and she cant wait...Again, AMAZING school!!! <3

Posted June 28, 2011

We LOVE WLE!! My son can't wait for the new school year already! Thank you to everyone who made my son's first year a success!

Posted May 29, 2011

The school is awesome, the staff is awesome, the teachers.. I don't have words for them! A++++ They all do their duties and far beyond to help the children develop and success in a way I could have never imagined or expected! Besides the great classes, with the highest regional FCAT results, they have Drama Factory which is fabulous for the kids and parents as well, the Chorus, Peace Day and lots and lots of other activities that enriches our kids lives! Parents are more than welcome, or as I read before, treated like family. Thank you very much WLE!

Posted February 1, 2011

My 3 children have all been at WLE since kindergarten through 5th. I absolutely LOVE this school. The kids love it and I love the way the staff treat you like family! Great vibes always. Very positive. Always pushing my kids to do their best! And they have!

Posted October 23, 2009

I was very worried since we were moving from a foreign country and my kids were not familiar with US schools. They used to go to a private British school and I had my concerns regarding public education. I have to say William Lehman Elementary was the best that happened to our kids since we moved. The principal is great, the teachers A+++, they really make kids love to go to school, study and learn, are very involved, caring and communicative. Thank you all for making things much easier for us!!!

Posted June 29, 2007

I was very worried about sending my son to a public school, being privately schooled my whole life. I was pleasantly surprised. He loves his teachers & they are very involved & communicate to us, his parents, very clearly the areas he needs help in. He has advanced very nicely & is doing well in all subjects. The principal commands respect & my son is in awe every time he sees her or gets to be in her presence. I think that's good as he not only 'fears' (the consequences if he's naughty), but truly looks up to her & wants to please her. Way to go William Lehman!

Posted September 19, 2006

My daughter just started this school as a transfer from another state. I have to say, this school is much more aware of student activity, and I believe more intouch with the sudents on a learning or personal level. The teachers are also very good at communication~positive or negative. I am comfortable speaking with my daughters teacher no matter what the subject. Thank you William Lehman for making your new student (and parent) very comfortable.

Posted May 8, 2006

THis is a great school. Parent participation is very visible, and the staff is great.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted October 5, 2005

This is an excellent school, all around! The teachers are extremely knowledgeable and dedicated and the administration does an excellent job of informing parents and staff of all happenings in the school! I highly recomment this school!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 11, 2005

I absolutely love this school. It is one of a few elementary schools to offer art & music in kindergarten and first grade (not a dade county requirement). The teachers are great & there are wonderful parents activities as well.

Posted May 31, 2005

I did some voluntary work at this school. The principal is very involved with the students' discipline. The teachers that I was able to meet showed commitment to their students. I was specially impressed with the ESOL teachers who strived to keep the new students with no knowledge of the English language motivated in learning and not giving up. I would highly recommend this school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 31, 2005

Both my children have attended wle. My daughter has gone on to ams gobal gifted program and my son is in 2nd grade and he is in excelant programs for reading problems he is having. The teachers and everyone is doing thier very best to see that my son does well and gets the help he may need in order to pass all the sat and fcat for next year. He is part of the program the schools are doing now called 'no child gets left behind' he gets pulled out for reading tutoring during his classes silent reading and he has improved his scores. I am very happy with the way i have recieved help with my sons problems.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

103 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

103 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

109 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

112 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

98 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• This school did not receive a grade in 2011-2012.
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

10990 Southwest 113th Place