Miami, FL

Posted January 07, 2014
This is not true at all! K-2nd graders have recess every day. Students have Physical Education every day starting in the 3rd grade....

Posted January 04, 2014
I am so happy to be back. We asked for hardship to go to a k-8 school nearby because of sitter issues, what a disappointment. I had to come back to my home school. My daughter was not challenged at all. She was in 2nd grade dealing with vocabulary and spelling that she had done the previous years. My fault was that I kept her there for the whole year, I should have taken her out as soon as I saw this. I am very happy at WLE, and my girls have the best of the best now. They are being challenged and inspired all the time. I recommend this school if you want your children to establish a great foundation for future scholastic achievements.

William H. Lehman Elementary School 2

Posted December 18, 2013
The teachers are great but the administrative staff is a complete disappointment. They are rude, would rather blather gossip than attend someone waiting and so unwelcoming. Especially one of the assistant principles, Ms. Tamargo. She is not suited for an elementary. Cold, unwelcoming, and rude. I'm going to Devon-Aire and will hopefully have a better experience.

Posted April 07, 2013
William Lehman is an outstanding school. The principal is constantly involving parents in all school activities. Every year the school presents a Broadway production and turns the cafeteria into a theatrical work of art. The school has been doing this for the last 15 years. IT is also an A school and has stayed that way for the last 6 or 7 years. We commend the staff, the administration and the parents who volunteer for such a fine job!

Posted January 17, 2013
Wonderful administration and teachers!!! They are very involved in school events and there is always a positive energy in the school. Teachers are very helpful and eager to communicate about any concerns you may have with your child. We love WLE!!!!

William H. Lehman Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2012
This school is strong academically, but at the expense of other areas that are also very important. There is no recess. Kids need to be able to run and play and re-energize. Mental health and physical health go hand in hand. My 1st grader and 2nd grader are very smart, diligent students and love to learn, but when I put them in school here, their love of learning quickly was smothered. They were very unhappy and did not like going to school at all. Then, when they'd get home from school they'd have at least 2 hours of homework. When do the kids just get to be kids? Maybe they'll do well academically, but they won't love learning like they use to, and they are not my happy kids anymore. For these reasons, I took them out of WLE.

Posted July 31, 2011
Amazing school!! My son has been there since 1st grade and going on 5th now.....Teachers are the best!! nothing compare to the prior schools I had him at....awesome communication, they will go out of their way for their students, they are caring and show interest on the kids learning...It begings from leadership, great principal and vice principal!!.....My daughter is starting Kinder this school year coming and she cant wait...Again, AMAZING school!!! <3

Posted June 28, 2011
We LOVE WLE!! My son can't wait for the new school year already! Thank you to everyone who made my son's first year a success!

Posted May 29, 2011
The school is awesome, the staff is awesome, the teachers.. I don't have words for them! A++++ They all do their duties and far beyond to help the children develop and success in a way I could have never imagined or expected! Besides the great classes, with the highest regional FCAT results, they have Drama Factory which is fabulous for the kids and parents as well, the Chorus, Peace Day and lots and lots of other activities that enriches our kids lives! Parents are more than welcome, or as I read before, treated like family. Thank you very much WLE!

Posted February 01, 2011
My 3 children have all been at WLE since kindergarten through 5th. I absolutely LOVE this school. The kids love it and I love the way the staff treat you like family! Great vibes always. Very positive. Always pushing my kids to do their best! And they have!

William H. Lehman Elementary School
10990 Southwest 113th Place, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified William H. Lehman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William H. Lehman Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top