Miami, FL
Before care: Yes

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 5

Posted October 21, 2011
My children attend this school and I have been very happy with the quality of the school and the teachers (particularly Mrs. Martinez). While parental involvement is substantial, many of the teachers are wonderful and dedicated and go above and beyond to help their students. I am particularly thrilled with the tremendous cultural and ethnic diversity of the school. My children truly have the opportunity to mix with and learn from children of all nationalities, colors, religions, and cultures.

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2010
This school lacks school spirit. There is no activities for kids. The xmas show last year, the kindergartens did not participate. There is no parent involvement. My daughter that is in first grade is a gifted child, I told their teacher at the begining of the year and she confirmed she was, and that she referred her. School is over, they never put her in the gifted program. The after school program is good

Posted May 12, 2010
In the years that my daughter has been in Zora she has gotten better. i hate to say this but what people write about it is wrong the school is amazing. i like the fact that i can talk to the teacher whenever i can and the teachers are very nice and always there for the kids. the school is way better than the school i was going to put my child in.

Posted May 08, 2010

Posted May 05, 2010
I think is a good school and the teachers had good quality!!

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2010

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2010

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2009

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
I'm sorry to have to disagree with the majority but I have found in the past 4 years that my son has attended... the teachers have progressively gotten worse. I couldn't be more disappointed with a school and I would suggest to look elsewhere for a quality education. If you can afford it, enroll your child in a quality private school. The public school system seems to be failing miserably.

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2008
I have been a parent at Zora Neale for 5 years. I agree with the other 'reviewers' in that the school had been having issues with the morning routine. This year there have been very significant changes. There are several volunteers that service the cafeteria in the morning to keep order. The biggest issue was the traffic because many of the parents were parking in the no parking zones in order to drop the kids off and wait with them in the cafeteria. Now, the school has implemented a drop off only policy...no parents allowed in the mornings. Huge and favorable change. As far as the teachers are concerned, this school has very qualified and experienced teachers. Many of them have different strategies that happen to work well with the children. As parents we have to reinforce what is being taught and support what the teachers do!

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School
13137 Southwest 26th Street, Miami, FL  33175
Last modified Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top