761 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 5

Posted September 15, 2015
I am proud to say this school has extraordinary professionals and educators guiding our children towards excellence. I am pleased to see not only true professionals but also human beings that care also on a personal level for our children. The school does have to better organize their school assembly and surround system. It is nearly impossible to hear the teachers over the microphone with all the noise and commotion in the cafeteria. It is my first year involved directly with the school and I can honestly say I am pleased! Thank You Zora Neale Indeed you have an amazing school. Only minor changes need to be implemented to the infrastructure of the building to make it look more alive, more appealing to both students and parents. The cleanliness of the school is excellent. Warmest Regards and All the Best, David and Cindy Machin :)!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 15, 2015
Ms. Marin and Ms. Calle! These indeed are extraordinary teachers that show persistence, dedication towards our childrens educational success! Thank You!

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2015
I normally do not write reviews, but I feel I need to warn other parent that this school is famous for RETAINING children, just to keep their image of an A school. I have experience this first-hand with my child, and I have also spoken to other parents whom also have had this experience. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 5

Posted October 21, 2011
My children attend this school and I have been very happy with the quality of the school and the teachers (particularly Mrs. Martinez). While parental involvement is substantial, many of the teachers are wonderful and dedicated and go above and beyond to help their students. I am particularly thrilled with the tremendous cultural and ethnic diversity of the school. My children truly have the opportunity to mix with and learn from children of all nationalities, colors, religions, and cultures.

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2010
This school lacks school spirit. There is no activities for kids. The xmas show last year, the kindergartens did not participate. There is no parent involvement. My daughter that is in first grade is a gifted child, I told their teacher at the begining of the year and she confirmed she was, and that she referred her. School is over, they never put her in the gifted program. The after school program is good

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2010
In the years that my daughter has been in Zora she has gotten better. i hate to say this but what people write about it is wrong the school is amazing. i like the fact that i can talk to the teacher whenever i can and the teachers are very nice and always there for the kids. the school is way better than the school i was going to put my child in.

Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
I think is a good school and the teachers had good quality!!

Posted December 01, 2008
I'm sorry to have to disagree with the majority but I have found in the past 4 years that my son has attended... the teachers have progressively gotten worse. I couldn't be more disappointed with a school and I would suggest to look elsewhere for a quality education. If you can afford it, enroll your child in a quality private school. The public school system seems to be failing miserably.

Posted September 19, 2008
I have been a parent at Zora Neale for 5 years. I agree with the other 'reviewers' in that the school had been having issues with the morning routine. This year there have been very significant changes. There are several volunteers that service the cafeteria in the morning to keep order. The biggest issue was the traffic because many of the parents were parking in the no parking zones in order to drop the kids off and wait with them in the cafeteria. Now, the school has implemented a drop off only policy...no parents allowed in the mornings. Huge and favorable change. As far as the teachers are concerned, this school has very qualified and experienced teachers. Many of them have different strategies that happen to work well with the children. As parents we have to reinforce what is being taught and support what the teachers do!

Posted September 18, 2008
My son is in kindergarten it is his first time going to a big school since he was in a small preschool/daycare before so it is hard for him to get used to the idea of going to a big school. The staff and his teacher are nice and helpful but there teaching methods are not so fun and exciting.

13137 Southwest 26th Street, Miami, FL  33175
Last modified Zora Neale Hurston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.