Coral Reef Senior High School 2

Posted October 21, 2014
My children came here for the vpa academy. They were really excited at first but when the school year started they hated it. Coral reef is a very clicky school and my children didn't make any real friends their first year. Not only that but the teachers were not interactive. I thought I was making a mistake(because coral reef I supposed to be amazing),when I took them out and send one to a private and other to public. Now they both go to amazing colleges with out the need for coral reef on their record. Over all coral reef might be a good school but not for all people. Its way too clicky and I believe the teachers and staff only care about keeping the schools place and name. I wouldn't recommend parents to send your child there only if you really have to.

Coral Reef Senior High School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter applied for this school this year and she din't get in , they called me and told me that she got a 97 over all but never gave me an explanation of whey she din't get in , my daughter is a professional actress and has done commercial for Disney and also had worked on tv I think this school doesn't go by talent at all , someone told me they go by lotto or something , I would love to know , please send me email if you like ,,,,, vergels @bellsouth.net

Posted September 16, 2013
The school is great the students are nice and the teachers really care about you.

Posted July 18, 2013
I am a Sophmore in the Choir strand at CRHS i think it's amazing!!!! i love this scool! the teachers are Fun, and i can definately say im getting a great education! yes, there are things that i dont like about the school but all in all it's amazing!

Posted December 27, 2012
My daughter is in 12th grade here. I like this school but I don't love it. They really stress the kids out and push them to take a grueling schedule because it improves the school's rating. I would recommend parents not give in to the pressure to have their kids take too many AP classes unless their child is really that motivated. If your child is in a career magnet, colleges will be plenty impressed at the difficulty of the electives your child is taking without having to take 4 AP classes every year. Also, remember that part of the reason for this school's good graduation stats is because they kick out anyone who doesn't have a 2.3 (UNweighted). Therefore, have them take the classes in which they will do WELL. Otherwise, we have been happy, and the teachers are really good and responsive. The classes are, for the most part, less crowded than other schools around here, and because the school was built for the number of students who are attending, it doesn't feel overwhelming. The kids are well-behaved behaved, and the uniform policy is enforced. They are generally very strict about rules. It has a diverse student body.

Posted October 07, 2012
The ratings for this school do not do it justice. CRSHS is beyond expectations. My child is in the Legal Academy and she loves it. She wakes up at 4:30 am and goes in a school bus for nearly two hours to get to school and she wouldn't change it for anything. Be mindful that she has a high school less than half a mile from home, where she could literately walk there in 5 minutes. The environment, teachers and energy through out the school is beyond what you can get in any other school. As far as the performing arts, I don't think it has to do with "politics" or "insiders" , the whole purpose of auditions IS to maintain high standards and qualifications of the students admitted. It doesn't mean those not accepted are not talented... this is a very competitive world whether in law, medicine, business or performing arts. It's just the way it is. The school, staff and academics at CRSHS are just AMAZING!!!!

Posted October 06, 2012
the ratings for this school are not a reality. The only reason the ratings are so high is because it is a full magnet school.. However, you need to see that there are other High School, that might be better, but because they do not have as many magnets, they are not looked at in the same way. A lot of the reviews are from students just having fun at the school. Grades, academics and student history does not weigh as much when it comes to getting into the school. Some of the magnets, audition based, have become a lot of politics. If the parent knows the administration it is easier to get into the magnet. Students do not have the same opportunity to get into the school. This year so many applied for performing arts and only 30 made it into the magnet due to the fact that it is audition based. This affects a lot of kids self esteem. Some of the kids were equally talented but because the other kids do not have push or someone inside of the school, they do not make it. Then the kids that do make it in, tease and brag about the fact that they made it and the others did not. This kind of competition between kids is not good at this age.

Posted April 25, 2011
CORAL REEF SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL is a great school. I could not make a better choice for my son, who is in the VIP-BAND. I am very happy with the education he had. The teachers , the sports, the discipline, the activities, etc. Everything in the school is just awesome! My son is ready to move forward to College but CHRS will be in his memory forever. Thanks the Coral Reef Staff ..YOU ARE THE BEST! I will miss my son high school days! Regards,

Posted March 28, 2011
I graduated from Coral Reef in 2010 and I can honestly tell you that I would not have chosen a different school to ever go to. It was hard at times but some of the classes really did prepare me for college. The learning environment was great and the teachers I had really cared about my success as a student. I would seriously recommend this school to anyone. However, I will also say to make sure you know what the academy you are entering entails, it may not be exactly what you want or might just be perfect for you. But do the research!

Coral Reef Senior High School 1

Posted March 19, 2011
This school is over crowded, its education is horrible and has too many magnet programs. It looks like a jail and at the auditions the parents of students there make the school seem even less appealing.

Coral Reef Senior High School
10101 Southwest 152nd Street, Miami, FL  33157
(305) 232-2044
Last modified Coral Reef Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Reef Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 117 reviews. Top