Public charter
Miami, FL

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 2

Posted May 18, 2015
This school is absolutely horrible please do not let the other reviews fool you! Although the academics are somewhat good the administration is never on the students side, like they claim to be. In particular the principle Mr.Dorn, he will act as though he is for the students however, in hindsight he is everything but for the students. The administration lacks understanding towards the student and the rules are absolutely ridiculous. Coming to school is like prison and very dreadful. I hope this helps you decide your future school. - From a student who is frankly tried of this prison called Doctors Charter School

Posted May 11, 2015
My daughter attends DCS and I'm super happy . This is her 2nd year there, and I choose it because of the sports they offer. Not only has outstanding academics but sports! The staff is fantastic, it feels like home. Is a small environment which is great, the school has a small amount of kids per class.They have all kinds of advance classes as well. The teachers email back the kids with any concern they have, as well as the parents, the constantly recognize the students that work hard in many ways, and they offer tutoring. Sports well, all I have to say is great too. My daughter loves sports and she takes advantage of this. They have great coaches (Coach Gebara, Coach Manny ,Coach Morales & Coach Calli among others) variety of sport choices. We have a strong PTA, The only thing we need is more support from the comunity and more parents joining to help. It is a charter school so we always have to find extra funds. I really advice anyone just to try it! Miami Shores residents, take advantage of this! Thats what I did 7 years ago when someone advice me to try Miami Shores Elementary & Doctors Charter School and Im so thankful I did!

Posted May 03, 2015
I had a wonderful weekend starting with the annual Golf Tournament to the annual picnic for the students, including the incoming students. It is great to see the community come together to make the school the best that it can be. The Golf tournament is a fundraiser which helps the school provides the sports programs for the school. This engages the students in sports in addition to academics. This is a great school with the big sense of community.

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 1

Posted February 05, 2015
Simply a horrible school. The rules are geared towards setting up children to fail and the teachers take full advantage of this. Some teachers are great but the bad ones are bad. Including the administration. If your child has an issue, they will pretend to hear you but then making a million excuses for why they are right and refer back to the rules, and why your child is wrong. Beware.

Posted October 27, 2014
Doctors Charter School of Miami Shores is a premier community-based preparatory school with emphasis on individual student potential and active citizenship. The mission of the school, with parental and community support, is to nurture and to assist each student to reach his/her academic goals and to develop a sense of community responsibility and social awareness. The School embraces ethnic and religious diversity, representative of the multicultural community in which it makes its home. The School s commitment is to serve the community. Therefore the values of the school include the attainment of high academic standards and the cultivation of civic involvement, personal integrity, tolerance and open-mindedness, compassion and a willingness to give back to the community. The school values excellence at all levels: students, faculty, staff and administration.

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 2

Posted March 19, 2014
As much as I use to love this school I must urge you to reconsider sending your child here at this time period. I have been involved in the PTSA for many years and I have had multiple children who have attended this school, but due to recent actions taken by an Interim Principle I am in pure disbelief. However, the teachers are simply phenomenal my little girl always talks about how much she learns in Science class. Also the school has a garden which gives the kids hands on biology experience which I think is something very few schools are able to offer.

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 1

Posted May 26, 2013
The school's name is Doctor's Charters of Miami Dade, florida. And we are aware that my son is not the only kid that has been bullied at that school. The principal is not at the school because he doesn't even live in florida, and the active principal is the viceprincipal Douglas Garber, whom we told innumerable times about my son's problem. We consider ourselves lucky for the simple reason that our son is strong. I quote my son, "Mr. Garber thinks that kids sometimes are mean but it doesn't mean it is bullying, papi, i don't think he understand" and i agree. I think that until schools accept that they have a problem with bullying they will keep using denial as a solution.

Posted June 21, 2012
I go to DCS and I really like it here, the teachers are really nice and so are the kids. I'm glad to be at this school

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 4

Posted November 18, 2011
A lot had changed since my last post. The school has attained the Florida Gold Seal of Excellence and it has been named on Newsweek's "America's Best High Schools in 2011". Homework load still heavy and the amount of projects for several teachers at the same time are still a lot. But the atmosphere in the school is excellent and students and parents work together with the administration to continue bringing the best for all. Administration is paying more attention to parent s concerns and tries to resolve issues where all parties benefit from the solution. The amount of school related activities continue high. Congratulations to DCS for an excellent work.

Posted November 15, 2011
it is great I love it. I am applying for admissions. I can't wait til' me 2011-2012 school year. So EXCITED!!

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores
11301 Northwest 5th Avenue, Miami, FL  33168
Last modified Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top