Posted October 27, 2014
Doctors Charter School of Miami Shores is a premier community-based preparatory school with emphasis on individual student potential and active citizenship. The mission of the school, with parental and community support, is to nurture and to assist each student to reach his/her academic goals and to develop a sense of community responsibility and social awareness. The School embraces ethnic and religious diversity, representative of the multicultural community in which it makes its home. The School s commitment is to serve the community. Therefore the values of the school include the attainment of high academic standards and the cultivation of civic involvement, personal integrity, tolerance and open-mindedness, compassion and a willingness to give back to the community. The school values excellence at all levels: students, faculty, staff and administration.

Posted August 26, 2014
I am a parent of a child, who just started in Doctors Charter, although it has only been one week, I am extremely happy with what I have seen. The teachers are all enthusiastic and passionate about teaching. The new principal has a lot of plans for this school and its future. I am so very excited for me and my family to be part of this school. Please take a look at this school. It is a Gem!

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 2

Posted March 19, 2014
As much as I use to love this school I must urge you to reconsider sending your child here at this time period. I have been involved in the PTSA for many years and I have had multiple children who have attended this school, but due to recent actions taken by an Interim Principle I am in pure disbelief. However, the teachers are simply phenomenal my little girl always talks about how much she learns in Science class. Also the school has a garden which gives the kids hands on biology experience which I think is something very few schools are able to offer.

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 1

Posted May 26, 2013
The school's name is Doctor's Charters of Miami Dade, florida. And we are aware that my son is not the only kid that has been bullied at that school. The principal is not at the school because he doesn't even live in florida, and the active principal is the viceprincipal Douglas Garber, whom we told innumerable times about my son's problem. We consider ourselves lucky for the simple reason that our son is strong. I quote my son, "Mr. Garber thinks that kids sometimes are mean but it doesn't mean it is bullying, papi, i don't think he understand" and i agree. I think that until schools accept that they have a problem with bullying they will keep using denial as a solution.

Posted June 21, 2012
I go to DCS and I really like it here, the teachers are really nice and so are the kids. I'm glad to be at this school

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 4

Posted November 18, 2011
A lot had changed since my last post. The school has attained the Florida Gold Seal of Excellence and it has been named on Newsweek's "America's Best High Schools in 2011". Homework load still heavy and the amount of projects for several teachers at the same time are still a lot. But the atmosphere in the school is excellent and students and parents work together with the administration to continue bringing the best for all. Administration is paying more attention to parent s concerns and tries to resolve issues where all parties benefit from the solution. The amount of school related activities continue high. Congratulations to DCS for an excellent work.

Posted November 15, 2011
it is great I love it. I am applying for admissions. I can't wait til' me 2011-2012 school year. So EXCITED!!

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 4

Posted September 13, 2011
This school is great. It has a great staff, excellent administration and a very accommodating, knowledgeable and professional Principal-Mr. Meredith. We have our 2 children there since Jr HS and I believe that the education, guidance and preparation for college is SECOND to NONE when it comes to the MDCPS system. Kudos to DCS!!!!

Posted July 24, 2010
i have two children there. one with math issues. the teacher tutored students that were willing to stay a bit longer every afternoon.

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores 0

Posted May 20, 2010
A very good school. Has high standards and ethical disparity.

Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores
11301 Northwest 5th Avenue, Miami, FL  33168
Last modified Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doctors Charter School Of Miami Shores Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top