Rideout Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 534 students

Posted August 20, 2013

My Son went to this school for 3 years. His first teacher ( ESE Pre-K for 2 years) Mrs. Rodgers was horrible! She only cared about pushing her weight loss program that her and her husband had on the side. We found out later that the ESE students in her class were being verbally abused by her and when the teacher's aide told the Principal about it, she was blown off and the incident swept under the rug. The teacher aide quite because of how it was handled. When my husband and I found out the next school year, Mrs. Rodgers had skipped town and is now a teacher in Miami. Our son then had Mrs. Batteiger whom is an excellent teacher. She is warm, friendly patient and takes her time with the children. My son absolutely loved her and so did my husband and I. The only reason I am giving this school 4 stars is because of Mrs. Batteiger. I wish every teacher could be just like her!! I also liked this school because most of the teachers and office staff knew our son by name and were always very sweet to him.

Posted June 28, 2013

We are having a really good experience in Rideout. Last year my son started their Prek program and he had the best teachers and assistants during the school year. Mrs. Rodgers and Ms. Hettle took the time to know him and help him archieve huge progress with his IEP. The school is always having activities for the kids and my son loved being part of all of them. Most of the teachers and office personal know him by name and make him feel part of the crowd, which I loved. The school level is supreme and so their teachers. Facilities are always clean and grounds are always taken care of, so its a nice place for the kids to attend. Definetly will keep my boy in this school and his sister will be attending for 2014-2015 year too. Compared with Coppergate (our attendance school) is way better!

Posted January 21, 2010

This is an ok school! But if you have a child going into Kindergarten you need to make sure that you get the best teacher there Mrs. Treece. She has a great love and understanding of teaching. You will never be sorry! The office staff are somewhat helpful, but at times not readily available when needed. The ESE program needs to have some revamping. The Principle needs to be more open and willing to let them participate more in school/county wide events instead of leaving them all to themselves in the Protable Classrooms.

Posted January 17, 2010

I Love Rideout! My kids love Rideout! My daughter is in Kindergarten and she has a wonderful teacher Ms. Dean! My son also attends the school for 4 years now. He is in fifth grade. He has great teachers. Ms. Burt is an awesome 4th grade teacher. Their principal is always visible, very approachable. Very happy with all the schools events.

Posted September 16, 2009

RideOut is one of the best schools in Clay County. My children have been going there for 2 years now and they absolutly love it. The teachers have such great communication with the parents so you always know how your child is doing. The staff is very polite and knowledgeable.

Posted January 5, 2009

This school is amazing! The work that all the wonderful teachers put into their students shows! We've been at this school for 2 years now and we've had nothing but postive things to say about this school. We were rezoned from another school in the area and were skeptical at first, but after the first week of school we knew it was going to be a great place for our children to learn.

Posted December 1, 2008

My oldest child is now in 5th grade and has been attending since Kindergarten. The staff and teachers have been amazing to work with and truly make the children's education their top priority. They have kept me well-informed of the progress of both of my children and have never once made me feel as if any of my 'requests' were a problem. My children enjoy the school as well as the different things they learn each day. I can truly say that they both enjoy the school, teachers and staff! I'd like to see some more extracurricular activities but other than that, I have NO COMPLAINTS! Great school, great staff, great teachers!

Posted October 27, 2008

This is our second year at RideOut, and so far I have been very satisfied with the professionalism and dispositions of the staff. I have two students attending this year, and both have teachers who are well prepared and caring. I am disappointed that there is no art resource -- they have P.E. three days a week, with computers and music one time each. Parental involvement is at its height at the beginning of the school year and takes a dive after the winter break. The discipline program is unfortunately reward-based and incompatible with my parenting style, but I suppose it works for them; my kids seem to do well when they are at school, but sometimes they have a problem following directions at home because they are not given the same incentives for their behavior.

Posted April 16, 2008

My son is in the E.H. program at RideOut and I am finally (after 2 schools) satisfied with his education. He slipped through many cracks until we enrolled him here. He even made the A-B Honor Roll! That's his first in his school career and I'm sure it wouldn't have been possible if not for the caring dedication of the RideOut staff. Thank you all for showing my son he CAN suceed!

Posted April 10, 2007

My son attends RideOut and loves going to school. The teachers and administration are always ready to help. FCAT is a big deal in Florida, but at RideOut it's put into proper perspective. The academic programs are right on track. Music, computers, and P.E. are his favorite resource classes. I really find the communication between school and home excellent. I get a quick response whenever I have a question- usually I just email. Overall, this is a high quality school and I'm very pleased that my son is able to attend RideOut.

Posted March 3, 2007

My daughter attened RideOut for K (prior to moving) and we were very happy. Her teacher was very professional and caring and my daughter loved going everyday. She also enjoyed their extra classes such as computer, PE, art, etc. I would recommend this school to anyone, it is a small school and has a smaller, closer feel to it compared to other larger elems in the area. (Fleming Island area).

Posted September 19, 2006

My children have been at Rideout totaling 3 years. I think the teachers are great. As for parent involvement, I have been on the PFA the last 2 years and have only been called about the annual carnival, which is great also. I think there should be more after school activities. My son loves the run/walk club but even that is not the best it could be compared to other schools in the area. The school has a new principal this year and my 5th graders says he likes her. I think it will be a good year.

Posted June 1, 2006

I have two children who attend this school.Overall I like it pretty well.I was a little disappointed in how a situation was handled this year with the vice principal.As for the teachers the majority seem to have a genuine interest in the children.I do wish they would offer some more extracirricular activities.The biggest downfall is the parent involvement.More parents with children at this school need to step up and help out.I am pretty satisfied with the cirruculum.

Posted April 6, 2006

Comming from a Duval Co, elementary school, i have to say i am impressed with Rideouts curicullum. My children come home with so much work and are learning so much, not to mention the fact they have either music, p.e or art everyday.

Posted January 11, 2006

My son has attended this school for 3 years. I have always liked it. The test scores are A's and B's. The teahers and staff are helpful in everyway. They go on educational field trips to MOSH mueseum, zoo and other fun things. Parent envolvment is highly encouraged. It is a relitively new school and they added new classrooms to expand on for more students and teachers.

Posted April 1, 2005

I have noticed since the school opened 4 years ago, that most 3rd graders are having a hard time understanding what is being taught. I have talked with many different parents about this and our 3rd graders havent received what they needed since kindergarten. I fell the school is only teaching for the fcat exam and nothing eles! I also fell this school needs to have a better academic programs for childern that are having a hard time. I will be suprised if this school receive another 'a' grade. If you go and look up the scores ride out did receive a 'a' but a very low 'a'.

Posted March 17, 2005

This school is really great. The teachers are well educated and have a constant professional attitude. They also balance this attitude with compassion and understanding of their students. My children are very happy and are back to there A&B honor roll selves. Much better than Duval County schools they have been in.

Posted October 25, 2004

So far I am very pleased with ROE. This is my son's first year in school and he already loves it.

Posted May 20, 2004

RideOut ELementary is a great school. There are excellent teachers and it is obvious they care about their students. They also have a great resource department as well as administration.
—Submitted by a teacher

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

77 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

76 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

63 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

61 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

64 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

71 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

72 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

79 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3065 Apalachicola Boulevard