Rideout Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
My Son went to this school for 3 years. His first teacher ( ESE Pre-K for 2 years) Mrs. Rodgers was horrible! She only cared about pushing her weight loss program that her and her husband had on the side. We found out later that the ESE students in her class were being verbally abused by her and when the teacher's aide told the Principal about it, she was blown off and the incident swept under the rug. The teacher aide quite because of how it was handled. When my husband and I found out the next school year, Mrs. Rodgers had skipped town and is now a teacher in Miami. Our son then had Mrs. Batteiger whom is an excellent teacher. She is warm, friendly patient and takes her time with the children. My son absolutely loved her and so did my husband and I. The only reason I am giving this school 4 stars is because of Mrs. Batteiger. I wish every teacher could be just like her!! I also liked this school because most of the teachers and office staff knew our son by name and were always very sweet to him.

Posted June 28, 2013
We are having a really good experience in Rideout. Last year my son started their Prek program and he had the best teachers and assistants during the school year. Mrs. Rodgers and Ms. Hettle took the time to know him and help him archieve huge progress with his IEP. The school is always having activities for the kids and my son loved being part of all of them. Most of the teachers and office personal know him by name and make him feel part of the crowd, which I loved. The school level is supreme and so their teachers. Facilities are always clean and grounds are always taken care of, so its a nice place for the kids to attend. Definetly will keep my boy in this school and his sister will be attending for 2014-2015 year too. Compared with Coppergate (our attendance school) is way better!

Rideout Elementary School 0

Posted January 21, 2010
This is an ok school! But if you have a child going into Kindergarten you need to make sure that you get the best teacher there Mrs. Treece. She has a great love and understanding of teaching. You will never be sorry! The office staff are somewhat helpful, but at times not readily available when needed. The ESE program needs to have some revamping. The Principle needs to be more open and willing to let them participate more in school/county wide events instead of leaving them all to themselves in the Protable Classrooms.

Rideout Elementary School 0

Posted January 17, 2010
I Love Rideout! My kids love Rideout! My daughter is in Kindergarten and she has a wonderful teacher Ms. Dean! My son also attends the school for 4 years now. He is in fifth grade. He has great teachers. Ms. Burt is an awesome 4th grade teacher. Their principal is always visible, very approachable. Very happy with all the schools events.

Posted September 16, 2009
RideOut is one of the best schools in Clay County. My children have been going there for 2 years now and they absolutly love it. The teachers have such great communication with the parents so you always know how your child is doing. The staff is very polite and knowledgeable.

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted January 05, 2009
This school is amazing! The work that all the wonderful teachers put into their students shows! We've been at this school for 2 years now and we've had nothing but postive things to say about this school. We were rezoned from another school in the area and were skeptical at first, but after the first week of school we knew it was going to be a great place for our children to learn.

Posted December 01, 2008
My oldest child is now in 5th grade and has been attending since Kindergarten. The staff and teachers have been amazing to work with and truly make the children's education their top priority. They have kept me well-informed of the progress of both of my children and have never once made me feel as if any of my 'requests' were a problem. My children enjoy the school as well as the different things they learn each day. I can truly say that they both enjoy the school, teachers and staff! I'd like to see some more extracurricular activities but other than that, I have NO COMPLAINTS! Great school, great staff, great teachers!

Rideout Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2008
This is our second year at RideOut, and so far I have been very satisfied with the professionalism and dispositions of the staff. I have two students attending this year, and both have teachers who are well prepared and caring. I am disappointed that there is no art resource -- they have P.E. three days a week, with computers and music one time each. Parental involvement is at its height at the beginning of the school year and takes a dive after the winter break. The discipline program is unfortunately reward-based and incompatible with my parenting style, but I suppose it works for them; my kids seem to do well when they are at school, but sometimes they have a problem following directions at home because they are not given the same incentives for their behavior.

Posted April 16, 2008
My son is in the E.H. program at RideOut and I am finally (after 2 schools) satisfied with his education. He slipped through many cracks until we enrolled him here. He even made the A-B Honor Roll! That's his first in his school career and I'm sure it wouldn't have been possible if not for the caring dedication of the RideOut staff. Thank you all for showing my son he CAN suceed!

Rideout Elementary School
3065 Apalachicola Boulevard, Middleburg, FL  32068
Last modified Rideout Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rideout Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top