Middleburg High School

Public | PK, 9 | 1710 students

Posted April 11, 2014

if you what my choice you do not get that ............... my name is christopher a parke bailer i went i for 2 years and now i can not find any body i no from there now........................................... 1992 tell 1994

Posted December 30, 2013

This school is pretty bad. I already knew things from middle school that students there were just learning! I go here and I am very unsatisfied. They only focus on the popular kids who are also favored. MANY people I know are uncomfortable going here because of this. The way they force people to pep rallies is pretty mean. I suffer from major claustrophobia at the end of every event. But I can't leave because it's an "all school event" and "everyone should participate". Well, sorry I don't want to feel like I'm dying in a large crowd with loud terrible music blasting my ears. This school frowns upon people that aren't in sports or drama. It gets pretty annoying. Only a few teachers fully listen to their students and their problems, learning and emotional, while others just seem to want to leave. I would gladly go to another school.

Posted May 26, 2013

Leadership was excellent until 2 years ago. Unfortunately for the students, things are changing for the worse. The school last year went from an A to a B and it seems that this year they will drop one more letter. MHS has great teachers who really do a great job. Unfortunately, many are retiring or transferring to other schools.

Posted November 12, 2011

I am not impressed at all with MHS...my son who is very bright had terrible grades at MHS (D's & F's) and had he stayed there would not have graduated. He retook classes on FLVS and earned all A's & B's. Many of the teachers & staff the I have come in contact with do not appear to be too bright (there are exceptions of course).

Posted November 3, 2011

this school is so awesome i love it cant wait till january 2012~!!! i will be at this school all my cuzins& family members have went here this is a awesome school in this awesome town MIDDLEBURG<FL

Posted June 6, 2011

I think that you get out of a school what you put in it. My daughter graduated Valedictorian with a 4.76 g.p.a and is in the top 1% nationwide from ACT, ASvab and AP tests. I love MHS and I back them up 100%

Posted May 9, 2011

I am a former MHS student who graduated in May of 2007. Both as a student and now a graduate I am very pleased with MHS. The guidance office staff are the most helpful staff they have, most of the teachers cared about their students and genuinely wanted to see them succeed. I know from experience as I had moved between 3 high schools and only MHS pushed me further and made it to where I would graduate on time. They never put me on the back burner. EVERY (and I wish I could underline, bold, and italic that word) teacher I had at MHS made the classes worth going to even if school was the last place on a students mind. While the teachers kept the professional relationship between them and the student in the classroom, they taught classes with both professionalism and humor to keep a students attention. I wish everyone had the teachers I had, then maybe student life would be more enjoyable. The only problem I had was with a certain staff member in attendance. I believe they missed her lack of people skills and loathing attitude both towards other adults and students alike. I still learned to love school however despite her presence. I hope to be here when my daughter starts 9-12.

Posted July 3, 2009

I have been a teacher at Middleburg High School for the past 23 years out of the last 35 years of my teaching career. This school is the most caring schools that I've ever known. We have some of the most dedicated teachers in the world and our students are by far the greatest around. Our faculty and students genuinely work together to make this an outstanding school. I've been on several SACS accreditation visiting teams to review other schools over the past several years and I have always come back to Middleburg High and hugged my principal and kissed the ground I work on because I see what a great school we have when I compare it to other places I've been. MHS is the best!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 18, 2008

The Biggest problem with this school is the curriculum but it isn't just Middleburg High it's all FL. schools the administration us so devoted to standerdized test like the FCAT that it is slowing becoming the main curriculum for the school they don't prepare you adequatily for any future career all they teach are the bare essentials then the rest of the time is devoted to FCAT preperation

Posted June 19, 2006

I liked the academics the had, as a former student I, found that the school was great and the teachers really took time to teach you. I was my kids could go there if I was still living there

Posted February 3, 2006

I think that the majority of the high school teachers there give the impression that they don't care. My son has been there for three years and only once has a teacher contacted me about poor grades without me contacting them first.

Posted May 18, 2004

I have just completed my sophomore year at Middleburg High and can't wait to see what lies ahead in the next two years. Middleburg High's a great and fun learning environment to be a part of and I am proud to be a Bronco. The teachers are excellent and know how to do their job well. I can always feel comfortable talking with one about a problem whether it be school or non-school related. Another thing not to be overlooked is that,MHS not only has great regular and honors classes, but it also has awesome AP classes led by excellent teachers for those who are dedicated and interested in getting a head start on their college work. In addition,AP passing rates have been higher than the IB programs' students' in other local schools. Students and teachers at MHS take pride in all that they do,and that's what being a Bronco's all about. Rochelle Forbes

Posted May 5, 2004

Middleburg high school in my opinion is a great school. As a student I enjoy the great sports department. It is very diverse and has something for everyone. Also I am taking all Honors A.P. and dual enrollment classes, MHS does a very good job of makeing a curriculum standard that everone can pass...from the remedial classes to the dual enrollment class the Guidence office is always willing to help. Also there are many great clubs and organizations for all students. For example FBLA, HOSA, Student council, Homecomming commitee and many others.

Posted March 15, 2004

I have been gone from MHS for 8 years, but my brother attends and things have not changed much since I attended. Students are still considered just a statistic and the admin still have no compassion.

Posted February 11, 2004

I know this was meant for parents but I just couldnt pass up an oppurtunity to write something great about my school. Middleburg High has provided me with some of the best memories and not to mention values that I will carry with me for years to come there have been some doubtful times here but not as many to compare with the ones that have been truely amazing to me. The teachers here are truely amazing last year my dad passed away and it was truely amazing the love and support I recieved from them in this time of need so many teachers sent flowers, cards showed up at the viewing and funeral and I was truely thankful. Middleburg High is one of the best places I've ever attended and I know that some day when I have children that they will definately be students of Middleburg High School.

Posted February 9, 2004

My son is a freshman this year. I am impressed with the majority of his teachers. They are involved and show concern for the students. There are the typical teachers who are more involved with the sports they coach than the students in their classes. My son got ISS for putting a snowcone in a friend's trumpet during a football game. I found out about the incident and the ISS almost two weeks later by a message from the vice principal on my answering machine. I am not thrilled about their timeliness in communcating with the parent about their child. This is not the first incident either academically or discipline that I felt wasn't inform in a timely manner. I think the adminstration is stale and needs new blood. I would like to see the school respond to this site with their comments. My comments are pretty limited to my son's six months attending. Their web site which could be a great communication tool is only updated occasionally.

Posted January 29, 2004

I was a student at Middleburg High for 4 years and now have a little brother going there. I think it is one of the best high schools in the county when it comes to teachers. When I was a senior I had some personal problems and all of my teachers and the administrators worked with me to make sure my grades stayed at the top. I don't think there are many other high schools around that would have done what Middleburg High did for me. If you're deciding between high schools, Middleburg is the way to go.

Posted January 8, 2004

With one student already graduated and another on the way to graduating, I can say that MHS is one great school. The teachers show great interest in their students and work hard to help each of them do well.

Posted November 25, 2003

I believe that Middleburg High School employs some of the best teachers in Clay County. Unfortunately, the pros of this school stops there. The administration generally does not care about its students. They consider the children to be nothing more than a statistic, a name on an ID card.

Posted May 20, 2003

This is a good school. The teachers really care about there students

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

416 students were tested at this school in 2014.

2014

2013

2011

Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Source: Florida Department of Education

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 3%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Music
  • Choir / Chorus
  • Jazz band
  • Orchestra

• MR. JOHN O'BRIAN
Fax number
  • (904) 291-5462

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options