749 students|Clay

Bad
Good

As with anything you will have people you just cant please no matter what you do , But this school is awesome ! 99% of the people really care about the students and try very hard to help them. You have to take into consideration how thinly they are spread due to budget constraints and special needs and unruly kids . I have volunteered in the past and got to see A little closer all the hard work that is put into trying to make school enjoyable for the kids , and how much personal money , time and effort the staff puts into each school. So when you see a school staff member thank them for their service because they are just as important as police , fire and medical personnel ,in helping grow our future. Often much of what is given or done is out of their own pockets and none of them make alot of money , so when you are in say a store in winter and you see someone buying a case of beer a carton of cigarettes and lottery tickets and their child has no shoes , these are sometimes the type of people that complain so take it with a grain of salt when you hear anything negative as it is often a school employee that buys that child a pair of shoes.

I don't know why this school got a low rate. I have a daughter that goes here and they just do excellent with her. she is difficult to handle sometimes because of the fact she had adhd. They do everything they can to help her in the studies most needed. The teachers are excellent, the staff is great and the counselors are excellent as well. The only complaint I have on this school is that they need to make a bigger parking lot

Wilkinson is a Great school. I have lived in this area for 8 years, moving from Duval County. My oldest started 2nd grade here and she was behind. The teachers at Wilkinson helped her grow and before completing the first year she was reading at 3rd grade level. She has been an honor roll student ever since and loves school. She is now a Sophomore and plans to go on to a University to study math and science. Thanks WES. My second daughter is now a 6th grader and has done as well as her sister. The teachers are wonderful and they always expect the most from the kids because they know the students are capable of learning. They actually TEACH and are likable by both students and parents. A "B" now and still improving.

All three of my children have went to W.E.S. Two of them are still going. First I want to correct the SchoolGrade. Wilkinson is now a B school.The teachers and staff are wonderful. What this school lacks the most is parent involvement.Teachers can only do so much for our children. We must continue helping at home.

Great facculty. Wonderful ensentives, And familiar atmosphere and people. NURSE ALSO DISCOVERED A LUMP IN MY SON'S THROAT THAT HAS LED ME TO AN ENT SPCLST, AND DISCOVERED IT IS A CYST THAT WILL REQUIRE AN OPERATION. CUDOS TO THEM.

My youngest is 6 and he loved this school last year and is really looking forward to going to school year this because he is going back there.

I have had no problems with this school. We have four children that go here so we have a variety of teachers and I love them all. I have seen nothing but care from the whole staff the two years that the children have been there! I wouldn't have my children anywhere else!

I have to say some of the teachers are just awesome only reason we have stayed at this school.Parent involvement is very low and they dont seem to try to get parents involved which really shows.If it wasnt being able to list teachers we would check out other local a schools.We have had some awesome teachers over the few years thats the only thing that has kept us there.

I have had no problems with this school. The teachers are nice and the school works with you

new principle this year is nice however its been awhile since anyone has wrote a review and my main concern with this school is the fact that it is still a c school and the security at this school is awful!

Last modified J.L. Wilkinson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.