Middleburg, FL

Posted June 02, 2014
Terrible, terrible school. Cold, rude, and unwelcoming staff. The papers my children are bringing home just seem to have random grades on them. When I requested a conference with my son's teacher multiple times, I was blown off. I want my kids out of here so badly. I feel that the grade on this school is false and misleading. This school should be a D at most. This school and staff will only meet the required minimums to be considered a school. Do not expect them to go even the slightest out of their way to help.

Posted April 06, 2014
I'm normally not the type to write reviews on anything, but as a parent I'm compelled to do so. I'm just so very unhappy with this school. There was an incident with a vice principal tugging on my child's shirt (he explained to me how she pulled him by his collar) and it was swept under the rug. I spoke to the principal and he insinuated that maybe my child confused a tap on the shoulder with her pulling on his collar (and all because she thought he did something that turned out to be another child)! I think ever since that incident and my "bringing something to their attention" my child has been looked at differently. I'm unhappy with his teacher, the staff, the principal... unfortunately everything.

Coppergate Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2013
I'm torn about this school. My child had a great kindergarten teacher here and that's about it. Everyone else (teachers, office staff, administration) are cold and unfriendly. I know the kids get a good education because it has always been an A school (now it is a B). I just wish I could LIKE the people at the school where I'm sending my child. I was glad to see I wasn't the only parent that felt this way on this site. The school grade is very important and so is FCAT, but it would be nice to hear nice things about the kids and see a smile once in a while, rather than constantly seeing unhappy people at parent pickup looking like they hate their jobs.

Posted May 14, 2013
Coppergate is great K-2. Once you start 3rd grade the teachers start going downhill. My child is in the 4th grade now and I am pulling him his last 2 years and move him over to Wilkinson or Middleburg Elementary. The fourth grade teachers as a whole are all very mean to the students. They make degrading remarks and some just mark grades on papers based on what I am not sure. My child brought home 10 graded papers that were all "C"'s. There where no marks indicating what was wrong or where the grade came from. When I went through the papers and checked myself 7 were 100% correct, 2 missed 1 and 1 missed 3. Her response, the work wasn't shown. I asked "Well was that asked of him", her response "no". I was told she would change the grades, but I doubt it.

Coppergate Elementary School 5

Posted May 27, 2012
Great school, great teachers I have 4 kids and I love how the teachers help my kids and the Principal has strong leadership. I love gifted program and Advance Classes at 6th graders great academy challenge.

Coppergate Elementary School 2

Posted June 29, 2010
As a parent, I felt the Teachers and the School, were cold, unhappy, and negative towards children and parents and grandparents. What ever happened to smiling, welcoming Teachers?

Coppergate Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2010
Coppergate has been an excellent school for my son. It is very clean, well orgnized, & has greaat teachers & staff.

Coppergate Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2010
I feel my grandson is getting a good education there. He is learning things that my granddaughters did not learn at their schools at the same age and grade.

Coppergate Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
The teachers are so wonderful! The kids are always smiling and laughing.. you can tell they just love going!

Coppergate Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2009
The faculty is wonderful and I wouldn't send my son to any other school!

Coppergate Elementary School
2250 County Road 209 North, Middleburg, FL  32068
Last modified Coppergate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coppergate Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top