Berryhill Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
The school is Berryhill Elementary in Milton, Florida. The thing that impressed me most was how helpful the staff was that I had a chance to meet and how they seem to take the safety of ALL the children the same for each child. The homework assignments are very organized for the students and helps the parents know what is expected each day. The only concern I have and I have questioned this and received no answer to date - is: "Why does the school system let the children out so early in the day? How will they get the need information to graduate if they do not go to school the entire day as the schools in the surrounding states?" Other than these questions I think the school is very adequate at teaching our children and WE as parents, grandparents and concerned citizens should support the school and the students in every way possible.

Posted December 12, 2011
The teachers and office staff have been great. My disappointment is the lack of parental involvement. There simply are no ongoing, regular opportunities to volunteer-just the once or twice a year fundraisers. None of my children's classes even had sign up sheets for room parents. Teachers are missing out on valuable help from parents who are left wondering "what can I do to help?". Other schools we've been at had well organized, well advertised opportunities for involvement which created a classroom environment in which parents and teachers knew each other and parents felt welcome. I miss that camaraderie which is a shame because it is the students who benefit from knowing their parents and others see their education as worthwhile.

Posted October 10, 2011
We moved here specifically for my child to go to this school and I have been pretty disappointed. This school "ain't all that". This is our second year here and I have to agree with the April 2011 reviewer. I have had a similar experience with the main office. It's pretty much a clipped "you're bothering me" response, or I get no answer at all. I was allowed to change my child's bus number after school without even producing identification. I didn't think about it until after I'd left. The lady never even asked my name! The saving grace last year was the teacher. Awesome lady, great communication. This year it's totally different. Teacher will not respond to my notes, much less call me as requested. They don't seem to want me in there, but they sure don't mind asking for money every time I turn around.

Posted April 21, 2011
is there a kindergarden graduation ceremony at berryhill elementary? if so please please e-mail me the particulars.

Berryhill Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2011
I am very disappointed in the staff, I am new to the area and I called to make an appointment to visit but the secretary asked me what my address was and she blew me off. She was unprofessional, as a Parent I know I have the right to choose. There rating maybe high but attitude is 0. Thank You P.S. I called today!

Posted July 20, 2009
My son is starting 3rd grade this year and he is reading at a 5th - 6th grade level His teachers have been guiding, encouraging, and fantastic I can't say enough wonderful things about Berryhill. I would recommend the school to any parent that wants their child to reach his potential.

Posted March 18, 2009
The school itself over all is okay. The principal does not allow the envolvement of the parents. The parents are passive, don't want to make waves. The children just go and come home. If there are problem students they are delt with while children who have higher aptitudes have to wait their turn to learn. The teachers can not do the job they want to do. There is no assistance for the teachers or students.

Posted March 16, 2009
I love this school. Both of my daughters attend. One is in Pre-K and the other is in 1st grade,and they absolutely love it there. The teachers they have had since they started there are the greatest, and I would recomend this school to anyone.

Posted November 21, 2008
I think that Berryhill is an excellent school. The teachers there are wonderful. We have been there for five years and not once have we had any problems. The parents there do a wonderful job in being active in the school. Great Job to everyone who puts there time into making this an excellent school

Berryhill Elementary School 0

Posted August 21, 2008
Best elementary school in the county! Teachers are the best and the most caring teachers you will ever meet. Mrs. Sulcer, Mrs. Coffey and Mrs. Bostwick made my kids want to go to school and loved all three years they were there.

Berryhill Elementary School
4900 Berryhill Road, Milton, FL  32570
Last modified Berryhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berryhill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top