456 students|Santa Rosa

Bad
Good

Overall a very good experience at BES. Staff and teachers are extremely friendly and helpful. My daughter has excelled beautifully thanks to the small classroom size. one improvement that could be made is the individual who works the from desk. Not very personable. Since she is the first face visitors encounter she could definitely stand to work on her "people skills", big time.

The teachers and staff are very helpful and friendly. They seem to care about every student and they try to keep the parents involved. The smarter students excel beyond county and state standards the ones who struggle get the help they need to make them successdul and feel welcomed and cared about.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have not seen one bad teacher there. Even with the diverse array of students in some classrooms the teachers are very knowledgeable and personable withe each student and their families.

To "a parent" posted January 22, 2015. This school is rated "D" for a reason, but I'm the idiot. My child is an A/B honor roll student. The teachers here were REQUIRED to attend a positive attitude class. Guess I'm not the only one who notice their bad attitude. Let me guess, you are a teacher at this school! Not a surprise!

My kid loves this school. She has improved greatly since she began here. To the parent that posted on Nov. 22nd, if you were experiencing problems 3 years in a row with different teachers/staff, then you might want to look at yourself. You seem to be the common denominator. If I were in your shoes, I would feel like an incompetent parent for not taking my child elsewhere or possibly seeing that I am the problem. Your last sentence states, my child will NOT be subjected to these people any longer than necessary to get her transferred. On what planet does it take close to 3 years to transfer schools? Some people are not happy unless they have something to complain about.

This school has a wonderful, family like feeling that I value so much as a parent. My child's teachers have been wonderful and it is obvious how much they love their students. The staff and teachers have always been warm and friendly toward my family and I appreciate their honesty.

The worst. This after 2 1/2 years of my child attending. Not enough room here to tell you how negative this teaching staff is or why I feel they deserve the D rating they were downgraded to this year. Negative teachers who shouldn't be allowed to teach. I was just told by a staff member that the entire staff has been required to take a course in positive thinking and attitude. Will not even begin to fix what is wrong at this school. The principle runs this asylum and I can not comprehend how she still has a job! Let's just say that my child will NOT be subjected to these people any longer than necessary to get her transferred.

Great little school! Both my kids attend Bagdad Elem and they love it. My son has ADHD and the teachers and staff were great about getting my son the help that he needed to achieve his academic goals. So glad that my kids go here and they get the one on one attention and respect of their teachers.

We just moved to Bagdad in January from San Antonio Texas and my son had trouble adjusting to his new school at first. As soon as his teachers recognized he was having trouble they informed me and did everything they could to help him. Now he is doing great! I'm very pleased with this school and its staff.

Great teachers! My kids have been going to this school since kindergarten. The teachers are very caring.

Last modified Bagdad Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.