Posted June 09, 2011
This is in response to the May 31, 2011 posting. The teachers are not allowed to leave the classroom to take 1 student somewhere else in the school, without another adult being present. The students are paired up together to go to the library, etc. As for the principal, leave her alone. She loves the students and is involved at EVERY school activity. The school is very safe for the students and staff. All of the double doors get locked after school starts, except for the one by the office. I give props to anyone who can manage up to 20 children in 1 class. Good job EME

East Milton Elementary School 3

Posted May 31, 2011
I do not think East Milton is a very safe school for young children. The school lets four and five year olds walk around alone in the hall ways and expect them to know there way through the school. The principle dresses innappropiately for an Eelementary school. Short tight skirts and high heels is not very professional. Children arent even allowed to wear such clothing. When the principle brother was shot, It was announced every day to pre k and kindergarden students that he was SHOT!! I cant imagine how scared those little children were hearing something like that every day. There definitley needs to be some changes and overall supervision on what goes on in this school.

Posted December 08, 2010
i went to eme and i loved it there it was the best school i ever went to!!! it was my favorite school in florida!!!

East Milton Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2010
I am a great grandmother of a student at EME and disagree 95% with the April 16, 2010 post. Not everyone in that school is like that. There may be a couple of teachers that don't return calls and I know they should. Particularly to parents/grandparents who are willing to help any way they can. I have only had one person be a little nasty to me and we got that settled wtthout any problem. Did it ever occur to anyone that it might be our own attitudes that cause the problem. Personally I wouldn't want the job of trying to keep so many children and parents happy. Just try to put yourself in EME's staff and teacher's shoes and walk in them for a week. My Mom and step-Mom together taught a combined total of 90 years so I know first hand what EME goes through. I applaud you all.

East Milton Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
communication with teachers at e.m.e. is awful!!! they don't return parent's phone calls,you can't call the school and talk to them ,the office staff is very rude!! other parent's have stated that if you want to have a conference with a teacher,and you do eventually get one,from then on you will be ignored,and your child will be only tolerated from then on.this has been proven in my experience to be true.it's alway's the child that forgot or lost something,the teacher's want admitt to making one little mistake.i would never recommend this school to anyone.pjt

Posted May 20, 2009
i love EME my spouce and his family all went there like 30 years ago and my dughter has gone scnce kg and she is in 5th now!I loveL EME and u should to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted July 28, 2008
East Milton Elementary is accommodating, student oriented, and safety minded. The school is accommodating to children with special needs.They have taken the time to hear parents concerns and help place our children in the best environment to work with his disability..My children pride themselves in attending EME ,There is Active involvement from teachers and principle ...They Work well with the parents...The staff members make every effort to ensure the children are receiving a quality education. The school is children oriented meaning that every activity at the school is carefully planned to ensure that the children are receiving a well rounded educational experience. The school is also safety minded in that no one can just show up unannounced in the school, which is very important in my opinion. They have procedures in place that helped me to feel comfortable that my children are in good hands even when I'm a worried

Posted July 08, 2008
This is an awesome school with a great staff! Parents are encouraged to volunteer and be an active part of their child's education. The principal, Mr. Johnson, and vice-principal, Ms. Hughes, are great and genuinely care for the children. If anyone is looking to move into the area and wondering about this school all I can say is it's a great place where you are treated like family!

East Milton Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2006
We have a great principal and caring staff. Welcoming to volunteers and input.

East Milton Elementary School
5156 Ward Basin Road, Milton, FL  32583
Last modified East Milton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Milton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top