W. H. Rhodes Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 855 students

Posted July 15, 2014

My child flourished at Rhodes! The teachers and staff were professional, dedicated, and always treated us with respect. My son is proud to have been a Junior Panther!

Posted August 26, 2012

I do not like this school. My children atteneded this school from 1999 to 2001. I do not feel the teachers teach very well and the guidance office personel were awful. Do not let your children attend this school. There are other options like virtual school if you can use someone elses address and have your child dropped off and pick them up at that address. Like my husband went to pace high in a milton disrtrict. HIs mother used his grandmothers address and picked him up after school. I pulled my older kids and they went to bagdad on my mothere in laws area and I picked them up there. Just a thought. My other children go to Bennett Rusell I love this school and EVERYONE there!

Posted August 19, 2012

I am unable to rate this school at this time. My daughter wil be attending 5th grade here this year, and she was transfered due to rezoning..:-(

Posted May 10, 2012

I have a child at this school and I have made my mind up that after all the problems I have had, I will do whatever I can to place my child in another school. There are some teacher that just want to preach the children need to be on drugs and I would love to when these teachers got there Doctor's Degree.

Posted May 2, 2012

Kids are not taught to attone for their actions. My son was deliberately injured by another student and was made to feel it was his fault by the staff at this school. I ended up paying for his medical bills ($3K worth) bc the school wouldn't help out. Their are good teachers here but they focus on the state tests in the spring. The principle is approachable but reminds me of a chamelon in his mannerisms. I have had 2 graduate from here and one currently enrolled. Unfortunately I can't have him transfered bc of where we live. Teachers are somewhat "selective' on which student they like and treat them accordingly.

Posted December 17, 2011

My son is in the kindergarten, I love his teacher mrs. Ukazim. Everyone greets you at the door and they most of the children name.

Posted December 16, 2011

Wonderful teachers so far at this school. I have not had one problem with the school at all and we are on our 3rd year there.

Posted May 2, 2010

I have had a bad exprience they pick which kids they like and dont like and then they treat them acordingly.... my kids will never atend this school again!!!!!!

Posted April 16, 2010

This school is a great school for learning. One of the top schools in Florida!

Posted April 4, 2010

my daughter went to rhodes k-5 she curently is a dual inrollment student w/ a 3.8 gpa. in11th grade. My son is currently in the 4th grade at rhodes. The teachers and staff are the best and give their all to the students. I have beena proud parent in this school for 12 years now. thanks rhodes!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 7, 2009

Finding this school was great. We moved here 2 years ago, we were looking for the best school first and second for a beautiful house, well, we have both. The principal is a Great person, so Mrs. Godwin. We are so glad because my daughter is doing great after the moving, you know..new friends, new school but everything is great. She had the best teachers in 2nd,3rd,she is now in 4th, and her teacher is Awesome. Something that I woutd like to ad, and I have seen this in other schools, is that The Students have a Diploma or an Award when the school year is over, because they have excellent attendance, or for being a A Honor student every year.That will be great for them, Don't you think?...I love the new track, Congratulations!

Posted October 29, 2008

I am a PJC student who is doing my Service Learning for a second year at W. H. Rhodes and I really love the teachers and the services that are provided at this institution. My only concerns about this school is, there are not enough parking spots. Along with extending the school, the grounds for parking should of been extended.

Posted October 24, 2008

This is an amazing school. I would love to send a shout-out to Mrs. Langham, my 1st grade (Now a 3rd grade) teacher. I love you and wish you the best in teaching!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 31, 2008

Like other residents of this town, we're in the military and our kids have been in different schools around the country. To me, this is the best School my kids have ever attended (2 so far); thy may nor have the best facilities as another military family pointed out, however, they have the BEST teachers I've known. Thank you Rhodes...

Posted February 15, 2008

The teachers at this school are wonderful, however I have found that the pricnipal and guidance to be lacking in their concern for what is in the best intrest of the students. I have had to fight to get testing done on my children and have had them inform me they don't believe my children need the services they qualify for. What ever happened to what was in the best intrest of the student?

Posted March 15, 2007

Rhodes is a GREAT school! I attended this school years ago as a child, back when it was named Oakhurst Elementary and now my daughter attends Kindergarten there! She absolutely LOVES this school and ALL of the staff! I would also like to HIGHLY RECOMMEND ~AMBER KIGHTLINGER! 'Mrs. K!' She is an 'Absolutely Awesome' Teacher and definitely deserves to be Teacher of the Year in my opinion! My daughter loves her so much, and it's a really good feeling to know my daughter is safe in her hands! The best part is that she has taught my daughter how to read on her own in less than 5 months! AMAZING!! Everyday my daughter comes home with a smile and talks so highly of everyone at this school! WAY TO GO MRS. K and Rhodes Elementary School! Keep up the Wonderful Job!

Posted March 13, 2007

I would just like to say I have been well pleased with W.H. Rhodes. My child is in second grade and she has an awesome teacher. I home schooled her through kindergarten and first grade and I was really concerned about putting her in school because it is a different setting for a child to have to adjust to. But the teacher has made it possible for her to adjust quickly. And she really had a hard time reading but now she is reading good. I am so proud of her. And I just want to say Thank You to W.H. Rhodes and Mrs. Hicks.

Posted March 5, 2007

We are a military family. So my children have attended 3 different elementary schools. The teachers at this school are mostly good. The facilities are over crowded and falling apart.They have a lot of portable class rooms. If you can send your kids to one of the newer schools I would recommend it.

Posted January 10, 2007

We have had past experience with W H Rhodes . My older son went to Rhodes when he was younger and now that I have a second grader she attends there. It's a wonderful school with the best education possible . We love the atmosphere there. Everyone is treated with respect and the students are well mannered. They have each child working at his or her own pace and teaching the best ever. Academics are very important to each and everyone involved , from the teacher , child , and parents. The principal is the best , he encourages parent indolent . He relates well with the kids . You can't beat Rhodes Elementary for educating your child . Try it you won't regret it.

Posted August 5, 2005

Rhodes Elementary is a fantastic school. I believe my daughters are recieving top quality education. The art and music programs are top notch. Physical education is stressed across the board--not just in the P. E. classes. Some of the best teachers in the county are employed at Rhodes.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

135 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

135 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

142 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

144 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

140 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

125 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MR. TOM KENNELL
Fax number
  • (850) 983-5672

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now