Milton, FL

Bennett C Russell Elementary School 3

Posted July 10, 2015
When I went to BRE I had amazing teachers and I was in this program called Soaring Cardinals where you go to NAS Pensacola and learn about Aircraft and Military Aviation but it's only for kids who have at least a 94.5 Grade Average. Also, it's what got me interested in Aircraft and now I want to to the U.S. Air Force Academy for college then join the Air Force as an Officer. My little brother got a terrible 3rd Grade Teacher and she was always looking for ways to get him in trouble. In 4th Grade it got worse he only got in trouble twice but for bullying both times it turned out to be a bunch of Baloney. But, thankfully he got the nicest 5th Grade teacher EVER !!! and now he never gets in trouble and is an AB honor roll student.

Posted April 06, 2015
My kids left this school and within three months were completely different kids. I mean different as in their behavior and for the worse. Not only were they being picked apart by the teacher but, the staff as well. They wanted to put my kid on pills and all kinds of other stuff that their pediatric doctor disagreed with completely. I have since put them back in BRE and will NEVER move away from this school until my kids can absorb the teachers vibe fully ending with the 5th grade. What makes a great school is compassion and understanding from staff and teachers...not just being smart or using cookie cutter excuses! The teachers here CARE and will go the extra mile. The proof is in the pudding! Thank you BRE we love you!!!

Posted September 15, 2012
I have two children currently attending Benny Russell and one child that has already moved on to middle school. I have not ever felt more blessed. I thank the Lord every night for such a blessing as this school!! We have been through several teachers with all my children and don't have complaints about any of them!! My kids love getting up and going to school. They make learning fun and All staff is just phenomenal!!!!! By the way, if you have a child in middle school, Avalon is right next door to Benny Russel and it is excellent as well!!!

Posted December 20, 2010
My children have been attending only for a semester, but I wish we had been here all along. The staff, teachers, and administration are friendly, helpful and accessible. The teachers seem to really love their jobs. My son's teacher identified him as gifted in the first 2 weeks of school - something Pea Ridge Elementary said he was unqualified for during the 2 years he went there. This is an exceptional school. My daughter has participated in the 5th grade chorus and loved it - the music teacher is amazing! I would highly recommend this school, especially to my fellow military families.

Posted April 01, 2010
Our 10 yr old son attends Russell. We only have good things to say about it. The staff and teachers are wonderful, informative and organized. Students and family involvement are the highest priorities here. There are lots of activities and field trips organized for students at this school (which is a disappearing commodity at many Florida schools). The educational standards are higher at this school than other schools our son has attended... It is a great FL school.

Posted September 09, 2009
When the district got rezoned my son went from Berryhill Elem to Bennett C Russell we are very pleased with this school & staff and the teachers are excellent!!!!

Posted January 06, 2009
Both of my girls attend this school and I can't say enough good things about it. The principal is an excellent leader and the teachers go above and beyond to help students achieve success.

Posted October 13, 2008
this is a great school my kids love this school they get up on time just to see the teachers

Posted August 21, 2008
Both my kids went there last year and had alot of problems, from the lunch room to ways that one of my kids teacher way of teaching. They didn't want to go back this year.

Posted August 18, 2008
my son attened this school last year (5th grade) and he loved it! The whole staff at the school were reawly great!

3740 Excalibur Way, Milton, FL  32583
Last modified Bennett C Russell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bennett C Russell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top