Posted October 03, 2014
I'm glad my children attend this school. The principal is very involved and enthusiastic. She cares about the students. The iPad program has worked out well for us. As with all schools, there are the good, the bad and the mediocre teachers...but we have found far more good than bad. They have a good selection of AP classes and I feel my children are being well prepared for college. Athletics do play a big part, but I don't think that is uncommon for any school this size. Excellence is acknowledged on an academic basis as well. Whenever I have had a problem, I have brought it to the administration in a polite and professional manner and I have been treated politely and professionally in return. We have always been able to come up with an acceptable compromise. Bullying was a minor issue for us at one point, but the support available was acceptable. You can't blame the school for the actions of a few idiots. Every village has some. The school is not perfect, but perfect high school sounds like an oxymoron to me. I give them a 4.5 out of 5.

Posted August 22, 2014
Well, I don't know where to start. They are very babyish because on half days they will close the gates until they announce walkers because they don't want you to "go in the wrong car"! It took them more than an hour to announce walkers. My next reason, I can't stress enough, the IPads are awful!!! They always have some kind of problem and if a student's IPad dies or if they didn't receive an e-mail then they will miss something important. They say that you don't have o have one but the teachers expect it and they depend on it as if it was their lives. IPads are a complete waste of money, people steal them, they make it harder to do and submit work, and are a hassle!!!!!! It is imperative that the school gets rid of IPads or other electronic devices!!!!!!!!! Also, they are too busy focusing on the "EOC" that they never even mention the SAT which are 10 times more important!!!! These are just a few of the reasons I do not like this school!!

Posted August 18, 2014
I am very disappointed with the way classes are assigned. I had thought my son actually had a chance to finally get his art elective during his senior year. Apparently that is not the case. He was assigned a weightlifting class that wasn't even requested. I suspect there are lower classmen in that art class as well. I expressed this concern at the end of the previous year and was told it wouldn't be a problem. Then a week before the start of the year I'm told I can't be guaranteed! I even have the conversation in writing! The facilities are fantastic but the administration is sorely lacking.

Posted August 14, 2014
This school is honestly quite good. I've never had any problems with getting bullied, like I did in other schools. They offer some interesting classes, however sometimes it is difficult to get into the ones you ask for. I've had some amazing teachers, with a few exceptions of course. The athletics and art departments are some of the best that I've seen, although the school will focus a bit too much on the athletics and not give the other students quite as much attention/

Posted June 04, 2014
Their Fine arts program is very good. For a recently founded school, they have done exceptional in taking the FFCC championships by storm and taking the first place medals. Their theater has made history by winning all three main categories in the Cappies in Florida. Their Choir is one of the top in lake county and scored superiors in MPA. They are really going places and I'm excited to see how they will grow in the future years.

Posted May 24, 2014
To offer input to the concerned parent, I must say that bullying will be a problem no matter where you go. Lake Minneola has a bullying issue, which is not uncommon. The major problem with Lake Minneola is that the faculty and staff are way too concerned with the athletic teams. The athletes get so much more praise and respect than the students that perform well academically. Some of the teachers even give extra credit to athletes, which I find really unfair. The staff and students here need to focus more on academics, otherwise I would give this school 4 stars.

Posted May 10, 2014
I'm concerned about the bullying comments with this school. We are relocating and considering this area. I'm second guessing that decision now, Any input?

Lake Minneola High School 5

Posted April 24, 2014
This school is the most amazing school ever built. The teachers are just wonderful, especially this teacher named Dr.Johnson is an amazing, nice, caring teacher. It's a great atmosphere and a clean lovely campus for your child to attend. BULLYING FREE.

Posted January 22, 2014
This school seems wonderful, but it is soooo over crowded! That principal takes all the top athletes from other area schools so that our zoned students cannot participate! Furthermore, classes are all full so you get stuck with useless classes. Other area schools have gone down because it is no longer balanced! This is unfair to all students attending high school in south Lake county.

Posted December 14, 2013
If I could give this school negative stars, I would. The school is terrible. Teachers are rude, often cruel, lazy, and frequently bully the students. Administration is filled with dishonest and downright mean staff. Guidance counselors provide no guidance or help in any way. Students are often bullied with no consequences for the bully. The school is set up like a prison. I was verbally, and on one occasion, physically assaulted by a staff member. When I went to complain, the cameras were conveniently down that day. I've seen special needs students bullied by teachers and other staff, and I've watched students go home crying after a teacher has spoken to them. Don't bother trying to tell any of the principals though, they'll admittedly side with the teacher to avoid conflict. If at all possible, go to any other high school. Send your children to any other high school. This school needs serious help and the narcissistic and horribly rude teachers need to be replaced. This school HAD potential. That potential has dwindled away. Ask any student there that isn't on a sports team and has attended for at least one full year how they feel you'll get a true idea of the truth I'm telling.

Lake Minneola High School
101 North Hancock Road, Minneola, FL  34715
Last modified Lake Minneola High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Minneola High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top