1,086 students|Lake

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son has attended Minneola for two years now. The first year I had concerns on the level of education he was receiving. I voiced my concerns, and the school listened. I was not ignored. Administration was open to hear everything I had to say, and changes that benefited my son's education where made. I can truly say as a parent "I have a say", and the school works as a team with parents. No school is perfect and they can't be, just like our children are not perfect. The staff at Minneola take parental concerns seriously and this is key in providing a great education.

Minneola is a wonderful, supportive school in which my two children thrive. I feel part of a large, extended family. My face is recognized at the front desk and I have constant feedback from all who take part in my children's learning. I feel blessed to have gotten my children into Minneola when I did. There isn't anything I would change about our time there. I love to come in and volunteer and work with the wonderful facility and teachers.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Terrible school it should be shut down it's a disgrace to the Minneola community as well as Lake County!

Terrible school it does not even have enough space to accommodate Minneola students it is an embarrassment to Lake County!

I wish that someone would get rid of the microphoned monitor that scolds the children throughout lunch. I wish that parents were warmly welcomed to volunteer in the classrooms, the library and other places on campus. I wish that parents were allowed to pay for their own background checks so the school would not limit parent volunteers.

We have loved this school. My son is going into 4th grade and we are sad we are moving away from MES this year, he has been there since K. Music is a big part of Minneola as every year the students get to participate in a musical. The reading enrichment programs have been wonderful as the students break out into groups based on their reading skills so they can be challenged based on their level. My son was also in the ELC program during the school year and sometimes during the summer, he loved it and as long as I told the ELC director that we wanted him to do his homework there, it would be done and he would have help as he needed it. We are moving to a school in Orlando that is rated a 10 on this site but I still leave Minneola with a heavy heart because this school has been such a happy place for my son.

It is doing a great job keeping up with changing times, yet they are still taking care of their returning students with providing transportation.

This is a great school. I didn't vote five stars because I believe their is always room for improvement. Thank you Ms.D wilson for making the new year a warm and welcoming one. This is the fourth child that has attended this school and they did well. Thank you faculty and staff. You are all Great! Mrs. Anthill my daughter thinks you are the best teacher in the world. As a parent, that means the world to me.

It all depends on the teacher that your child gets. I have two children that have spent two years each in the school. Of the four teachers my children have had, only one (Ms. Raines), is a good teacher.

My son started here at MES this year. We have had the most amazing experience and his teacher, Mrs. Larkin is exceptional. No doubt we made the right choice selecting MES. Thanks for a great Kindergarten experience.

Last modified Minneola Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.