1,086 students|Lake

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Minneola Elementary School 4

Posted March 16, 2016
My son has attended Minneola for two years now. The first year I had concerns on the level of education he was receiving. I voiced my concerns, and the school listened. I was not ignored. Administration was open to hear everything I had to say, and changes that benefited my son's education where made. I can truly say as a parent "I have a say", and the school works as a team with parents. No school is perfect and they can't be, just like our children are not perfect. The staff at Minneola take parental concerns seriously and this is key in providing a great education.

Posted October 21, 2015
Minneola is a wonderful, supportive school in which my two children thrive. I feel part of a large, extended family. My face is recognized at the front desk and I have constant feedback from all who take part in my children's learning. I feel blessed to have gotten my children into Minneola when I did. There isn't anything I would change about our time there. I love to come in and volunteer and work with the wonderful facility and teachers.

Minneola Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 17, 2015
Terrible school it should be shut down it's a disgrace to the Minneola community as well as Lake County!

Minneola Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2015
Terrible school it does not even have enough space to accommodate Minneola students it is an embarrassment to Lake County!

Minneola Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2015
I wish that someone would get rid of the microphoned monitor that scolds the children throughout lunch. I wish that parents were warmly welcomed to volunteer in the classrooms, the library and other places on campus. I wish that parents were allowed to pay for their own background checks so the school would not limit parent volunteers.

Posted August 05, 2014
We have loved this school. My son is going into 4th grade and we are sad we are moving away from MES this year, he has been there since K. Music is a big part of Minneola as every year the students get to participate in a musical. The reading enrichment programs have been wonderful as the students break out into groups based on their reading skills so they can be challenged based on their level. My son was also in the ELC program during the school year and sometimes during the summer, he loved it and as long as I told the ELC director that we wanted him to do his homework there, it would be done and he would have help as he needed it. We are moving to a school in Orlando that is rated a 10 on this site but I still leave Minneola with a heavy heart because this school has been such a happy place for my son.

Posted August 24, 2013
It is doing a great job keeping up with changing times, yet they are still taking care of their returning students with providing transportation.

Minneola Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
This is a great school. I didn't vote five stars because I believe their is always room for improvement. Thank you Ms.D wilson for making the new year a warm and welcoming one. This is the fourth child that has attended this school and they did well. Thank you faculty and staff. You are all Great! Mrs. Anthill my daughter thinks you are the best teacher in the world. As a parent, that means the world to me.

Minneola Elementary School 2

Posted July 06, 2013
It all depends on the teacher that your child gets. I have two children that have spent two years each in the school. Of the four teachers my children have had, only one (Ms. Raines), is a good teacher.

Posted January 15, 2013
My son started here at MES this year. We have had the most amazing experience and his teacher, Mrs. Larkin is exceptional. No doubt we made the right choice selecting MES. Thanks for a great Kindergarten experience.

Minneola Elementary School
320 East Pearl Street, Minneola, FL  34715
Last modified Minneola Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.