Public charter
Minneola, FL
Students enrolled: 1,018

Posted August 05, 2014
We have loved this school. My son is going into 4th grade and we are sad we are moving away from MES this year, he has been there since K. Music is a big part of Minneola as every year the students get to participate in a musical. The reading enrichment programs have been wonderful as the students break out into groups based on their reading skills so they can be challenged based on their level. My son was also in the ELC program during the school year and sometimes during the summer, he loved it and as long as I told the ELC director that we wanted him to do his homework there, it would be done and he would have help as he needed it. We are moving to a school in Orlando that is rated a 10 on this site but I still leave Minneola with a heavy heart because this school has been such a happy place for my son.

Posted August 24, 2013
It is doing a great job keeping up with changing times, yet they are still taking care of their returning students with providing transportation.

Minneola Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
This is a great school. I didn't vote five stars because I believe their is always room for improvement. Thank you Ms.D wilson for making the new year a warm and welcoming one. This is the fourth child that has attended this school and they did well. Thank you faculty and staff. You are all Great! Mrs. Anthill my daughter thinks you are the best teacher in the world. As a parent, that means the world to me.

Minneola Elementary School 2

Posted July 06, 2013
It all depends on the teacher that your child gets. I have two children that have spent two years each in the school. Of the four teachers my children have had, only one (Ms. Raines), is a good teacher.

Posted January 15, 2013
My son started here at MES this year. We have had the most amazing experience and his teacher, Mrs. Larkin is exceptional. No doubt we made the right choice selecting MES. Thanks for a great Kindergarten experience.

Posted August 26, 2012
All three of my children have attend Minneola Elementary Charter School. I am very satisfied with the quality of teachers, staff and Principles involvment with the students. I am only sad that when they finish at Minneola Elementary they don't have a great middle school to attend.

Minneola Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2011
i did not like this school i was in the class of kim dison she did not like teaching i moved on to imagine south lake a school with a world class education all good grades but maintain a good grade to stay in the school i do not have to go to ese because i was ready to leave last year submitted by student

Minneola Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2011
They should rename the school Reaves penitentiary. Hope the rumor is true that she's leaving after this year. Maybe then the kids can be kids.

Minneola Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2011
The Pre-k teachers are very good with children as well as my daughters 5th grade teacher. Cant say much for the others! Drop off and pickup of students needs improvement. Children are rushed in and out of vehicles. Very rude staff at the drop off and pickup line. Glad my daughter will be moving on to another school next year! Will not be returning with my son for kindergarten.

Posted October 18, 2011
I have two daughters who go to Minneola and love it! They do give stuff on very short notice, but you just have to make sure that you are communicating with their teachers, like you should be anyway. Both of my girls have had great teachers and the ESE Gifted program has been great for my oldest, which is why we chose to come here.

Minneola Elementary School
320 East Pearl Street, Minneola, FL  34715
Last modified Minneola Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minneola Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top