999 students|Lake

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted April 15, 2016
I love this school. My daughter has been there from K-2nd. She has excelled in every subject. Teachers and staff have all been very friendly and welcoming. Front office staff is amazing. My younger child will be starting Kindergarten there this fall. I would recommend this school to everyone! Best in the area!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 15, 2016
Mrs. Matey and Mrs. Murphy are amazing teachers. They seem to really care about their kids. Front office staff rocks!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 15, 2016
Best teachers ever! I have been so impressed with the teachers my child has had.

Grassy Lake Elementary School 2

Posted October 16, 2015
My family and I recently relocated to Florida to give ourselves a better life and more opportunities my child had no choice but to be enrolled in this school it's only been 1 month since school started and my child has came home twice with headlice I believe the school is nasty and the people who work in it are in denial before we relocated my child never had headlice and since she's been at Grassy lakes she's had it twice in one month.....I treated it she was given a clean bill of health I was reassured they check EACH child's head EVERY Friday well clearly that's a LIE IF that were the truth my child wouldn't have had headlice twice with full grown headlice bugs within two weeks from being treated the last time at this school I'm doing my part at home as the parent they need to do their part as a clean and sterilizing staff.....I think that school is is denial and a bunch of liars and I have a paper towel full of dead headlice full grown bugs to prove it.....my advice to parents is check your children's hair for live cuz grassy lakes staff say they do but CLEARLY THEY DO NOT......In the process of trying to get my child moved to another school there is definitely a epidemic with headlice going on in that school and it is disgusting.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 16, 2015
No.... Not only do I feel they do not respect or have compassion for the children I believe they do it have it for the patents and care takers as well

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 16, 2015
I believe the staff are their for a paycheck I honestly do not believe the staff at that school do not have our children's best interest at heart

Grassy Lake Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
This school had the nastiest and rudest people in the office and the teachers are not very nice either . Maybe the office people ought to learn how to speak to people and how to treat them

Posted October 08, 2013
We love the school. The teachers and staff members are great. Are grandson has had three great teachers in three years.And now are granddaughter is going there too.

Grassy Lake Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2010
Overall I think GLES is a great school . I personaly think that the school gives a lil to much responsibility, but with amazing resaults.

Posted March 29, 2010
My son attended Lost Lake Elementary for second grade and the first quarter of third grade. We then moved and he was enrolled at Grassy Lake. My son's new teacher was very supportive throughout his transition. He was expected to catch up on their classroom assignments in a short amount of time and did really well. As the school year is approaching the end, I have noted strong differences between LLES and GLES. My son has been afforded more challenges and opportunties. Homework is not mundane and repetitive. They have assigned more projects and a research paper. Online learning is a requirement not an option (such as the FCAT Explorer program and Raz Kids). After his experience at GLES, I feel like the curriculum at LLES was on 'auto pilot.' The teacher has been informative throughout her web site/emails. She has helped my son become a more responsible student.

1100 Fosgate Road, Minneola, FL  34715
Last modified Grassy Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.