Minneola, FL

Grassy Lake Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Grassy Lake Staff and teachers work hard because they care. They push my child to be a better student. The office staff greets you with a smile, every staff member that works there is friendly whether they work in the cafeteria, janitor service, resources, etc. The teachers really do their best to provide a safe and fun environment for the students. The principal Ms. Cole keeps parents informed with automated calls to remind us of special events going on through out the year and reminders of days off, etc. I can't speak for every single teacher at this school, but those I have come in contact with because of my children have proven themselves 100 times over. My child was bullied by another student in kindergarten and I sent an email to the principal asking that my child not be put in any future classes with the bully and my child is now in 4th grade and my request has still been upheld without me having to send anymore emails.

Grassy Lake Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2014
This school had the nastiest and rudest people in the office and the teachers are not very nice either . Maybe the office people ought to learn how to speak to people and how to treat them

Posted October 08, 2013
We love the school. The teachers and staff members are great. Are grandson has had three great teachers in three years.And now are granddaughter is going there too.

Grassy Lake Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2010
Overall I think GLES is a great school . I personaly think that the school gives a lil to much responsibility, but with amazing resaults.

Posted March 29, 2010
My son attended Lost Lake Elementary for second grade and the first quarter of third grade. We then moved and he was enrolled at Grassy Lake. My son's new teacher was very supportive throughout his transition. He was expected to catch up on their classroom assignments in a short amount of time and did really well. As the school year is approaching the end, I have noted strong differences between LLES and GLES. My son has been afforded more challenges and opportunties. Homework is not mundane and repetitive. They have assigned more projects and a research paper. Online learning is a requirement not an option (such as the FCAT Explorer program and Raz Kids). After his experience at GLES, I feel like the curriculum at LLES was on 'auto pilot.' The teacher has been informative throughout her web site/emails. She has helped my son become a more responsible student.

Grassy Lake Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2010
Agree with the lack of wanting to move children. I know they have their reasons children are in each class, but believe it or not the parents do know when there isn't a good fit for their child. Love99% of the teachers, but the principal needs to be 'jumping on any issues the parents feel strongly about!

Grassy Lake Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2010
My Son has always been an A+ student, coming from Lost Lake and now Grassy Lake. This year, we discover he was absolutely incompatible with his new teacher and his grades went down dramatically. He begged to be moved to another class and so we requested the principal's office, over and over. However, our request was totally ignored. I am very disappointed at the way the issue was (or was not) handled by the principal's office. This year felt like torture to my son who, up to now, has always been excited to go to school.

Posted March 01, 2010

Posted January 27, 2010
i love the school. they have great kids and teachers.cool manners 2.awesome learning also.my favorite teachers are mrs.rozar,mr.garcia,miss smith,and mr.stalnaker.thats all the comments for now.there is more.good bye

Posted May 06, 2009
This is an 'A' school in my books, the teachers take their time to educate the students, at first I taught it was too much for my fourth grader but then I saw the results; and I'm a very proud mom ;-) Thank you G.L.E.

Grassy Lake Elementary School
1100 Fosgate Rd, Minneola, FL  34715
Last modified Grassy Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grassy Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top