Miramar, FL
Before care: Yes

Miramar Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2013
This school was great when Mr. Bullock was the principal, then things changed fast when he left. They got rid of his replacement and put a new principal in, so we are hopeful that things will turnaround for the better. Seems like she is heading on a positive path but time will tell.

Posted June 05, 2013
My Son has attended Miramar Elementary School for the last two years and as a parent I have to say the principal and staff are fantastic! My son's first grade teacher Ms. Foster is an amazing person, who challenged my son throughout the year and the end results proved it! He scored a 100% on both the reading and math state test and made us proud! Thank you Miramar Elementary and Ms. Foster for making this year amazing!

Posted December 07, 2012
This school has been so great, and teachers as well the staff are always involved trying to help our children. thank you for ll your everything you do!!!

Miramar Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2012
Miramar elementary is falling in it's standards and PTA involvement under the direction of Brito. The school's scores are falling and she has been reported at the district level by several parents. The school was so much better under Mr. Bullock. He was great. He ensured all teachers were applying for grants and only hired teachers with the best skills. Sad to say those skills are diminishing under the new principal. I'm moving my daughter next year.

Posted January 26, 2012
As a PTA, SAC and SAG member, I REALLY love what I know about the school; both from the perspective of my child and then from the administrators. Mrs. Brito is a wonderfully caring principal and her staff are equally concerned about the children's success. They did not meet AYP this year- but it was not for a lack of trying. Language barriers and access to tools for success play a major role here. The school benefits from Title 1 funding and can offer children meals and tutoring, if they are deficient in any area. "Title 1" is not a dirty word and I am proud to say that SOMEONE is knowledgable enough to know that a good meal, a great book and perhaps advances in technology are keys to success.

Posted June 07, 2010
Mr. Bullock is the best thing to happen to Miramar Elementary. All the children and parents love him. He addresses any and every issue or concern that a parent can have and deals with it on the spot. I am greatly saddened by the news of his departure and really hope that the other principal can do half of what Mr. Bullock did for Miramar Elementary. I hope they bring him back to Miramar Elementary.

Miramar Elementary School 0

Posted March 15, 2010
Iam very happy with this ,I love the teacher and student .

Posted September 14, 2009
Another year at Miramar Elementary, and another A. What else can you expect when you have the best principal and teachers in the whole wide world. Everyone goes out of their way to help the kids. Mr. Bullock expects his staff, the students, and even us the parents to give 100% for the school and we all do. Never seen anything like it. Its all good.

Posted July 15, 2009

Posted June 22, 2008
the teachers and staff of this school help in so many ways... they care for every child as they are family. the PTA is actively involved in everything and continues to wrok closely with the school parents and kids. PAL is apart of the school as we have our own cop there.(off. Brooks) The PAL kids take on the teachers in football for the whole school to watch and enjoy! The school has constant workshops for parents and kids for many differant subjects as reading, math, parenting issues etc. Along with all these things we have a Art Night, a carnival for the kids and talent show of the teachers performing to help raise money for the school. EVERYONE ON THE STAFF IS ACTIVLY INVOLVED. i love that. The NRT and F-CAT scores keep us on top of the charts for elementary schools in florida.

Miramar Elementary School
6831 Southwest 26th Street, Miramar, FL  33023
Last modified Miramar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miramar Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top