Miramar, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 04, 2014
This school has brought in many new highly qualified teachers to enhance instruction and student programs.

Posted August 22, 2014
Don't Attend this school. Worst School in Miramar, I went to the meet the teachers meeting and it was a waste of time didn't learn anything. I was told by the teachers they will send the information on the first day of school and i'm still waiting. The school is so disorganized, they had no orientation, don't know whats going on in the school, the teachers didnt know how to send the kids to class or even how to organized drop off and pick up, The main office is the worst, there is no communications between anyone. I was told by the vice principal one thing but nothing was was done about it. the location changes by the day. The staff don't care the parents dont care so there is no improvement. There are no groups for the school no PTA, the school website is out of date since last year. The school supply list is different than what my child gave me so i wasted money on supplies he will not use this year. There should not be a uniform color because i see student come to the school in whatever color. if i can take my kids out of this school i would have so if you can avoid this school please do. They dont deserve that one star!!!

Posted May 20, 2014
Fairway Elementary School have improved DRASTICALLY. The second you walk into the front office you are welcomed with a warm smile and greeting by a young lady name Ms. Gilbert. Administration is usually visible before and after school. I would say the teacher there are friendly and will contact parents with any issues they may have. There is a teacher in particular who I appreciate to the maximum and that is Fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Natasha Jean. She is a motivator, team player, talented, oversees mostly EVERY extracurricular activities at Fairway and most importantly an AWESOME teacher. There are times Mrs. Jean would sit down and explain homework assignments with me so I can assist my son at home. Her notes are extremely helpful. My son went from a struggling reader/writer to a proficient reader on the honor roll. She also taught my daughter many years ago who is currently in the 11th grade. Her teaching skills, relationship with students and parents is remarkable. I sure hope that administration knows how awesome she is. I can see Mrs. Jean being a GREAT principal one day. Fairway is a great school that is overlooked by many. I am a proud parent of Fairway Elementary School

Posted May 09, 2014
Fairway has many outstanding teacher who care about the kids and work very hard but the new administration is horrible. I have seen the way she treats the staff and teachers; very disrespectful often raising her voice. I have also been in the office and heard her speaking badly about her teachers to others in the office. Parent involvement is not sought out at the school either. We are not treated like partners. I have seen many good teachers leave the school in the past few years and I am sure the good teachers will continue to leave. My child has also mentioned that there are many discipline problems at the school. He says the kids misbehave and nothing is done. They are always sent back to class to continue acting up. I DO NOT recommend this school to any parent. There are too many issues that are being overlooked.

Fairway Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2014
fairway is a very good school on what they have. They need more personal in the school they only have one person in the front desk. you never see the cop that works in the school the only thing you see is the car. what I don't like is that they don't sing you in so that mean that anyone can go in or out if they know your face its a go. I also believe that they need more fixing around the school. They work with what they have and they are nice they do need help with more staff and the police that works there needs to help so the parents can know that there kids stay safe in school.

Posted August 19, 2010
I will admit I was a little hesitant to have to place my daughter at this school, but I was in for a great surprise! I don't know where the renewed interest and determination came in for this school but based on my daughters learned skills throughout the year, I've become a believer. Perhaps it was the new principle, or new teachers there has been a turnaround. I suspect that they will surely be an A school by next year. There were no instances of fighting or bullying--they rule with a (gentle but firm) iron hand. I was involved and participated in numerous outings and classroom functions and was welcomed always to speak with the teachers and check in on my child's progress. I'm really happy with the experience and look forward to an even better year.

Posted August 24, 2009

Posted August 15, 2008
I changed my daughter to Fairway thinking that this would be an improvement. I am very disappointed in the office employees and counselors. I learned that the only way to get thru to the office staff and principles, is by being extra tough! I do not recommend this school and regret my decision 100%. However, Mrs. Haxton is a wonderful first grade teacher that was willing to sell her used books to purchase supplies and assist in field trips for her class room.

Posted July 22, 2008

Posted February 04, 2008
Fairway Elementary with Ms Hanna was a great school where students, teachers and parents were all treated as though we shared a common goal. The education of our kids. The new principal seems determined to remove motivation from the students, involvment from the parents and desire from the teachers. She closed the campus without notifing us parents and I had tremendous problems picking up my child. She has removed the extracurricular activities that usually do a great job to keep my daughters grades up so she can participate. The teachers are undermined and are not motivated. They regularly volunteered for extra instruction but this year 2007-2008 there have been many cancellations. This prinipal has taken a B school and will make it be a D school. I am very disappointed with her leadership.

Fairway Elementary School
7850 Fairway Boulevard, Miramar, FL  33023
Last modified Fairway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairway Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top