Posted December 05, 2014
Parents please DO NOT send your child to this school. This is the first year my child is attending this school and he will not be attending this school next year if I am able to get him into another school. If you have the choice to send your child somewhere else or home school, please do so.The teachers do not teach. My child is in the IB program and its not worth it. He is taking AP classes, Pre-IB and honors classes. The teachers are terrible in all of his classes. They do not teach your child what he/she needs to know. The smart kids who come into this school will leave feeling like they did not learn anything. This school actually makes your child dumber NOT smarter. This school is only an "A" school because of the IB and AP students who actually try to learn stuff on their own NOT because the teachers are teaching them anything. If you value education and you actually want your child to learn something. Please send your child somewhere else or home school your child.

Posted September 17, 2013
Me, my son, and daughter all moved to Miami due to a job transfer. I had no choice due to this home school mumbo jumbo. We used to live in Fort Myers,Fl. I must say Ft. Myers wasnt much...it had amazing schools. They have no type of clubs that are interseting to join. I prefer my kids to go back to Fort Myers High School.Ft. Myers wasnt much.it had amazing schools. Miramar High school is for no student to attend. Theirs constant fights, Drug test, The staff is full of bad teachers, and dont listen to them about that they have gotten reopened and their better then they were befor.if you ask me no their not. They have no type of clubs that are interseting to join.They also don't respond to anything they always have these arrogant senior students in the front doing stuff even the teachers act like they dont want your child their. My son and daughter were great kids A+ students. Now they are terrified of even going to school. This school/district should be ashamed of themselves..they deserve ZERO stars.

Posted August 13, 2013
Miramar IB/AP program is a joke. The teachers do a horrible job in preparing the students for the AP test. Most of these teachers are lecturing instead of teaching and care more about just surviving the year rather than caring if the students pass. The whole program needs a make over.

Miramar High School 2

Posted July 25, 2013
The school needs to hold teacher's and adminstrators responsible for their poor academics The majority of the AP teachers are very poor and the administration does nothing about it. They support the inept teachers. If your child is bright and IB or AP material do yourself a big favor and go somewhere else to learn. Do not meet with the prinicpal until you have your discussion with the superintendent. Be PERSISTENT with the superintendent. This school needs NEW LEADERSHIP. The "A" is because of the AP students who would succeed whereever they attend school.

Posted May 23, 2013
If the public only knew what this school really has to offer, they would be horrified. All of the good teacher are running out of the school in droves. The school has extremely poor leadership and the current state definitely reflects that.

Posted February 19, 2013
As a former student of Miramar high school I must say the school has improved a lot. When I was their I was a sophomore 2006-2007, but after that year I transferred to Everglades to complete my high school years. Anyways the learning their was sub-par, I wasn't in IB or magnet programs but I heard those were tough as well. At times I'd here people comparing Miramar and Everglades, but honestly they're about the same. Now Miramar is an A school for two years straight. So I just wanna say Miramar is a great place for students to learn. Yes you do have the bad apples in the tree but that's at any school, so the best thing to do is ignore them. Lastly parents must keep up with their children's school work. At this school if your waiting for a teacher to call you he/she won't unless it's something bad, then again that was back then and since then the school has seen so much growth
2 people found this helpful

Miramar High School 3

Posted February 13, 2013
I currently attend Miramar High, and I must say, if your child is not planning to be in the IB program, do not bother going out of your way to send them here. Our principal constantly boasts about our being an "A" school, but never gives credit to whom the credit belongs to. Never have I heard him once congratulate the AP/IB students who are the reason behind that letter grade. Seriously, the teachers are so poor in quality. You can just tell which teachers care about the students, and which teachers only care about the test scores. It's pathetic. Not to mention the horrible condition of the school. Walking through the hallways, all you can smell is mold. The environment is just daunting. I'm taking 3 AP classes, 2 Pre-IB classes (I'm a sophomore) and an honors. If not for the type of student and person that I am, I would be getting into horrid things with horrid people. The good thing, however, is that everyone in IB is like one big culturally diverse family. I love it :) Unfortunately the program is so challenging, that this year, students have been dropping out of IB like flies. The school deserves rate of 3. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted March 05, 2012
First and foremost, As a student I must say that the school has definitely improved since Faso became principal. I like to see how active he is around the campus and really makes an effort to communicate with the student body. It's also nice to see something other than football getting attention too. We finally made an "A" school this year and I'm pretty confident it's because of the Ap/IB students. My only complaints are that I'd like to see a greater emphasis on SAT/ACT prep in class. After all, the point in high school is getting to college. FCAT is rather basic and holds no merit outside of Florida. We should focus on more real world applications of our knowledge. This school has made so many improvements. The kids inside of the programs are very accepting of all cultures and form strong connections with each other. Of course you have the bad eggs of the campus, but you hardly encounter them if you're doing what your supposed to do.

Posted November 14, 2011
A former student of miramar high's IB program the school it's self is really good has improved much since a decade ago. My only complaint is that the ap teachers throw too much work at you assuming that you can do it because you're an IB student. Most of the students themselves are open minded and diverse room for just about everyone to fit in. My only complaint is security guards are biased and drugs are the only problem.

Miramar High School 5

Posted November 08, 2011
I am a parent of an IB student at this school. I think the administration is incredible and the teachers are great. They have given my son an opportunity to succeed and with determination and much hard work, he is doing just that. I think this school is wonderfully diverse and appreciate all of the student involvement in band, chorus, athletics, etc. Iam proud to be a Patriot parent.

Miramar High School
3601 Southwest 89th Avenue, Miramar, FL  33025
Last modified Miramar High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miramar High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top