Miramar, FL
Before care: Yes

Silver Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted December 05, 2013
I wouldn't rate this school the worse but i wouldn't rate it the best. I'm torn with my feelings. I think the academic part could be better, I have mixed feelings on the staff and the level of care and attention to details. I've had to go to the school to many times regarding my son and bullying. I feel like I have to give him extra work because its not challenging enough. I really like his 3rd grade teacher but I think she is restricted by the higher powers on what she is allowed to teach and how she can react to students and their behavior. all and all its ok. Just get involved.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is an excellent school. The staff is very caring. The parents are highly involved. My sons' teachers have all been very competent. I'm very glad to have such a good school close to home.

Silver Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2013
My son was a student since Kindergarten to 2nd grade. The education focuses in the lowest grade students; therefore they do not care about the kids in the average and above average level. For example, the 2nd grade math level was a review of the first grade math course and multiplication and division were not part of the 2nd grade curriculum. My son came back at the end of the school year with all his books with less than 50% completed and his teacher never assigned any single homework during the year (2012-2013). The principal never replies e-mails, letters, phone calls or any request for meetings or questions. I will never recommend this school to any kid in the average or above average level.

Posted July 11, 2011
I have been very impressed by the teachers in this school. I was amazed at how well they handled all the children, their specific needs and helped them all thrive. I feel very blessed to have been in this Silver Lakes Elementary district! We have never had a problem with discipline/bullying at this school. Large PTSA presence, friendly staff in front office and cafeteria.

Posted April 12, 2010
I have lived across the street for 11 years and my daughter who will be 15 went to this school, now my two little ones 5 and 7 go here, I love the teachers, they care about their students and they teach them the best!!!!!

Silver Lakes Elementary School 0

Posted September 12, 2009
I am a parent of a Kindergradener in Silver Lakes and my son loves his school

Posted May 06, 2008

Posted March 27, 2008

Posted May 13, 2007
We love Silver Lakes Elementary! Our children (3)have wonderful teachers who love their jobs. It is nice to see a school that emphasizes the child, not the FCAT. There are many activities and opportunities for parents to get involved in their child's education. We are lucky to have this school in our neighborhood!

Posted May 09, 2007

Silver Lakes Elementary School
2300 Southwest 173rd Avenue, Miramar, FL  33029
Last modified Silver Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top