492 students|Broward

Bad
Good

This was my son's 1st year at Silver Shores, and I am very happy. His teacher Ms. Reyes is outstanding. The parent/teacher communication is great,my emails are always answered in a timely manner.The school offers a lot of parent involvement, such as monthly family nights. The principal is always at the family nights, along with some teachers. Great school.

The school is very good,they teach very well,and the teachers and staff are frendly.can ask for more.

Dr. Leff is an outstanding principal. The entire school staff is caring, kind, and respectful. It is a nurturing environment where children can really focus on what is being taught without distractions. They have many really fun school events all year for the children. The academics are top notch with the STEM program, Hour of Code, etc...

I'm a 1st grader mom and I am very happy with this school. My daughter loves her 1st grade teacher and her reading teacher. I have no complaints about them. Excellent communication between both teachers and me. School principal is great. So sad she is not going to be there for 2013-2014, but happy for her she got promoted. Great PTA.

I went to this school since 1st grade. I am now in 7th grade. Silver Shores is an amazing school, while others couldn't wait to leave, I wanted to stay. I was in chorus for 4th and 5th grade and I was in drama club in 5th. They were amazing experiences, despite the fact I'm shy, they were. The teachers were amazing!!!! The students are nice, but you need to find the proper friends... the field trips are an amazing experience, even if they are educational.. this school taught me everything I know. I get straight A's in school.. unlike most schools you can actually feel the love and care from the students, teachers, and other staff.. if you need a tutor they'll get you one. There's no bad things about this school... I really really miss this school.. unfortunately I've tried visiting, but classes already started so I couldn't get in.. Also, I was only able to go to the Islands of Adventures field trip, but not the Sea World one.. other than that my final school year there (2009-2010) was absolutely amazing!!!!

I went to this school for the 2009-2010 year.It was my last year so I got lots of priveledges(excuse my grammar it's summer !) since I was in the High Acheivers class.The Gifted and High Acheiving children got to attend Sea World .It was a lot of fun but since I went to the Sea World trip my parents told me I could not attend the Islands of Adventure trip.This school is surprisingly filled with cliques i\ even in the classroom.There's the popular,the wannabe populars,the class clowns,the weirdo's,the all-around kids, and of course the snobby kids.Since most of us live in that community we have upscale lives living in two-story houses. I had many encounters with snobby girls who thought they ran Silver Shores well newsflash.They don't. But otherwise I think it's a really great school they just need more funding for the extra-curriculars such as Drama club. Love, a student.

Silver Shores is a great school. The 2009-2010 school year was my last year here at Silver Shores, but I still have two younger siblings attending the school. Silver SHores is an AWESOME school because of the extracurricular activities such as chorus, book club, morning announcements club, drama, and the PAL athletic league. OUr school also has great field trips. We are allowed four field trips a year, and the fifth graders go on a special trip commemorating their graduation from Elementary School. This year the field trip was to Islands of Adventure!!! The teachers here are wonderful and the student teacher ratio is 23:1. The school grounds are great with a kickball and soccer field, two playgrounds,and a basketball court. We have a lot of technology here like the computers and laptops and this year we even got smartboards. Silver Shores is definetly the way to go!!!!

My son is attending to this school since Kinder, is a great school. Excelent Staff, good PTA, beautiful facilities, 5 stars.

My daughter attended Kindergarten and first grade at this school. She had Ms. Santiago and Ms. Brookoff which are both excellent teachers that I just can't say enough about! The PTA is very active and offers many activities for families to become involved. The Principal and Vice Principal are very accessible and nice. The teachers at this school (those who were not even my daughters teachers) are also very nice and approachable. Our family truly loves this school and my husband and I feel privileged to have been able to send our daughter to such a wonderful and loving school. We are now moving out of state and only hope that we can be lucky enough to have such loving, professional teachers at our daughters new school. I highly recommend this school! Keep up the great job Silver Shores.

This a great school. The teachers are wonderful and my son loves it! He has been here since kindergarten and is now going to fourth grade. The school works hard to personalize instruction for the students. The PTA is great and does a lot of fun stuff for the kids.

Last modified Silver Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.