Miramar, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 04, 2014
I have only great things to say about sle I love the communication between the teacher and the parents, it is very clean, I find it very organized and great educational system. My daughter started this year to go to sle, I had to change her from silver lake elementary( she is assigned to that school) and let me tell you I see a huge difference between one and the other, I am extremely happy with sunset lakes elementary, the classroom my daughter is at have 18 students, and the teacher is great!!

Posted November 05, 2014
The school is over crowded. Over 22 students in some classrooms, and a lot of yelling and chaos as one reviewer mentioned. All they care about are test scores, not the best learning experience for the students. There is a PTSA at the school that does not contribute anything to the teachers, or from what I see the students. It is one unorganized fundraiser after another. I have even witnessed members of the PTSA fighting loudly amongst each other in the hallway, which I find innappropriate. The school needs a lot of improvement.

Posted October 21, 2014
SLE is spectacular! The teachers, staff and adminiatrators are very educated and caring and have our children's best interest at heart. They have high expectations for all students and prepare them well for their future. All students who attend this school are very fortunate to be surrounded by the best role models!

Posted September 29, 2014
My son just joined first grade in this school. Being a volunteer and being able to actually have a look inside the class while in session has been an eye opener for me. The teachers are extremely stressed in the classroom. Shouts and yells at all the kids, some kids get yelled at more than the others. Kids can be made to stand outside the classroom and become a topic of discussion among all the teachers. Many a times my kid has come home with wet pants, telling me he was not allowed to use the restroom in spite of asking her three times. Home works are given out as loose sheets of papers. If they fall out of the paper, kids are yelled at. Administrative staff at the front desk are some of the worst people to deal with. Especially an old lady with short hair. Best part is note is teacher's change in behavior as soon as kids parents shows up to pick the kids up at the end of school. Almost as if they have a split personality!

Posted September 20, 2014
Overcrowded!!! My daughter is in a first grade class this year with over 30 students! How is a child supposed to learn? There are 2 teachers, but my daughter said they are always trying to get all of the kids under control and have little time to teach. We feel that she is gifted, and are very concerned that there are way too many kids in her class, and that she will fall behind because of it. Overall, I would say that the school does not follow the 18:1 student teacher ratio, and that is very concerning.

Posted August 16, 2014
My two daughters have had the most wonderful experiences at SSL. The administration, support staff, teachers, and parent organizations work collaboratively to provide the best education for our children. My girls have been so happy. While one is now starting middle school, I am proud that my younger one will continue to benefit from their love and dedication to our community. It is an amazing school with a beautiful campus and loving staff. It feels like an elite private school. Thank you Sunset Lakes Elementary!

Posted August 07, 2014
I just found out that my friend's child was bullied and attacked in this school, and nothing was done about it. I pulled my two children out because my 4th grader was bullied the entire 2013-2014 school year and the principal and assistant principal didn't do anything. They would not answer my emails or phone calls. Sometimes I would even stand outside his office, but he would not acknowledge this serious issue. I am fortunate my kids got into Somerset Academy and we will never have to deal with Sunset Lakes again!

Posted July 23, 2014
Complete lack of transparency. That's all I need to say. Go for a reassignment at another local school or apply for charter schools such as Somerset Academy.

Posted January 17, 2014
Omg I went to this school from 1st-5th grade and am bow in 6th in Glades Middle. Sunset Lakes is the best. The teachers are very nice and now how to let loose and be fun, and the new principle, well, if you ever get stuck going to bush gardens with him on your bus, remind him there are water rides there. Just don't let him drag you onto one. There are always parties as rewards. This school really gives kids the fun so they want to go, but teach them the right things to succeed in things. Also to any parents who are worried about the rumors about Glades. Yah, they're are some fights. Like. 2 a month. But its a very nice school. Same thing as sunset lakes but the teachers are a bit..less loose. Hope this helped, seeing it from a childs point of view :)

Posted May 07, 2013
I have two kids in the school since I moved from NJ. I have a first grader who's been here for 2 yrs and a prek who has been there for 2 yrs also. In Sept 2013 my oldest will go to second grade and my youngest will start Kindergarten. What can I say, I love it!!! Beautiful school inside, clean, large, great teachers, beautiful mac computer lab. The administration is wonderful very helpful. The bus program is great and my kids belong to another zone school (panther run) but I don't send them there its not as sophisticated or up to date (tech wise). The academics at Sunset Lakes is also one of a kind. Kuddos...I love this school....

Sunset Lakes Elementary School
18400 Southwest 25th Street, Miramar, FL  33029
Last modified Sunset Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top