852 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 05, 2016
My oldest daughter attended SSL from KG to 5th grade. She is now completing 7th grade and takes two high school courses because of how well her teachers prepared her. My youngest daughter is finishing 4th grade and has had an equally amazing experience. From the classroom teachers, to the office staff, the cafeteria ladies, custodians, and the administration… they all take great pride in teaching and caring for our children. Thank you!

Sunset Lakes Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 19, 2015
They do a great job with my daughter. She is in speech therapy since she was 18 month old and I have seen the improvements on her since she is in this school.

Posted September 19, 2015
Sunset Lakes Elementary is a wonderful and beautiful school. The buildings are always clean, fresh and the teachers and administrators are wonderful people. If there is problem they make sure to solve it In a timely manner. My children are very happy there. They offer many extracurricular activities and if your child needs improvements in their grades, they make sure he or she receives the help that your child needs. Is a gem of a school and I wish every single school would be like this one! Excellent principal! One of the best that I had seen in many years! We are lucky to be in this school and blessed!

Posted February 12, 2015
My daughter was at Sunset Lakes Lakes Elementary for 5 years. I had her reassigned from a private school. What a phenomenal experience! This is an A+ school rated on the top 100 schools in Florida. I recommend this school to anyone that move to the area. The teachers are extremely dedicated to the academics, the school has state of the art technology, and there are no words to describe the administration. The office staff also is very accommodating and customer service oriented. Continue doing what you are doing Mr. Charpentier and Ms. Correa beacause you are the BEST OF THE WEST!!!

Posted February 11, 2015
Sunset Lakes Elementary is by far one of the best schools in the state. I have never seen teachers so dedicated and enthusiastic about teaching and learning. They are the best in their district by far!!!! Please don't listen to negative responses. I don't understand why people would lash out at such an amazing school filled with such a caring and hard-working staff that only want the best for their students. Sunset Lakes is by far the Best in the West!!!

Posted January 25, 2015
My son attended this school last year 2013-2014. Within the first 2 weeks of school he came home with bruises and fingernail marks around his neck. I contacted the school immediately, but they never did anything. Subsequently, he was kicked by a boy, which required medical attention. Again, nothing was don except the boy was not allowed to go on a trip, and the Primcipal did not find enough evidence to "substantiate bullying". Thank goodness most of the schools are under capacity, so I was able to reassign my son to a much better school in my opinion. He's now at Silver Shores Elementary where the Principal did his dissertation on bullying and upholds a zero tolerance policy.

Posted December 04, 2014
I have only great things to say about sle I love the communication between the teacher and the parents, it is very clean, I find it very organized and great educational system. My daughter started this year to go to sle, I had to change her from silver lake elementary( she is assigned to that school) and let me tell you I see a huge difference between one and the other, I am extremely happy with sunset lakes elementary, the classroom my daughter is at have 18 students, and the teacher is great!!

Posted November 05, 2014
The school is over crowded. Over 22 students in some classrooms, and a lot of yelling and chaos as one reviewer mentioned. All they care about are test scores, not the best learning experience for the students. There is a PTSA at the school that does not contribute anything to the teachers, or from what I see the students. It is one unorganized fundraiser after another. I have even witnessed members of the PTSA fighting loudly amongst each other in the hallway, which I find innappropriate. The school needs a lot of improvement.

Posted October 21, 2014
SLE is spectacular! The teachers, staff and adminiatrators are very educated and caring and have our children's best interest at heart. They have high expectations for all students and prepare them well for their future. All students who attend this school are very fortunate to be surrounded by the best role models!

Posted September 29, 2014
My son just joined first grade in this school. Being a volunteer and being able to actually have a look inside the class while in session has been an eye opener for me. The teachers are extremely stressed in the classroom. Shouts and yells at all the kids, some kids get yelled at more than the others. Kids can be made to stand outside the classroom and become a topic of discussion among all the teachers. Many a times my kid has come home with wet pants, telling me he was not allowed to use the restroom in spite of asking her three times. Home works are given out as loose sheets of papers. If they fall out of the paper, kids are yelled at. Administrative staff at the front desk are some of the worst people to deal with. Especially an old lady with short hair. Best part is note is teacher's change in behavior as soon as kids parents shows up to pick the kids up at the end of school. Almost as if they have a split personality!

Sunset Lakes Elementary School
18400 Southwest 25th Street, Miramar, FL  33029
Last modified Sunset Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.