New Renaissance Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1079 students

Posted October 1, 2014

I graduated New Renaissance two years ago. If you send your child there, ensure that they are in the gifted program. Teachers like Mrs. Astudillo and Mrs. Manriquez will prepare you for high school and beyond. Sure there are "distractions" at this school, but it's just like any other school. I find that some of my NRMS high achieving courses were much more difficult than my advanced and AP classes. Your kid is bound to learn a lot at Renaissance and there are plenty of events there that'll make his/her's middle school experience memorable.

Posted June 9, 2014

I need more information about this school, because my child need to try out the school.

Posted December 9, 2013

This school is horrible don't waste your time going there. My daughter just transferred there and on the first day she came home crying because the students are horrible and very defiant and disrespectful . The teachers are ok but it's mostly substitutes. I also know that one of the teachers doesn't even let her own children go there. This school is very dangerous . My daughter had gold earrings on and they snatched it right off her ears and ran this school needs to get it together and start being more attentive and strict.

Posted August 8, 2013

My school is great school because there are so many great teacher and staffs that help you there the foods there are ok but the school is excellent they have great Feild trips that are fun and educated and when it is almost at the end of the year we have party's movie day celebration and the teachers teach you every thing that is on the FCAT that is how great my school is thank you

Posted August 5, 2013

I went to new rennisance middle school for 3 years and when I found out we had a flvs class I didn't like it the teacher there was very suspect when she said thing espcially to my friend he was scared that he didn't even go to her class I think they should get rid of her overall the school is great but this teacher is really suspect

Posted May 2, 2013

I'm currently an 8th grader in this school and honestly, it's not a bad school at all. Teachers and staff love the kids and they try to help them as much as they can. Of course there are some students that don't always listen but that happens in all schools. Schools cant guarantee there wont be any students to start drama or fail classes. But the assistant principals and other staff members do their best to stop that, when really parents should be doing it. I recommend this school to all parents for their children.

Posted April 18, 2013

I went to New Renni last for 3 years and had no problems with anyone. It has really changed and I honestly think my time there was great. Every middle school has fights, and they just focus on us because of our past. I was the Student Body President last year in 8th grade and I loved my school. It's very clean and teachers love their jobs and their kids. Of course, there are the rotten apples but most of them are delt with and staff is super nice. All of the stereotyping is really npt necessary. I was also in the Gifted program, and my friends were in regular classes, and we got along. It depends on the student not to get into fights and such. I even left the school with a great relationship with the principal. All you need is vigor and you will do great. -PROUD ex-CAVALIER

Posted March 26, 2013

My daughter is in 6th grade in this school. At first, I was delighted. My delight was torn down by the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Although my daughter maintained a 4.0 during 1st & 2nd quarters and a 3.9 GPA for the 3rd quarter, the school is horrible. Team 6A has not had a set history teacher for almost an entire quarter because the teacher retired. The substitutes do not have control over the children. My daughter comes home complaining and frustrated every day. I ve spoken with the team leader and although she has received several complaints from other parents and has forwarded the information to the administration, the problem has not been resolved. My daughter is not receiving the education she deserves. Additionally, she is harassed by other children for no reason. She is told to ignore them . The bus driver made her cry in front of other children on the bus, so now we pick her up and drop her off. It s like trying to break through a steel wall to get the respect and education my daughter deserves! Despite it all-Math teacher is great! Offers tutoring for the children. Team Leader shows my daughter support making her feel comfortable. Science teacher is nice and helpful.

Posted January 25, 2013

I am a college student now but I went to New Renaissance Middle my 6th grade yr.That was the worst decision ever. This school is a joke and is not taken seriously. When i attended it was a 5 star top notch no tolerance school. now it is rated 6/10. The very first day of school there was a fight with beer bottles. everyday every period there was a fight. towards the end of the school year. there was a girl that had threatened me. The report was made and nothing was done. at the time i was vulnerable and skinny and didnt know how to fight. the end of the day came and the hit me. she kept pushing and shoving me. I did nothing. i went back to make another report. the office said they didnt get my first report. later on in the week while the assistant principal was debriefing me in her office, I saw my first report. I was looking at it while the ast. princ. was still saying they did not have it. After looking back at it a few times she turned it over very quickly. everyone was covering up some sort of evidence. the officer said the tape wasnt caught beccause it snap shots in 10 sec intervals. anyway. I do not recommend this school.

Posted January 6, 2013

This is coming from and current 8th grader. It's really not a bad school. They have programs for advanced or gifted students who learn at a faster pace and the diversity of the school is growing a bit.. Sure the school has fights but of my 2 1/2 years here, there were only 6 of any significance. The main problem in this school is that some students gain this mentality that they aren't smart and can't learn, or they don't have to learn, or they just don't want to learn, or they think that if they just be lazy and barely pass with a C then it's okay. Teachers have been stressing the fact how important your middle school grades are so often it gets annoying. It's up to the student though how they want to act and whether or not they want to learn. The teachers teach it, but its up to the students to learn it. If you don't understand, teachers give TONS of tools to help, such as Khan Academy, tutoring, extra practice, extra credit, make-ups, whatever. Then the student still has an F or D or C and then when the big test comes they say "When did we learn this!" and then some parents think its teachers fault. Like I read in one person's review, the schools as bad as you make it.

Posted April 22, 2012

New Renaissance is great!! I'm in the 6Th grade and I <3 it!! My fave teachers Mrs.Greene, Ms.Hankerson, Mr.Didonato Rock!!SURE THERE IS SUM FIGHTING BUT I STAY OUT OF IT!!i AM JUST HAVING FUN IN skool wid my friends and we dont care about all that junk..!Love u my crazzy friends and i know im a crazzy smilling girl!!LOVE this skool!:)

Posted January 26, 2012

NO HUNGRY KIDS!!! STOP BULLYING!!! My children are new students at this school, and I am really dissappointed, yesterday my daughter was telling me that one of her friends was left without lunch, just because the lady in charge of the Cafeteria decided that she owes money to them and the kid didn't receive a lunch, my daughter shared her lunch with the student and then she was hungry too, please DON'T LET this happens, ask parents to be more responsables but the kids don't have to pay for this. PLEASE, PLEASE, take more care with the bullying cases, it has to STOP in the School.

Posted November 8, 2011

In my opinion New Renaissance Middle is a wonderful school. There are excellent teachers, challenging academic classes, and they had brought back the extra-curricular activities (which were originally cut). Offering advanced and gifted classes allows the students, including me, to learn at a faster rate. The school academically is an A school, and has good FCAT scores. We currently now have the escort system, which forbids students to leave the classroom without an administrator worker. Fights hardly ever occur, and when they do privileges are taken away. People should stop speaking badly about the school if they have nothing good to say about it. "Ghetto people" [excuse my language] give the school a bad reputation, by starting fights and doing poorly in academics. I am not saying that African Americans are the ghetto people of the school, since many of my classmates are "black" and do not act inappropriately. And the parents whom complain about a lack of diversity at the school should stop. It is not the schools, or the staffs fault. All of you who judge the school without learning further about it should be sorry.You can't judge a book by it's cover, can you?Thanks for reading.

Posted August 4, 2011

Constant fighting, Kids being robbed, No security guarding them while off the halls or restrooms. Bad reputation as a Middle school in broward county

Posted July 20, 2011

My son is a student at New Renaissance. From day one kids were trying to fight with him for no reason at all. I complained, but nothing really gets done. It's very stressful sending your child to a school that doesn't help. It's as if they don't know what to do with the kids there. I don't want to send him back and he doesn't want to leave because he's met some really nice teachers there. I told him that his safety and education comes first. This school needs serious improvement.

Posted May 8, 2011

After i read most of the reviews from the parents i was very disappointed. I love my school. In the two years I have been going there I have only seen two fights and to me i think thats a wonderful amount for a middle school. Many parents are complaining that they are not up to date with information about the school but my mother knows more then me because of the daily phon calls from our principal. I as gifted student at New Renaissance believe I get a wonderful education and i rank high in the fcat scores from the STATE so i think my teachers are doing a pretty good job at teaching.

Posted May 1, 2011

My son currently attend New Renaissance Middle School, his time there has been has been terrible. They are busing kids in from out of the area. In my opinion I think only 30% of the student body attend the school while 70% is being bused in on the choice option No Child Let Behind. Which has turned the school into a hostile environment for learning. If you bring in students in from low performing school you need to change the mind set with Life and social skills training for the student body. My son has been taunted because he's Black and well spoken and does'nt speak or act ghetto. He has been bullied repeatedly. If any parent have other options use it do not send your kid to this school, it will drain you and your kid mentally. Also it lacks diversity it is 85% African American, 15% others. This is an important componet needed for life, culture diversity. No parental involvement, how could you when a great percentage are bused in from far away, Im sure the parents who don't live and pay taxes in the area will drive back to school for any school activities.

Posted April 19, 2011

I have heard about New Renaissance and it's horrible! There are more fights here than glades I do not approve

Posted April 29, 2010

i love NRMS! people on here are talking about how they dont like it expessially the parents. first of all none of theses parents go to the school and probably never have ! this is the best school to make friends and learn; i have lots of fun at this school i feel as if this is more of a family than students and staff. compared to wc young and hd perry we are more united expessially when there is a problem or an important situation. i love nrms and would recommend this school to any and everyone ! thank you and have a nice day :)
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 24, 2010

new rennaissance is a good school. if you are rude to teachers than you would say that the school is not good if your not you will know that the school is a good school. W have escorts to the restroom so there is more percentage that nobody is getting hurt. i*LIKE*NRMS*
—Submitted by a student

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

329 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

327 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

350 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

361 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

309 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

385 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

344 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

382 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

421 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

79 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

42 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 10%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

Performing and written arts
  • Dance

• MS. JANET MORALES
Fax number
  • (754) 323-3585

Staff resources available to students
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Dance
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10701 Miramar Boulevard